PDA

View Full Version : blow the horn please!!

gaw
March 2nd, 2010, 14:33
Devs.......yes, all of you who made this outrageously marvelous....drop dead great add to an enduring sim....may I make a request please. In a lifetime of Sundays, I'll never find and see half the great works of art you've put together here.....because I'm too busy fighting for my life in the air, commuting to work, or just seeing...fleetingly...what streaks by the cockpit. Would you consider please putting together a guided tour of the new things....and how we can see them, and appreciate what you've worked on. Think of a bicycle tour of the ACC airfields....enough time to smell the roses.....I'd to see the camo netting gun placements, the new skins, the flak effects, the damage models....all the things you've worked so hard on but are by their nature background "immersion" articles that make the game such a treat to fly and are seen but appreciated peripherally. You all labor over details that are beautiful subtleties that add to the painting but are often lost in the velocity of events. It may seem like "blowing your own horn" .....but in addition to the "read me" that comes with every install....and 1.30 is another beauty....I'd love4 to have a "check this out" read me that details how to look at the work you've done....what mission to find it in....we can all fly "Invincible" just to see what's new and go back to dying on the front line later. Sorry to be so long but this is clearly such a major overhaul and an enormous collective work of art.....I'd like to stand away from the painting and see the strokes...like an audio tour at the museum. many thanks for keeping CFS3 alive.... gaw

grizzly50
March 2nd, 2010, 15:30
:kilroy:Gaw, we will try to do that in the future. I have just personally made note of your request. In the meantime, go to Era 5, Quick Combat, France for Location, and then A-2 and/or A-21 (Frosty's ne ALG fields with psp (perforated steel planking)). If you look really hard, you just may see these little gems.

This is a 40 mm Bofors gun emplacement.

grizzly50
March 2nd, 2010, 15:33
:kilroy:Gaw, looks like I forgot the M-16 emplacement.

O-1Driver
March 2nd, 2010, 15:36
Gaw,

Thanks for the kind remarks I know the team appreciates them. There is simply so much in ETO that it will take some time to compile a record of everything that is in there. However there is a mission building tool that was put out a while back and is here on SOH that details many of the special weapons and effects. The ACC team would need to publish a similar list of their airfields.

You have already noticed that almost all of the CFS 3 buildings in the facilities have new and much improved damage effects when destroyed as do the tanks and armored vehicles. The tanks will explode multiple times as their ammo cooks off and they continue to burn.

The ETO aircraft in 1.3 have the new ball (armor piercing) ammunition along with our new incendiary rounds. They are correctly mixed on the aircraft now to be historically accurate.

You will notice a much improved effect when rounds strike another aircraft , ground or building. The old big yellow flashes are gone that appeared in CFS 3, PTO and MAW. Only the new ETO incendiary rounds have an impact flash and it is much smaller and more correct in color. The ball ammunition does not have any flash at all when it hits.
The incendiary rounds hit harder than the ball ammo now.

The ETO flak is much more survivable and includes an illumination effect which will light up your cockpit at night along with new explode effect and smoke.

There is a new 5" AA gun mounted on the A_Battleship, A_Cruiser and AA_Fletcher with a new explode effect and ragged long lasting flak smoke.

There are three new weather files in 1.3, two new Autumn skys and a new England_low_mist_France clear. The low mist weather has a really low ceiling and very light droplets of rain between 900 ft and 1400 ft at the base of the clouds. Below 900ft it disapates and above 1400 ft it stops. It is only in the vicinity of the clouds and is very light, evaporating before it reaches the ground.

We will try and put some more detail together because there is now so much in ETO.

Thanks and Best Regards

O-1

Frosty
March 2nd, 2010, 22:11
...you just may see these little gems...

Temporary little gems, I might add, because both the M16 and the 40mm emplacements are still under development. Nevertheless, try to spot them first before they see you!!

BeauBrummie
March 3rd, 2010, 00:02
The ETO flak is much more survivable and includes an illumination effect which will light up your cockpit at night along with new explode effect and smoke. O-1

Similarly ETO ships have had their killer flak turned down, have great tracer effects and sink in more real way. Try my Banff Wing missions in Era 5 (sorry for the shamelss plug:icon_lol:)

gaw
March 3rd, 2010, 04:03
Thanks for the pix.....looking forward to taking the tour.....probably would have missed these guns entirely if they hadn't been thrown in afterward....very nice!!!!