PDA

View Full Version : ETO Spits after 1.30

Vogelscheuche
March 5th, 2010, 19:26
Can one install the ETO MK1 spitfires AFTER the installation of 1.30 ?

grizzly50
March 5th, 2010, 19:47
Can one install the ETO MK1 spitfires AFTER the installation of 1.30 ?

:kilroy:Vogelscheuche, the ETO Mk 1 Spitfires are already IN ETO 1.30.:d

Vogelscheuche
March 5th, 2010, 20:09
How wonderful. Well done!

oki
March 6th, 2010, 16:03
I am slightly changing the subject (and my point isn't really that important :redface:), but just a quick question:

some of the ai planes (I believe the Mk 1 Hurricanes and Spitfires) have no pilots. I have tried all sorts of things, but could not really find a reason for this (when deleting the bdp they appear once)

does anybody know what is wrong here?

BeauBrummie
March 6th, 2010, 22:47
They're just very short Oki:icon_lol:

ndicki
March 6th, 2010, 23:27
Attrition.

Actually, I think it's that they've been modelled that way. Don't you have to add the pilot as a separate mesh in GMAX or something?

Frosty
March 6th, 2010, 23:43
Do these AI planes have a virtual cockpit? If they don't, my guess would be no VC, no pilot. The node that calls for the pilot model is probably in the VC.

Pat Pattle
March 7th, 2010, 00:20
Do these AI planes have a virtual cockpit? If they don't, my guess would be no VC, no pilot. The node that calls for the pilot model is probably in the VC

That would be easily sorted then, maybe by adding the chap as a payload or give me some time and I'll make a pilot-only vc for the Hurris & Spits.

hairyspin
March 7th, 2010, 01:38
If the node (pilot0) is in the VC, it won't show in external views, such as AI aircraft. It needs to be in the external model. Also if the node is in the VC, there's someone's legs and feet where I want to sit! :banghead:

Frosty
March 7th, 2010, 02:19
If the node (pilot0) is in the VC, it won't show in external views, such as AI aircraft. It needs to be in the external model. Also if the node is in the VC, there's someone's legs and feet where I want to sit! :banghead:

Ah, that's why I should stick to airfields 'n' buildings, not trying to be smart with someone who knows about aircraft modelling :pop4:

oki
March 7th, 2010, 11:05

so I understand the pilot cannot be added to the external model somehow (and I should not waste any time on this)......:pop4:

Pat Pattle
March 7th, 2010, 21:43
I checked out the ai_3gb hurris and they have pilots, can you tell me which a/c have this issue please oki?

oki
March 8th, 2010, 12:13
the ETO Hurricane Mk1, the ones in BOF, Era 1 (with the black and white painted wings),
but I remember there are other models in CFS3, for example the French MS406......