PDA

View Full Version : IE8

Nonno
March 4th, 2010, 11:48
Maybe you guys have run into this. I can't log-in to SOH using IE8 since the new forums went up. I can log-in to SOH Flight Center forums while using the same settings. None of my settings have changed. I even did the reset thing because I know IE8 has a tendency to stop working with some sites. Firefox works fine.

Crusader
March 5th, 2010, 02:35
I run IE8 with new SOH and havn't experienced any problems yet . Maybe someone with more experience than me can jump in here and go over the settings more thoroughly .

Rich

Nonno
March 5th, 2010, 05:47
I always used IE8 with SOH, it wasn't until the new and improved SOH went up and now I can't log-in. Funny thing is that I can log-in at the SOH flight center forums no problem. Weird.

hey_moe
March 6th, 2010, 02:44
Try clearing your cookies and go to the IE security and click except for SOH. or do a copy and paste of the URL and paste it in the trusted site area of IE.....Mike

Nonno
March 6th, 2010, 07:46
Thanks Mike, I'll give it a try.

Nonno
March 6th, 2010, 20:41
That took care of it Mike. Thanks Again!

Moparmike
March 8th, 2010, 08:00
Another thing I noticed this weekend with my folks' computer running Vista and IE8...
Somehow their preffered program preferences got changed so that it was using IE8 64-bit instead of IE8 32-bit. Half of the websites they normally visit either had errors or stopped loading altogether.
I changed the default program back to IE8 32-bit and things were back to normal.

Doesn't sound like this applied to Nonno's case but it is something to keep in mind.

Nonno
March 8th, 2010, 09:18
Funny thing it worked yesterday after I added SOH to the safe list. But today it's not working again. I checked and it's still on the allow side. Weird, guess I'll just use Firefox. I know it works that way.