PDA

View Full Version : Catalina Question

Autothrottle
March 2nd, 2010, 21:46
Hello all,

Words cannot describe this magnificent bird! Any seaplane bases available for this aircraft or any other seaplanes for CFS3? I fly around for hours but I have to make frequent water landings to get a bearing. Any thoughts?

hairyspin
March 2nd, 2010, 22:01
I'm pretty sure there are seaplane bases in ETO 1.3, just haven't looked for them yet.

BeauBrummie
March 2nd, 2010, 23:57
The preeminent UK sea plane base at the moment is RAF Mount Batten

flashgordon
March 3rd, 2010, 00:07
There are 2 RAF seaplane bases in ETO 1.30, Pembroke Dock in South Wales and Mount Batten off Plymouth Sound both have Catalinas as static models replacing the Swordfish floatplanes of 1.20. In fact these were actually Sunderland bases but that pleasure still awaits.

I did look into putting the main UK Catalina base @ Castle Archdale, County Fermangh NI into the global layer but found that it was too far west and outside the CFS3 sand box as were the bases in Scotland which are above latitude N55.

hairyspin
March 3rd, 2010, 13:10
I did look into putting the main UK Catalina base @ Castle Archdale, County Fermangh NI into the global layer but found that it was too far west and outside the CFS3 sand box as were the bases in Scotland which are above latitude N55.

Bit of a nuisance that, and there was another seaplane base at Loch Ryan across the water from NI which had Catalinas,
Sunderlands and others in quantity. A nice project for someone if the sand box extended that far - which it doesn't. :banghead:

Led Zeppelin
March 4th, 2010, 11:00
I flew from Pembroke Dock yesterday... absolutely beautifull!