PDA

View Full Version : So, what do you reckon of my chances?

Skittles
March 6th, 2010, 17:35
Some of you may remember me recently creating a thread about defragging and a full FSX reinstall. I cleaned up the PC (including uninstalling FSX, defragged it well, optimised the drives etc).

Then of course it comes to reinstalling my Gold version of FSX. I grab the box from the shelf and open it.

Three CD's? Check.

Activation code for FSX Deluxe? Check.

Stupid little bit of card with Acceleration activation on it?........

Stupid little.......

GARGH.

Planning to ring microsoft on monday and hopefully just get another activation code for acceleration. I've got a perfectly legal copy of FSX here and I'm not losing out based on a tiny slip of cardboard going missing.

Do you think they'll play ball?

CL19O1
March 6th, 2010, 18:47
Not good. Unfortunately so many try to scam using the same excuse that it has ruined it for the rest of us.

Bjoern
March 7th, 2010, 03:47
Well, there's certain "fixes" out there that will solve your problem (the activation), but I'd be insane to talk about them publically.

Daube
March 7th, 2010, 06:29
I've got a separate Acceleration box (bought it when Gold edition wasn't here yet), and the product key is glued inside the box. It's not on a separated card or anything like that, so there's no way I loose it until I loose the whole box.
Is it different in the Gold version ?

Skittles
March 7th, 2010, 07:32
I've got a separate Acceleration box (bought it when Gold edition wasn't here yet), and the product key is glued inside the box. It's not on a separated card or anything like that, so there's no way I loose it until I loose the whole box.
Is it different in the Gold version ?

Yep.

The Deluxe activation key is on a sticker attached above the disk holder.

The acceleration activation code was on a separate little bit of card (perhaps 3cm x 7cm) which was just tucked in with the manual etc.

I'm aware of the fixes Bjoern, and obviously I can use them in clear conscience, given that I've got my purchased sim right in front of me!

Bjoern
March 7th, 2010, 08:43
I'm aware of the fixes Bjoern, and obviously I can use them in clear conscience, given that I've got my purchased sim right in front of me!

Well, go ahead then.

I use it too because reinstalling FSX after reinstalling the OS just because of that effin' activation is way too inconvienient for me.