PDA

View Full Version : Record Braking Snow Fall Amount

OBIO
March 1st, 2010, 13:18
Was watching the news earlier today and the weather man was talking about snow fall amounts for various cities around northern Ohio. Mansfield, my home town, had 49.2 inches of snow during February...the most February snowfall EVER on record for this city. The old record for the most snow during the month of February was just a tad over 26 inches....and the average/normal snowfall in Mansfield during February is only 10 inches. We nearly doubled the old record and have nearly 5 times the normal amount of snow. Sure does look pretty outside!

OBIO

hey_moe
March 1st, 2010, 14:03
LMAO......And they are calling for more the next few days....I am snowed out and we ain't had squat compared to others...Mike

Dain Arns
March 1st, 2010, 14:42
Pretty close here to some records.
We're already being advised that our area is probably going to be experiencing flooding like Fargo went through last year.

Yippee... :kilroy:

Henry
March 1st, 2010, 16:12
we did have 1 day:icon_lol:
it snowed
H

harleyman
March 1st, 2010, 16:19
My Daughters both go to school in Boone , NC..

They have had more snow there this year than Alaska has...OOOOOO Now thats odd....

Reddog
March 1st, 2010, 16:22
Global warming you know.

EasyEd
March 1st, 2010, 17:45
Hey All,

Warmest January on record in much of the the PNW maybe warmest February as well. Global warming you know.

-Ed-

GT182
March 1st, 2010, 18:56
Global warming you know.

Yep, ask Al Gore. That's what he's callin it. :icon_lol:

AussieMan
March 1st, 2010, 19:10
And the scary thing is whe the Spring comes and things begin to warm and the snow melts you are going to suffer massive flooding. You just cannot win.

Where I live here in Australia there is very little flooding. There is the odd occasion that Farmers creek does flood a few houses on Hermitage Flat get a bit of water in them but that is very rare. Other areas of NSW and Queensland suffer a lot of flooding especially where the rivers meet with the tidal influence near the coast.

I have seen news reports in the past of when the Missisippi (hope I spelt that right) has flooded and it looked terrible.

Cheers
Pat

demorier
March 1st, 2010, 23:29
You should try up this way at the moment Pat....after an unusually dry and hot spring and summer we now have a big drought buster. Underneath that mid-eastern coastal area.

Snuffy
March 2nd, 2010, 03:08
No snow breaking records here in the first coast of FLA yet. :(

alain95
March 2nd, 2010, 03:43
Last year In France we had the warmest October ever seen before +/- 50 years, and then it started to snow and the temperatures get down until the second week of february. People started to tell that global warm up was a big joke and forget the incredible temperatures of October. Now winter seems to be behind us and last Saturday we had storms on our west coast, with 110 kmh winds, villages suffer from floodings many people were killed... A joke !