PDA

View Full Version : LAAHS Pulling The Plug

Moses03
March 6th, 2010, 08:53
Got this email yesterday from The Latin American Aviation Historical Society (LAAHS). Sad to see them close down. Was a great resource.

"Dear friends,

After 13 long years of service to the aero-historian and enthusiast community, we announce that the LAAHS project has reached its end. In the next couple of days we're going to shut down the website, the forum and the Facebook page for good.

The main reason behind this decision is because the two individuals behind the whole concept simply ran out of spare time. As you may recall this was basically a voluntary effort carried by Tulio Soto and yours truly, but both of us are finding difficult to make some time for performing the duties that the website and forum requires.

Besides, we have noticed that the amount of traffic towards the site, and the participation at the forum as well, has decreased considerabbly, to the point of only two or three people posting their messages there. Additionally, contributions in the form of articles and other material has stalled, as any of you can see at the website.

We're proud of the path that LAAHS followed, and we're happy to see the many sites that were born, were and that were inspired by it. If you were with us back in the 90s, you would remember that we were the only website in the whole internet dealing with Latin American Aviation History. Just try to count how many there are now...

All in all, we want to thank you for supporting us when it was needed and for being there. Without any doubt, if weren't for you, we wouldn't came this far.

Let's hope that the future will bring another chance to put up another project were we can share information, communicate and have fun.

Thanks and have an excellent flight.

M. Overall"

lefty
March 6th, 2010, 09:02
One you kept quiet about, eh !

Moses03
March 6th, 2010, 14:37
A Gentleman doesn't kiss and tell.:engel016:

Here is a followup email. If anyone is interested in requesting an invitation please send me a PM. Looks like there will be a LAAHS presence after all.

"In an effort to keep the community in touch after the closing of the LAAHS, I have created an "invitation-only" group at Yahoo Groups called "Aero-Historians of Latin America." There you will be able to continue sharing information, asking questions and communicating in general. (And since these Yahoo Groups are so easy to administrate, I'll be happy to moderate it.)

Two things to have in mind if you want to participate:

1) Send me an email requesting an invitation. My email address is XXXXXXXXXX

2) You will be required to create a Yahoo email account (Disregard this if you have one already.) You can change the email address where you want to receive the notifications, and forget about using it, though. Thus, you will have the chance to receive the messages recently posted in the group, directly via email and also, you will be able to post via email too.

The Group can be seen here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aero_historians/

Remember, send me your request for invitations to XXXXXXXXXX
Regards.

Mario Overall"