PDA

View Full Version : Ad-Aware/1.3 problem

tenspeed
March 1st, 2010, 05:48
Ad-Aware deleted the BDP and Backup icon from my desktop. I'm assuming it deleted the programs from the ETO folder too. Can the sim still function without these? I'm not familiar with Ad-Aware so I'm not sure if I can get it to not see the files as problems.

Thanks

loverboy1
March 1st, 2010, 06:18
i dont use adware cause of that i use

avira - free versions

and also

iorbit ,,,,,for bots and spyware ,,,,its doesnt take out the zapper will ask you then allow it

never had viruses with these combo

flashgordon
March 1st, 2010, 06:59
You should run the bdp zapper after any major update to remove current settings for a/c etc and allow new loadouts etc to apply.

BeauBrummie has these files on his website here: http://www.beauscfs3.leaveningonline.com/html/eto_files.html

You should be able to set your security program to permit these files otherwise it will delete them everytime you run a scan.

tenspeed
March 1st, 2010, 12:45
Thanks Flash for the link it sure saved me a lot of hassle not having to re-install the expansion. I haven't been able to figure out how to keep these files from getting deleted everytime so may switch to something that will do the job.

renereimann
March 1st, 2010, 15:33
Tenspeed,
After each Ad-Aware scan look at the possible actions you can take. Click on the down arrows on the right side for your choices. You can Ignore, Delete, Quarrantene, etc. for each possible malware. If an item is not a virus or malware, just Ignore it. See Ad-Aware's Help menu for additional info.

tenspeed
March 1st, 2010, 18:39
Newer version of Ad-Aware doesn't give me that option and I can't seem to figure out how to activate it.