PDA

View Full Version : RE: F-22 Raptor video from the Farnborough Air Show

brad kaste
March 4th, 2010, 07:46
It's 7 minutes in length. Does every trick in the book and then some....

The F-22 Raptor

Al Norman, Lockheed Martin's

chief F-22 test pilot, describes

the flight demo of the Raptor

at the Farnborough Air Show

CLICK HERE! (http://www.militarytimes.com/multimedia/video/index_da.swf?fa=armytimes&wa=armytimes&wd=575&ht=324&cp=21772&bw=&state=vid&em=false&fn=/flv/20080714_rc_f22)

Duckie
March 4th, 2010, 10:14
Good vid, Brad. THANKS! :applause:

Duckie

Skittles
March 4th, 2010, 10:43
As much as I admire the performance and capabilities of the aircraft, there's just something about the F-22 which doesn't press my buttons.

Matt Wynn
March 4th, 2010, 10:52
As much as I admire the performance and capabilities of the aircraft, there's just something about the F-22 which doesn't press my buttons.

i know what you mean there, it's performance is great, its systems also great it's looks.... hit and miss, but theres that certain thing missing you can't put a finger on...

jmig
March 4th, 2010, 11:01

It pushes all of mine! Would love to fly that bird. Dang, what a blast it would be. Provided the heart could handle it. LOL
Even then, what a way to go.

Skittles
March 4th, 2010, 11:09
i know what you mean there, it's performance is great, its systems also great it's looks.... hit and miss, but theres that certain thing missing you can't put a finger on...

I think it's just too much of a practical aircraft. Stealthy? Yes. Fast? Yes. Interesting?........

What it essentially comes down to is this. If I was walking in the countryside, and I was buzzed by an F22 at full reheat, jet engines screaming, I'd probably laugh and get excited for a minute or two.

If I was walking in the countryside and I heard the roar of a merlin coming over the nearest hill, every hair on my body would stand on end, and I'd just sit there and listen in absolute awe.

One of my greatest aviation memories is from when I was walking around the village shops. The shops were almost in a valley, protected either side by a hill. I heard a familiar roar (immediately recognizing the sound) and as I turned to face it, the battle of britain memorial flight came over the valley at no more than 600 feet. You don't forget that.

Matt Wynn
March 4th, 2010, 11:18
only one aircraft has given me that all over tingling feeling, it has a noise that takes me back to my childhood, looks that i would trade my girl for.... it is no other than the RF-4, my goodness what a machine! every time i see one i almost shed a tear, remembering my childhood... and what that thing means to me...

Wing_Z
March 4th, 2010, 11:25
One of the better video/commentaries, thanks Brad.
With that kind of low-speed ability, that thing could probably shoot down a Tiger Moth with a gun

boxcar
March 4th, 2010, 13:01
...Does every trick in the book and then some....

...except fly in the rain. Really, though: impressive video, Brad, thanks.