PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Flight- Using MSFS sounds,and you paid $40 for it!

Tim_Horton
March 3rd, 2010, 07:39
Hello boyz,

A friend of mine Sonic, is a sound engineer, has a blog, and is doing some stuff. I was reading his blog and was surprised at what he uncovered. Thought you would like to know also.

Turns out the sounds for Enviroment X are just boosted from mono to Stereo, and you paid $40.00 for it!

http://sonicsolutionsstudio.blogspot.com/2010/03/well-now.html

falcon409
March 3rd, 2010, 08:52
Interesting stuff. I don't really mess with audio addons since my sound comes out of a little speaker built into the monitor and other times out of the headset I wear while flying MP flights. I'm not a sound aficionado and wouldn't really appreciate the differences.

However, I can't say I'm at all surprised at what this fella discovered. The developers who pulled this off know full well that the majority of the people who buy the product don't really have a clue about the intricacies of sound. What "sounds" good to me may sound like crap to someone else and they rely on that lack of knowledge to snow the general public into thinking they're getting the latest and greatest.

If, what your friend seems to have discovered, turns out to be on the money, good for him and shame on Perfect Flight for allowing it to happen.

OBIO
March 3rd, 2010, 10:27
Sounds like a major rip off on several fronts. Paying $40 for some resampled stock sounds...that would burn my goat.

I have done a bit of sound pack work....none of it original...well a couple are sort of original in that I did not use a pre-existing sound pack by Lawdog, Aaron Swindle, Mike Hambly or someone else (with permissions of course) as the basis...a couple sound packs I did are based on audio I extracted from some videos I found of the Pietenpol Aircamper and Aeronca C3. I am very clear in my read me files whose original sound pack I tweaked to create the "new" sound pack...but even then I used some files from pre-existing sound packs.

The idea of using sound files by one person, tweaking them and claiming them as my own work and as brand new files simply does not appeal to me. Giving credit to the people who created the original files is my number on rule. I am not a creator, I am a tweaker and modifier only. If not for the real creators....Lawdog, Mike Hambly, Brian Gladden, Piglet, Milton Shupe, Alphasim, et al, I would not have any thing to tweak, modify, revamp or "restore".

OBIO