PDA

View Full Version : Electricity is AWESOME!

djscoo
March 3rd, 2010, 16:46
Stolen from a blog I have bookmarked (watch both until the end)
DYktDghfoFM
This one has strong language
vCpH19TkMqo
:mixedsmi:

boxcar
March 3rd, 2010, 17:32
Wow, good clips, thanks. You may be interested in this long but highly-informative video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2188562935002257117&ei=qRqPS9O4PIuMqwLC69nUAw&q=nikola+tesla+video&hl=en#

Nikola Tesla was "The Man"... many levels higher than Edison.

Trans_23
March 4th, 2010, 06:13
Here's what happens when fault current travels through the wires. Hope their puters had surge protection. :icon_lol:

mvNA2kawKVE&feature=related

Snuffy
March 4th, 2010, 06:18
Kinda wild.

Wonder who pays the bill to fix all those houses?

Cratermaker
March 4th, 2010, 06:34
I saw this in person about 10 years ago. The electricity finding a path around a sheet of glass was really spectacular and LOUD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i1lRqG8Nuo

Trans_23
March 4th, 2010, 06:35
Kinda wild.

Wonder who pays the bill to fix all those houses?

I read in the comments section that this was caused by tree trimmers. I'm sure their insurance company wasn't happy. I saw another video in a safety meeting of an auger truck that got up into the power lines. It arced and sparked and heated up until the tires blew out and started on fire. A buddy of mine sent me some pretty nasty pictures of what humans look like when they try and steal copper for live high voltage lines. Not pretty.

2Low
March 4th, 2010, 06:50
Cool vids all.

Before injuring my back I was a welder. Even though I did it everyday I was still amazed that we could melt metal with electricity and make 2 pieces into one solid piece. I almost felt like a magician. I still miss the smell of the weld shop.

Dain Arns
March 4th, 2010, 07:31
I'll add a classic from the 'early days' of YouTube...
(Like the title says, 500,000 Volts)

PXiOQCRiSp0

cheezyflier
March 4th, 2010, 08:25
Hope their puters had surge protection. :icon_lol:

thir stereo and tv was proly toasted but they didn't have a computer. have a look at the trucks, and the car in the driveway. those were the days before al gore invented the internets.