PDA

View Full Version : freeflight design website

hews500d
March 4th, 2010, 05:27
Anybody know what's wrong with the FFDS site? Haven't been able to get on for the past couple days.

Darrell

hairyspin
March 4th, 2010, 11:31
No idea. I spent a night reading threads there on Tues and can still read it no problem. :isadizzy:

N2056
March 4th, 2010, 16:28
This link worked for me just now...
http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

From a post there yesterday...
"Yes, the main site has gone down. There has been a problem contacting the owner of the web site (a previous FFDS member), and thus there has been no way to transfer the site to any new person. The member who was providing the money for the old site has been hit hard by the economic downturn, as have the rest of us. Thus, (for now) the site will be down until/unless Felix is able to make other arrangements (AFAIK). Hopefully that won't be too long."

hews500d
March 4th, 2010, 18:40
Thanks! Yep the link worked for me too, whew !!! I'd hate to see them disappear, there's a wealth of information on there that would take years to replace.

Darrell

tgibson
March 5th, 2010, 15:26
Hi,

Felix has now posted. The new site will be www.freeflightdesign.org. The forum will stay where it is for now.

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson/FFDS

hairyspin
March 6th, 2010, 10:28
Excellent news, there's just too much good stuff there to lose! :icon29:

FelixFFDS
March 6th, 2010, 18:39
New ffds pages are up .... going through the actual files....

FelixFFDS
March 8th, 2010, 03:33
All files *should* be up....

Milton Shupe
March 8th, 2010, 10:09
Thank you Felix for all the extra effort to preserve an historic website :applause:

FelixFFDS
March 8th, 2010, 17:33
Thanks - but I still feel I'm just the caretaker.... IT's Frank, Tom and the others that came up with the idea, and all the users over the years that have made it what it is!

rhagen
March 17th, 2010, 17:02
Anybody know what's wrong with the FFDS site? Haven't been able to get on for the past couple days.

Darrell

DELETE reply.

Didn't see it had been answered already.

Cheers,
Ron