PDA

View Full Version : Is Diamond MM owned by Creative Labs?

jmig
November 6th, 2008, 16:28
If this isn't weird nothing is. Today I purchased a Diamond Xtreme Sound 7.1 sound card at a local Office Depot. I got it home and installed it in my FS computer.

I followed the directions in the manual but I couldn't get the drivers to load and kept getting a message telling me to plug in the sound card. Since XP was seeing it I knew it was in correctly and figured it was my usual luck with computers. You know, Ain't nothin gonna work right the first or second time.

So I pulled the card and looked at it again. It said Audigy 2 on it. It was a Creative Labs Sound Blaster card in a shrink wrapped Diamond box.

The SOB is going back tomorrow morning!

Lionheart
November 6th, 2008, 16:50
Hey John,

Do you think someone put their old unit back in there with some nice wrapping on it and returned it? There is alot of that at Walmart. One guy returned his Cable Model with a stapler in the box. Really mad customer that brought that back in..... :kilroy:

When I purchased my last to nVidia cards, I noted that there were alot of things based around it by another company, which made me feel like perhaps someone else owns nVidia. (PNY something....) You never know these days....

Bill

jmig
November 6th, 2008, 18:10
Hey John,

Do you think someone put their old unit back in there with some nice wrapping on it and returned it? There is alot of that at Walmart. One guy returned his Cable Model with a stapler in the box. Really mad customer that brought that back in..... :kilroy:

When I purchased my last to nVidia cards, I noted that there were alot of things based around it by another company, which made me feel like perhaps someone else owns nVidia. (PNY something....) You never know these days....

Bill

The box was shrink wrapped and look untouched. Everything else was Diamond, including the warranty card. The card was in an antistatic bag and taped closed.

GT182
November 6th, 2008, 18:38
The card was in an antistatic bag and taped closed.

Yeah John, I'd say you got someone else's junk . ;) Any antistatic bag for a GFX card I've bought has been heat sealed.