PDA

View Full Version : Alaska terrain mesh

olaf1924
March 6th, 2010, 08:41
I just started to use my new utx alaska and would like to know if any one is using a product like justin's terrain mesh for alaska. I read that it is 38m instead of 10m. The product is on sale at his website at 30% off this weekend. The mountains for southeast alaska seem to lake detail compared to what they looked like growing up in this area.

MCDesigns
March 6th, 2010, 08:46
Actually UTX Alaska comes with it's own mesh. From my experience, unless you are using photoreal textures on the mountains, they are going to be lacking from how they look in the real world.

jmig
March 6th, 2010, 09:22
Actually UTX Alaska comes with it's own mesh. From my experience, unless you are using photoreal textures on the mountains, they are going to be lacking from how they look in the real world.

Yes, but they are working with Justin. He is finishing up on his ver. 2 of the Alaska mesh. Fixes sloped runways from being plateaued. Maybe the UTA is like the others, only using mesh for cities and coast lines?

FAC257
March 6th, 2010, 10:08
Justin had already released the first set of updates for his Alaskan Mesh/UTX compatibility project.

If you already own the FSG Alaska-Hawaii Mesh you can log into your account and the new files should show up in your personal library of stuff as dated 02-19-2010

FAC

olaf1924
March 6th, 2010, 10:50
I guess my question is justins mesh for alaska a product worth getting along with uta. I have his mesh for the usa and I can report that it is a great product. I also see it covers hawaii.