PDA

View Full Version : SCW aircraft

PRang
March 3rd, 2010, 06:14
Hello

Just downloaded ETO Ext 1.30; so far - great!
I have a request for SCW era airplanes. I have done this before with a few very valuable advise from the SOH community; but, I will try it again.

ETO 1.30 does not have a Bf-109B1/2 or C. I know there are some floating around; but they do not meet the quality
for ETO. These aircrafts had a prominent part in the air war flying with the 'Condor Legion' for most of the main
air battles in support of the Nationalist forces. The Bf-109Es arrived late in 1938 when the Nationalist had more-or-less control of the air over Spain. Could somebody modify these existing planes to be used in ETO 1.30?

Any SCW Heinkel He-51s in the future? Again, many German pilots assigned to the 'Condor Legion' got their first taste of battle flying these aircraft at the beginning of the war; as well as, some excellent future Nationalist ACEs.

And finally; the Tupolev Sb-2 'Katiuska' saw a lot of action for the Republican (Russian) airforce and was instrumental in spport of the ground forces and in many bombing runs on rebel forces facilities. Any plans for it in the near future?

I fully understand that to do these things require a lot of effort, teamwork and time but; I humbly request, that somebody takes a look at these requests and let me know if there is a possibility in the near future.

As always, Thanks

God bless

PRang :jump:

MajorMagee
March 3rd, 2010, 09:34
I assume you've tried these and found them lacking...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?29132-Spanish-Nationalist-Bf109C-Number-6-69&daysprune=100

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?28496-Spanish-Nationalist-Bf109E-1-Number-6-98&daysprune=100

PRang
March 3rd, 2010, 13:03
MajorMagee :salute::

Last time you suggested to use these aircrafts; which by the way - are great, I used them and built some missions around them. I was waiting for ETO 1.30 to come out to see if they were included so that I could used them in the missions I was going to submit for review and comments, but they were not. I guess I have to use the SCW Bf-109s in ETO 1.30 and suggest to use these -Bs and -Cs for historical reasons and see what happens.

Hope you did not misunderstood my request; my only concern was that they were not included in the new release.

I will send you an e-mail later with some suggestions for your SCW 109C skin. Right now my Grandson wants to play with the ETO Expansion game and you know what that means

Any words in the two other requests?

As always - Thanks for everything

God bless

PRang

MajorMagee
March 3rd, 2010, 14:26
I know they were not very good, and didn't expect they would end up being adopted for ETO. My hope in doing them was to stimulate someone to want to do them properly, but I know there are very few CFS3 Modelers, and very many desires from people like us for new aircraft.

Until I decide to take my 3D Modeling skills home from work and learn how to apply them to creating CFS3 planes for my hobby I'll just be patient, and wait for whatever comes along to paint pretty textures over... (It just seems wrong to do the same thing at home that I do at work all day.)

I too think the He-51, and SB-2 are very needed additions to CFS3 by the way.

ndicki
March 4th, 2010, 00:34
You have to admit that if we had the source files for the Bf109e (we do, somewhere) and a willing and competent modeller (most of those who master the arcane art are utterly overloaded already) then a nice Bf109c might not be all that difficult...