PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my controllers...

Mike9685
March 5th, 2010, 14:35
I have my controllers (Combatstick and Pro-Pedals) setup in IL-2 1946, ROF and FSX. I've having a hard time making sense out of the various view commands and setting them up in the map for CFS3. Those of you familiar with the Combatstick; I'd like to make Hat 1 (B10) (left click) an outside view of the aircraft (so I can look around), Hat 1 (B8) (right click) to jump back into the cockpit. (Forward and Aft - Zoom in and Zoom out...). I have the commands setup in the map, but I have to do multiple "clicks" or go to the keyboard (and it only works some of the time...). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Snake

tenspeed
March 5th, 2010, 18:43
Did you try and map the same keys through the in-game controller assignments to see if you CH map wasn't making the connection to the sim? I have the same stick and all seem to work for me.

Mike9685
March 6th, 2010, 15:48
tenspeed

HAT 1 UP - CTL BKSPC (Zoom in) Works
HAT 1 Down - CTL ENT (Zoom out) Works
HAT 1 Left - Shift F6 (Float View) Doesn't work
HAT 1 Right - F3 (Cockpit View) Doesn't work

I've tried everything and it still doesn't work. The in-game controller is mapped to the same commands. The keyboard function keys only work intermittently (microsoft digital media 3000). I'm not sure where to go from here troubleshooting this. POV and all the other buttons work. The controller(s) work(s) in IL-2 1946, FSX, and ROF. (I've tried reinstalling several times - especially when installing ETO and PTO...) Any ideas?

tenspeed
March 6th, 2010, 16:24
My Float view works in external view. All it does is positions the camera behind the plane.

The F3 only works inside the cockpit and all it does is remove the cockpit.

Since neither of these work from the CH manager and in-game settings I would think there's a problem with the sim getting the signals from the 2 sources. Not having these views is not really important. The only way to get the rear camera view is use F4. That rotates different camera angles and 1 is the view you're looking for.

Hope this helps.

Mike9685
March 7th, 2010, 05:26
Got it...that'll work.
Thanks for your help.