PDA

View Full Version : FTX NA BLUE - USA Canada Pacific Northwest Officially Released

JayKae
February 28th, 2010, 16:35
I know there is another thread but this is the official retail release press release guys :)

Welcome to North America, and Orbx's most ambitious project to date. Over fourteen months in the making and led by veteran developers Holger Sandmann and Matt Tomkins, the FTX Pacific Northwest region is truly a stunning achievement which combines all the elements of the much celebrated FTX AU region series, but goes much further. With PNW, Orbx has amped the quality of the ground textures to the next level, and sourced them from pristine imagery to create beautifully crisp terrain even at ground level. There is over 2.5GB of fully seasonal and annotated photoreal for landmark mountain and wilderness areas above the tree line, glaciers, lava flows, as well as including photoreal Seattle CBD, the ports of Tacoma and Olympia, KPAE, Bonneville Dam and many other points of interest. Additionally Orbx has created brand new autogen textures, hand-crafted every square mile of landclass, added full moving traffic, 3D night lighting and much more! Finally, over 450 default airports in the region have been upgraded with custom buildings and objects, elevation corrections and other details. FTX Pacfic Northwest is available now as an instant download addon and soon on DVD from resellers worldwide.

For more information visit http://fullterrain.com

To purchase go to : http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=1218

spotlope
February 28th, 2010, 17:20
Yessss! That's the notice I've been waiting for.

Overshoe
February 28th, 2010, 19:42
Me too. About to install:wiggle:

Sky~6
February 28th, 2010, 20:40
Has completely transformed FSX for me....completely........:applause:

CrazyPants
February 28th, 2010, 21:34
I'm downloading right now, can't wait to go for a spin!

Timm
February 28th, 2010, 21:40
Has completely transformed FSX for me....completely........
Hi Guys,
Got mine downloaded during the early hours. Also got Real Environment Xtreme 2.0 the other day and this has just put the icing on the cake. Well done to all concerned. Timm

vora
March 1st, 2010, 03:18
I will wait a week or so. Don't want to crash the servers or a snail mail download ;)

It's definitely a must-have.

BOOM
March 1st, 2010, 03:25
PNW is.........THE BOMB!!!!!!!!:pop4:
[that's a good thing]:jump:
Cheers!!

dswo
March 1st, 2010, 03:38
Download took me about two hours last night.

Gizmo
March 1st, 2010, 06:48
Just purchased this morning and downloading now,thought id have to hang off for a week or so due to FSX throwing an installer wobbley the other day that left me looking at a full OS reinstall but ive managed to work around it

Tryed without a download manager and speed was very poor sub 200k and dropouts from all 3 links but after opening up a multi mulithread manager its jumping between 700-850k so on course for about 2 hours i guess

Laters
steve

DaveKDEN
March 1st, 2010, 06:59
Purchased, d/l, and installed in about 1-1/2 hours yesterday afternoon. Only problem was Winrar didn't want to unzip the large file (Winrar problem - not FTX). Downloaded Powerarchiver trial program (http://www.powerarchiver.com/) which did the trick.

Installation and initial set-up were a breeze, but did take a bit of time due to the file size and validation procedures (not too bad overall). Fortunately, I have a really good Comcast cable connection, which I think is key to large file sizes.

First flight lasted about 2 hours last night. I have to say this scenery is breathtaking!!! I grew up in Vancouver, WA (across from Portland, OR) and am intimately familiar with much of the area PNW blue covers. I started flying out of Evergreen airfield right after I graduated HS, and then moved over to historic Pearson (next to downtown Vancouver). I have to say this scenery really makes me really "feel" as if I'm back in the PNW. FTX's scenery design style is remarkable. IMO, much better than "static" photo-scenery - especially since many photo-sceneries don't have auto-gen. While the scenery isn't accurate in many ways, the overall look is phenominal. :jump: This is the product you need if you're looking for perhaps the best scenery available of the PNW.

Cheers,
Dave

spotlope
March 1st, 2010, 07:25
I used WinRAR to unarchive the files too, and I noticed that it tends to hang on the last 1% of each large file. Maybe it's a virus scan or some sort of integrity check, I'm not sure. It took maybe 30 or 40 minutes, but it did finally finish the job so I could install. These big files really stress the archiving tools.

dswo
March 1st, 2010, 07:52
After your money is processed, there's a download page with two options. I chose option #1, where you start out by downloading a little 2 mb program. Run it and it goes out and downloads all of the files and then unpacks them for you. Wish I could remember the name, but it's on the same page as the main download.

Gizmo
March 1st, 2010, 07:53
I used WinRAR to unarchive the files too, and I noticed that it tends to hang on the last 1% of each large file. Maybe it's a virus scan or some sort of integrity check, I'm not sure. It took maybe 30 or 40 minutes, but it did finally finish the job so I could install. These big files really stress the archiving tools.

Humm i just unpacked my downloaded zip file with 7zip and it only took about 2mins to unpack,strange that winrar took so long.......btw 7zip is freeware and you can get it at http://www.7-zip.org/ if you want to try it out

Laters
Steve

spotlope
March 1st, 2010, 08:07
Humm i just unpacked my downloaded zip file with 7zip and it only took about 2mins to unpack,strange that winrar took so long.......btw 7zip is freeware and you can get it at http://www.7-zip.org/ if you want to try it out

Laters
Steve

It could be my antivirus causing the delays. I had the same problem with WinZip.

robcap
March 1st, 2010, 11:03
7zip does the job fast and is free.

R.

Stan V.
March 1st, 2010, 12:27
If you order the PNW scenery PLUS one of the supplementary sceneries such as Stark's Twin Oaks, do you receive two separate downloads or just one, i.e., do they come bundled together as one package? I know they are priced separately. Or maybe, the Twin Oaks package has not yet been released???

Stan V

spotlope
March 1st, 2010, 12:38
Stan, they're two separate downloads. The PNW package is huge - over 4GB. Twin Oaks is, of course, significantly smaller at around 350MB. Install NA Blue first, then Twin Oaks and you'll be fine. I think we're shooting for sometime this week to release Twin Oaks and Darrington.

thanks,

MCDesigns
March 1st, 2010, 13:14
I think we're shooting for sometime this week to release Twin Oaks and Darrington.

thanks,

Awesome Bill, looking forward to checking out both, especially Twin Oaks!! :ernae:

Stan V.
March 1st, 2010, 13:27
Stan, they're two separate downloads. The PNW package is huge - over 4GB. Twin Oaks is, of course, significantly smaller at around 350MB. Install NA Blue first, then Twin Oaks and you'll be fine. I think we're shooting for sometime this week to release Twin Oaks and Darrington.

thanks,

Thank you, spotlope, you answered my question. Twin Oaks is not released yet. I ordered and paid for the two packages mentioned and both products showed up on my order invoice - but there was no download link for the Twin Oaks part. The PNW package arrived via download with no problem. All I have to do now is to keep checking the order site to see when a download link appears...

Stan V

thetford569
March 1st, 2010, 13:28
I'm not an expert screen shot artist but here is the flight I just finished in the T-45 from NAS Whidbey Island to Grant County Intl. I used the Plan-G flight planner to follow the VR1350 Route through the Cascades on a low level mission. FTX NA BLUE is great scenery and will be fun to explore!

Brandon

koorby
March 1st, 2010, 14:01
Thank you, spotlope, you answered my question. Twin Oaks is not released yet. I ordered and paid for the two packages mentioned and both products showed up on my order invoice - but there was no download link for the Twin Oaks part. The PNW package arrived via download with no problem. All I have to do now is to keep checking the order site to see when a download link appears...

Stan V

Hi Stan,

When 1S2 and 7S3 are ready for download, you'll automatically get an email sent to you from the Flightsimstore.com, so hang off "loitering" mate, we'll save you the trouble :)

With the new server setup we have in place now, we've not had a single failed download in 24 hours, or at least, no-one has complained about it yet - touch wood ;) We did spend a bunch more $$ and worked with our CDN ISP to ensure the retail launch was smooth, and thus far it is.

Thanks for the comments everyone, it's appreciated!

AusFlightSim
March 1st, 2010, 14:22
After your money is processed, there's a download page with two options. I chose option #1, where you start out by downloading a little 2 mb program. Run it and it goes out and downloads all of the files and then unpacks them for you. Wish I could remember the name, but it's on the same page as the main download.

We call it FSS2Go. Will download all the individual files that make up the installation package and then runs the wrapper.

koorby
March 1st, 2010, 19:57
Latest video goodness:

lrXsDDdWv2Y

spotlope
March 1st, 2010, 21:29
Why, I believe that vid might just be blogworthy. Thanks, John.

txnetcop
March 2nd, 2010, 02:19
Excellent video up above here. I already know I will get this software but must be patient for now. Hats off and big HIP HIP HOORAY to the whole team!
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Tylerb59
March 2nd, 2010, 02:42
Congrats on the release guys. :)

Screenshots around KAWO please? My proper video card died so I haven't been able to make use of FSX in a long while ... but once I get a new card sorted would like to pick this up.

BOOM
March 2nd, 2010, 13:44
Why, I believe that vid might just be blogworthy. Thanks, John.

Yes!!! very much worthy!!!! Danke!!! :applause:

cvearl
March 2nd, 2010, 16:09
Now all I need is an overclocked i7 and 6gb of RAM ;)

It is very nice though. Mid range PC's like mine struggle a bit. Intel 8400 C2D @ 3.0Ghz, 4GB PC2-6400 RAM, ATI 4870 w/ 512MB.

30 fps locked everywhere but get near Vancouver and it drops into the high teens and low 20's. A little stutter. But lowering autogen and scenery complexity help smoothen it out.

Charles.

wconkle
March 2nd, 2010, 19:52
I downloaded it late last night and took a flight around KPAE. It's pretty much phenomenal but I noticed that the Navy base and ships were pretty much ignored.
Kyle, I'll go take some screen caps at KAWO and see if I can figure out how to post them here.
I have a 9800GT lying around, message if interested.

Cazzie
March 3rd, 2010, 04:24
Took forever to download, went to sleep. Took forever to unpack and install, I went back to sleep. Took forever to load on FSX, first flight seemed to stop loading at 27%, went and fixed vitals for the animals, came back and it was stop at 69%, continued morning chores. Came back, hooray, loaded flight, flew, got immersed, lost track of time, what time is it now? Boys going to school two hours late, must not forget.

In short, like REX was, good things take time to develop and ensue. This is total flight sim immersion gents, as good as it gets! :medals:

Caz

dexthom
March 3rd, 2010, 07:10
Numerous stock fields have been enhanced. A few iterations ago, FSAddon published First Air and Harvey. Here's what Harvey, S43 looks like now.

warchild
March 3rd, 2010, 16:16
i downloaded and installed last night/this morning/sunrise. slept for six hours, got up grabbed the epic and turned on rex weather, and ****, its raining today.. ::sigh:; oh well,, had a fantastic flight up to portland from redmond ( krdm ) and loved the hell out of it.. now i'm beginning to think it may be worth it to break out the old fs9 zone2 portland scenery so i have complete accuracy.. just need to change the alpha channel on a few hundred textures ::shudder:: ..

great work FTX.. I live where you made it and was looking for something to bash.. couldnt find anything though.. major cudos to you and thanks for making my workday a whole lot nicer with beautiful scenery..

Pam

PS.. it may take me a wee bit longer to get those FDE's out now.. its all FTXs fault.. really.... :D

spotlope
March 3rd, 2010, 16:29
i downloaded and installed last night/this morning/sunrise. slept for six hours, got up grabbed the epic and turned on rex weather, and ****, its raining today.. ::sigh:; oh well,, had a fantastic flight up to portland from redmond ( krdm ) and loved the hell out of it.. now i'm beginning to think it may be worth it to break out the old fs9 zone2 portland scenery so i have complete accuracy.. just need to change the alpha channel on a few hundred textures ::shudder:: ..

great work FTX.. I live where you made it and was looking for something to bash.. couldnt find anything though.. major cudos to you and thanks for making my workday a whole lot nicer with beautiful scenery..

Pam

PS.. it may take me a wee bit longer to get those FDE's out now.. its all FTXs fault.. really.... :D

I'm tickled you're enjoying it, Pam. It's always doubly nice to please a fellow Oregonian. ;)

As for the FlightZone PDX scenery - I wish it were as simple as changing some textures. I'd have fixed it a long time ago if it was. No, sadly, you have to actually have access to the source files to change the trees, something none of us has. I know there have been a few semi-successful ports of it, but not being FSX-native means the performance is less than stellar. Sure would have been nice if Stephane had stuck around and done a native version, but I guess we'll have to do it ourselves.

wconkle
March 3rd, 2010, 19:35
I downloaded it late last night and took a flight around KPAE. It's pretty much phenomenal but I noticed that the Navy base and ships were pretty much ignored.
Kyle, I'll go take some screen caps at KAWO and see if I can figure out how to post them here.
I have a 9800GT lying around, message if interested.

Here is what I got; I don't think I am getting the right effect though? Perhaps a setting is wrong in my system. 11461147

wconkle
March 3rd, 2010, 20:28
Well, not sure what I did, but now I am definitely getting the effect. Note my framerates being punished badly however. More tweaking is required.

deimos256
March 5th, 2010, 14:16
I think I need to read the manual. Im getting some very unacceptable blurriness issues, as well as hardly any autogen. I switch to a non FTX area and no blurries at all.

arrowmaker
March 6th, 2010, 05:16
Looking through the manual I couldn't see if I am supposed to return to FSX default before adding any additional scenery addons, as is the case with FTX AU. Maybe I missed it. Anyone know if I can add scenery with FTX NA already enabled or not?

deimos256
March 6th, 2010, 05:45
I saw in the manual that its recommended to switch back to FSX default before installing other addons

arrowmaker
March 6th, 2010, 06:15
I saw in the manual that its recommended to switch back to FSX default before installing other addons

Thanks. I guess I did miss the info after all. :icon_lol:

2Low
March 6th, 2010, 08:41
This package is the pinnacle of FSX for large scenery areas. It is absolutely stunning. I purchased it and Twin Oaks and my first session lasted 4 hours that went by in one!

TrackIR + PNW + FR Super Cub + REX = as close to being there as you get without a pilot lisence.

Bill and the rest at ORBX,

Thank you so much:applause:

Major_Spittle
March 6th, 2010, 09:13
Will this be release in stores on a DVD. Like @ Fry's Electronics perhaps? If so does it come with the Airports that are being released?

spotlope
March 6th, 2010, 09:54
Will this be release in stores on a DVD. Like @ Fry's Electronics perhaps? If so does it come with the Airports that are being released?

It's available on DVD right now as pre-pay from the Flightsim Store. I think they're planning on shipping the DVDs at the end of this month or thereabouts. I don't know if there's any sort of deal with retailers in the works, but I doubt it'll happen soon even if there is. The problem with selling at a place like Fry's is that they take a big chunk of the profits for themselves. Couple that with the take from a third-party distributor who gets it to them in the first place, and there's almost nothing left for the product's creators. Needless to say, it's not a very attractive option for us.

However, if it's just a disc you're looking for, here's the link: http://www.flightsimstore.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=92 - the DVD versions are three items down on the page.

Major_Spittle
March 6th, 2010, 10:43
Thanks for the reply. But I have a couple other questions.

Does the Twin Oak Starks and Dun??? airports come as part of the pacific northwest scenery???

If I get the download without the DVD can I just make my own DVD and install it forever with whatever key code I get or does this have some odd copy protect that makes me unable to install without contacting ORB everytime???

spotlope
March 6th, 2010, 10:59
Thanks for the reply. But I have a couple other questions.

Does the Twin Oak Starks and Dun??? airports come as part of the pacific northwest scenery???

If I get the download without the DVD can I just make my own DVD and install it forever with whatever key code I get or does this have some odd copy protect that makes me unable to install without contacting ORB everytime???

No, Twin Oaks and Darrington are separate projects, just the way they did it with the add-on airports for FTX Australia. I think it's okay to do a DVD of the PNW scenery, but I'm not clear on whether there would be any issues with reinstallation. Your best bet is to ask on the FTX support forum at http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?board=14.0

Bill

Cazzie
March 6th, 2010, 12:42
No, Twin Oaks and Darrington are separate projects, just the way they did it with the add-on airports for FTX Australia. I think it's okay to do a DVD of the PNW scenery, but I'm not clear on whether there would be any issues with reinstallation. Your best bet is to ask on the FTX support forum at http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?board=14.0

Bill

Bill,

I back up all the installstion file for FTX PNW and REX to an external HD and then to a DVD also. But to reinstall from a DVD, I think it best if one either copied from the DVD to one;s HD or an external HD for the fastest reinstallation.

I'll be getting both add-on airports, but the FTX ONW has over budgeted my March check, I'll have to wait until my Chinese uncle comes again next month.

Caz

Nick C
March 6th, 2010, 15:53
A two minute flight from Ranger Creek provides one with breath taking views!

(Does that sound like a crossword clue?)

Roger
March 6th, 2010, 16:57
I'm going to get the lot...soon I think. Bill's airfields look fantastic and the FTX colours and landclass look excellent (wish you guys would do the UK!).
I am a little concerned about the frame rate hit with PNW though and I'm reading reports on several forums before I finally take the plunge.

Cazzie
March 6th, 2010, 17:29
I have done nothing but fly in PNW since I purchased it and installed it! My brother came out today and he was lost for two hours! It is just total immersion. I just took a late afternoon (PST) flight in Craig Richardson's just released Classic Wings Eastborne Monoplane (thanks Roger) from Strom to Moss Field. Better know your bearings with the Eastbourne, there's no compass. :icon_lol:

It will draw you in so help me, Orbx, I want the mid-Atlantic states done! :medals::guinness:

Caz

deimos256
March 6th, 2010, 18:01
Roger be careful, the country areas work great but the cities are a joke. I get the blurriest textures available and when I voiced my concerns in their forum I was basically told their product is so wonderful that I have no room to complain and just stay away from the cities. When concerns are met with arrogance I'm immediately turned off. I happen to have an older system but it runs gex maxed out with no blurries, also I'm using their settings that were suggested or my rig AND BELOW. If it's so system intensive then they should note that. On their product page they make no claims of this and I couldn't find system requirements listed. I believe I wasted 50 bucks with no hope of a refund.

dswo
March 6th, 2010, 19:11
Like:

- Same things I liked in the Australia region packs: richly colored textures with custom autogen, street lighting
- Even better roads, shorelines
- Scores of custom airports (these are a major feature, similar to the freeware OZx that doesn't exist for this region)

Disappointments:

- Urban framerates are lower than I expected for an FTX product
- Seems more prone to texture blurring even on a quad core

Mithrin
March 6th, 2010, 23:34
I don't think they claim that all of a sudden there will be FS9 like performance. It probably handles roughly the same as default FSX, with a really nice FPS boost over fields/forested areas. Urban areas take a hit on my system, just as with FSX default or UT.

JayKae
March 7th, 2010, 00:53
If you have any issues I am sure we can help you out over at the Orbx forums :)

arrowmaker
March 7th, 2010, 01:42
One of the first things I ended up doing, after installation, is create a shortcut on my desktop to the Google Earth coverage map. I can't seem to stop comparing the scenery with the map. PNW is so well detailed it's hard not to.

There's two things I'm now really looking forward to; Emma Field X and the inevitable slew of, PNW compatible, freeware airports (hopefully to the same quality as those from Ozx). Then, I'll be able to recreate one of my favourite short hops from FS9, namely Emma Field to Orcas with a short stop at Diamond Point.

Cazzie
March 7th, 2010, 02:02
Like any product purchased, virtual or hardware, one either likes it or dislikes it, that is human nature. I think a lot of folks anticipate great wonders and are let down by the fact that it still looks like a sim. Well, compare it to FS2004. A lot of folks are let down by the performance, us grade then please.

The key to a good FSX flight is to (1) plan the flight before hand, (2) defrag, shut down and restart. Open FSX, choose flight, aircraft, weather, time, season, etc. Then fly, like you would in the real world, don't pause, slew, switch views too often, just use the VC and fly. The only time my frame rate went below 30 last night was landing at Moss Field right at sunset. I find the clarity amazing, the auto-gen matching stunningly, the little bumps and rolls of the terrain that one does not normally see pop out, rivers have banks, fields look like fields, rocks look like rocks! In short gentlemen, sometimes one purchases a Trumpeter Chinese wannabe, but in the case of Orbx's FTX-PNW, you're getting a top-of-the-line Tamiya!

Caz

2Low
March 7th, 2010, 03:57
deimos256, with any scenery I find locking my frame rate to 20-24 (depends on scenery) helps tremendously with the blurries. Flight is still smooth and the textures load much better. I know they recommend unlimited in the manual but that is just inviting blurries on an older rig.

If you've already tried this I don't know what else to recommend other then try their forum again.

Hope you get satisfactory results.

deimos256
March 7th, 2010, 04:38
I have tried locking the frames at different values, leaving them unlocked, using an external limiter and still get blurry textures in urban areas. Yes I did voice this over at the orbx forums and I was told to just avoid them. That doesn't work for me as I have been doing a lot of airline flying and I tend to wind up in them areas. Diabling FTX from their control panel left all the taxiways and runways at Portland 10 feet below the ground!

spotlope
March 7th, 2010, 07:38
Roger be careful, the country areas work great but the cities are a joke. I get the blurriest textures available and when I voiced my concerns in their forum I was basically told their product is so wonderful that I have no room to complain and just stay away from the cities. When concerns are met with arrogance I'm immediately turned off. I happen to have an older system but it runs gex maxed out with no blurries, also I'm using their settings that were suggested or my rig AND BELOW. If it's so system intensive then they should note that. On their product page they make no claims of this and I couldn't find system requirements listed. I believe I wasted 50 bucks with no hope of a refund.

Are you the user who goes by ve2dgz on the Orbx forums, by any chance?

deimos256
March 7th, 2010, 08:53
No I go by the same name over there. After reading the support forums im not the only person who is having this problem, I just read a thread by someone who is using the same settings as me with SUPERIOR equipment and he is getting the same results, and I'm sorry, but instead of wondering if there is something wrong with their product, the staff just says tough, nice knowing ya. That is what I would call terrible customer service, I'm now in the process of figuring out how to get it off my system.

spotlope
March 7th, 2010, 09:06
Ah yes, I see your postings now about the blurries problem. I can totally understand getting frustrated when you can't get a product to run the way you'd like. During the testing phase of PNW, I had a rig that was very similar to yours, only my CPU was a C2D E6750 overclocked to 3.2GHz. I had some issues with frame rates over Portland early on, but with the later builds, the problem was largely resolved. Having said that, every system is different, and some struggle for reasons none of us can quite grasp.

In looking at your posts, I didn't see any evidence of you being treated arrogantly, though. John Venema tried to help you with settings to test, as did some other users who aren't on staff. I'm sorry it didn't work out, but the transaction seemed professional and courteous to me. Maybe there was something offline that I missed.

deimos256
March 7th, 2010, 09:13
there was another thread where someone was complaining of blurries and this gentleman wrote about steps to correct framerates and when the OP explained that frames were fine it was just blurries, the gentleman said something like Oh, well im sorry to hear that bye. I realize all systems are different but given the amount of blurriness issues i see, the issue should be looked into. The only thing im mad about has nothing to do with orbx, and thats the flightsim store not giving refunds.

Hendo
March 7th, 2010, 10:10
Bought it and the two available airfields.... Gobsmacked!
I love it!!:applause:

koorby
March 7th, 2010, 11:56
there was another thread where someone was complaining of blurries and this gentleman wrote about steps to correct framerates and when the OP explained that frames were fine it was just blurries, the gentleman said something like Oh, well im sorry to hear that bye. I realize all systems are different but given the amount of blurriness issues i see, the issue should be looked into. The only thing im mad about has nothing to do with orbx, and thats the flightsim store not giving refunds.

I am sorry to hear about the urban/city performance issues you're having. Please continue to work with us at the Orbx forums and we'll do our best to help out.

I say 'do our best', because in some cases we can't find a cure for certain people's issues, mainly due to how different each PC is setup and performs. Diagnosis via forums does not always yeild perfect results, we'll admit that.

But at no time would any Orbx staff say 'don't visit the cities then' - we would not release a product that was unusable in cities, although as the user guide suggests it could be marginal on lower end PC's.

As for the other chap who had blurring issues, he twice told us he was uninstalling and after doing what we could I believe I politely wished him the best of luck and closed the topic since he was determined not to use PNW.

Tylerb59
March 9th, 2010, 17:01
Here is what I got; I don't think I am getting the right effect though? Perhaps a setting is wrong in my system. 11461147

Sweet! Thank you!

deimos256
March 9th, 2010, 17:58
I have no problem dealing with the fact that I have a lower end system, It is after all 3 years old, I dont expect miracles but if this piece of software is so system intensive, then where are some recommended system specs? I searched both Flightsim store AND orbx and could find nothing even close to that. Even diggin through the readme pdf offered on the orbx site the closest thing I could find are settings for a 2.5 ghz system. I feel that since there were no system specs listed it would be assumed that as long as you can run FSX you could run this, and I made a purchase based on that. Orbx truly has made a great product but its a product that will not run effectively on my system and now Im $50 in the hole and feel a little deceived, I have never had an issue with any other addon that I have purchased so as big as the hype is, its a huge buzzkill for me.

koorby
March 9th, 2010, 20:54
I have no problem dealing with the fact that I have a lower end system, It is after all 3 years old, I dont expect miracles but if this piece of software is so system intensive, then where are some recommended system specs? I searched both Flightsim store AND orbx and could find nothing even close to that. Even diggin through the readme pdf offered on the orbx site the closest thing I could find are settings for a 2.5 ghz system. I feel that since there were no system specs listed it would be assumed that as long as you can run FSX you could run this, and I made a purchase based on that. Orbx truly has made a great product but its a product that will not run effectively on my system and now Im $50 in the hole and feel a little deceived, I have never had an issue with any other addon that I have purchased so as big as the hype is, its a huge buzzkill for me.

Please log a support post on our forums; that's what they are there for, to assist you with issues such as performance. There are many customers with lesser systems than yours who are getting satisfactory performance. Give our support staff a chance to investigate and work with you until you get a satisfactory outcome ok? SOH is not the place where we assist you, so you'll perhaps get frustated venting your spleen here in public, sorry.

MM
March 10th, 2010, 04:42
<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CMICHAE%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CMICHAE%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CMICHAE%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-priority:99; color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:purple; mso-themecolor:followedhyperlink; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";} </style> <![endif]--> Hi Deimos,
<o:p> </o:p>
Sorry that you are finding FTX PNW a really difficult challenge. It is very frustrating to get a wonderful piece of software and then find that your machine won't run it well. (We have all had that sad experience.)
Not sure that you will be able to fully utilize PNW with your "classic" machine. However, there are things that you can do to increase your machine's ability to cope.
Holger Sandman has found something pretty interesting with respect to how one manages autogen objects. You might look at this thread: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=19366.0
And then you might examine closely the two threads that Holger references here:

also, this sticky post - http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=19082.0 - and this discussion at Avsim - http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=278665 - might be helpful.

Cheers, Holger <o:p> </o:p>
It appears that we now know that we have both more and less ability to manage autogen than we previously thought.
The individuals at ORBX are terrific and keen to help. Having watched them in action for several years, I'm convinced that they are here for the long run and want everyone to enjoy their efforts. They might not be able to work magic, but they'll try.
Hope this helps,
Mike

Cazzie
March 16th, 2010, 06:28
Unless I am install upgrades to GEX or UTX, FTX-PNW stays checked on my system. I find I get equal or better frames rates (I use normal auto-gen and set the traffic to Holgar's recommendations) than with the default scenery, which BTW is bland compared to PNW. PNW is a dream state, especially if you take a cross-country soaring journey down the Colombia Gorge. I like to oput on some nice music and just dream, it is as real as one can get it.

I can only wish FTX further investigates doing other scenic sections of the US. I love Orbx's Tasmania Blue too. I have to set aside some of my finds for further developments from them.

Caz

Stan V.
March 17th, 2010, 14:36
I am sorry to hear about the urban/city performance issues you're having. Please continue to work with us at the Orbx forums and we'll do our best to help out.

I say 'do our best', because in some cases we can't find a cure for certain people's issues, mainly due to how different each PC is setup and performs. Diagnosis via forums does not always yeild perfect results, we'll admit that.

But at no time would any Orbx staff say 'don't visit the cities then' - we would not release a product that was unusable in cities, although as the user guide suggests it could be marginal on lower end PC's.

As for the other chap who had blurring issues, he twice told us he was uninstalling and after doing what we could I believe I politely wished him the best of luck and closed the topic since he was determined not to use PNW.

koorby,

I too have a PNW performance related problem (out-of-memory FSX failures) that I would like to work with Orbx people in their official support forum. I am sure it is not a unique problem to me and I am equally sure it is most likely an FSX setting issue. Having said this, I am not sure of how or rather exactly where to receive help from Orbx. I am registered in the Orbx support forum and have gone there but the general discussion category on the site seems to contain mostly people saying how wonderful the product is (it truely is) or describing future enhancements to come - very few problems per se. I did a search of the forum but got no hits which was probably the result of my inexperience in asking the question but not very satisfactory in terms of coming up with a solution. Is there a specific forum category that I should browse (and post in) on the Orbx support forum?

Stan V.

MM
March 17th, 2010, 14:57
You might try the "FTX Payware Support Forum"
http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?board=14.0

Wish you the best with this.

merida72
March 21st, 2010, 01:17
some of you kind gentlemen could indicate whether there are air force bases for the area NA Blue?

thanks in advance

CG_1976
March 21st, 2010, 01:20
some of you kind gentlemen could indicate whether there are air force bases for the area NA Blue?

thanks in advance

Sure CYQQ Comox CFB home of the 442Sq.

merida72
March 21st, 2010, 04:57
Sure CYQQ Comox CFB home of the 442Sq.

grazie grazie e grazie

thanks thanks and thanks:jump:

dharris
March 21st, 2010, 05:23
If links to offsite pages is placed, it would be nice if you could read them without having to join the forum. After three attemps at different combos of passwords, I figured it wasn't worth my time. It would be helpful if forums that require passwords would say you need a certain number of digits both caps and small and numerals at the start.

<LINK rel=File-List href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CMICHAE%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><LINK rel=themeData href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CMICHAE%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><LINK rel=colorSchemeMapping href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CMICHAE%7E1%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><STYLE> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-priority:99; color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:purple; mso-themecolor:followedhyperlink; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </STYLE> Hi Deimos,
<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>
Sorry that you are finding FTX PNW a really difficult challenge. It is very frustrating to get a wonderful piece of software and then find that your machine won't run it well. (We have all had that sad experience.)
<o:p></o:p>
Not sure that you will be able to fully utilize PNW with your "classic" machine. However, there are things that you can do to increase your machine's ability to cope.
Holger Sandman has found something pretty interesting with respect to how one manages autogen objects. You might look at this thread: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=19366.0
And then you might examine closely the two threads that Holger references here:
It appears that we now know that we have both more and less ability to manage autogen than we previously thought.
The individuals at ORBX are terrific and keen to help. Having watched them in action for several years, I'm convinced that they are here for the long run and want everyone to enjoy their efforts. They might not be able to work magic, but they'll try.
Hope this helps,
Mike

Holger Sandmann
March 21st, 2010, 09:05
Hello dharris,

I'm not sure what the issue with your password might be; if you've already chosen one you can have it sent to your email address and then copy & paste.

As for the autogen "tweaks" thread there is a parallel discussion at Avsim: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=279576

Cheers, Holger

JayKae
March 21st, 2010, 13:29
.... It would be helpful if forums that require passwords would say you need a certain number of digits both caps and small and numerals at the start....

It actually does :) See attached screenshot...

JayKae
March 22nd, 2010, 12:38
I should have said that that actually happens when you hover over the little yellow triangle ;)

Reddog
March 24th, 2010, 10:01
Hi all, a few questions I have.
1. I have the demo installed and going to buy the the full package, do I need to delete the the demo before installing the full package?
2. Is the package purchased be for downloading it or is the purchase part of the install.
3. If oping for the DVD version how long will it take to get it, I live in eastren Pa. USA

Holger Sandmann
March 24th, 2010, 10:47
Hello Reddog,

1. Yes, you need to uninstall the demo first; see http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=20003.0 . In a few days we'll also upload a small batch file that will do the job automatically.

2. Not sure I understand this one correctly: you can choose between download only, download with simple DVD backup sent by mail, or "limited edition" DVD. The DVD only version costs a bit more but has the advantage that it doesn't require online activation. See http://fullterrain.com/product_nablue.html

3. You can purchase the DVD version at PC Aviator USA; according to their website their shipping costs start at US$2.95 and take 1 to 8 business days, depending on your choice of delivery. See http://www.pcaviator.com/shop/viewAProduct.php?pid=1156

Cheers, Holger

tigisfat
March 24th, 2010, 12:51
hey guys, where does the demo cover? I understand it's only a limited area and I want to load up an airport that's in it so I know. Can you point me in the right direction?

MCDesigns
March 24th, 2010, 13:15
hey guys, where does the demo cover? I understand it's only a limited area and I want to load up an airport that's in it so I know. Can you point me in the right direction?

its the Olympic peninsula, basically west of Seattle (not including Seattle) over to the ocean. Try Port Angeles and head into the mountains.

Here ya go, from the demo thread a few down

The demo area covers over 7,000 square miles of the Olympic Peninsula during spring season and includes all the FTX features from the full version, including upgraded default airports, roads, rivers, coastlines, 3D night lighting, photoreal mountain peaks, custom autogen, the FTX Central tool and much more.

Reddog
March 24th, 2010, 13:36
About ready to purchase the full program, on your site i see nothing saying that must have SP2 or Acc installed to use it, I only have SP1 installed and have the demo installed and that seems to run okay with no problems sobefore spending the money will the full package run with just SP1 installed? PC Aviator says must have SP2 or Acc indtalled?

Dexdoggy
March 24th, 2010, 14:03
About ready to purchase the full program, on your site i see nothing saying that must have SP2 or Acc installed to use it, I only have SP1 installed and have the demo installed and that seems to run okay with no problems sobefore spending the money will the full package run with just SP1 installed? PC Aviator says must have SP2 or Acc indtalled?

Reddog let me check - if my memory serves me correctly I think you do need SP3 or Acceleration - I'm sure it will say on the site somewhere...

tigisfat
March 24th, 2010, 14:09
Reddog let me check - if my memory serves me correctly I think you do need SP3 or Acceleration - I'm sure it will say on the site somewhere...

And why you might ask? because they mostly placed a bunch of acceleration default objects.

koorby
March 24th, 2010, 15:27
You must mean SP1/SP2? - there's no Microsoft SP3 release.

We avoid the use of SP2/Acceleration placed objects in our products where possible, but in some instances you may find missing animated people at places like airports etc. That is a minor issue to contend with really :)

However, SP2/Accel did introduce some autogen batching efficiencies, so back in 2008 we did recommend everyone to upgrade to SP2/Accel if at all possible, since you'll get better performance in autogen-dense areas like cities and forest.

But if you cannot move to SP2 for some reason, it should be fine. Your mileage may vary, since the entire Orbx development team uses and tests on SP2/Accel only.

Reddog
March 24th, 2010, 16:04
Thanks Koorby that's good enough for me, will be ordering it tomorrow.

limjack
March 29th, 2010, 08:27
I have now owned PNW for two weeks. My computer specs ( Quad core cpu, Q6600@2.4 (Q6600@2.4) ghz with 6 gb ram, 64 bit and the 8800 gtx card). I did take a FPS hit of course in the city by about 8 FPS. So when flying the tube liners into the main airport will have to turn off PNW but that will be the only time I turn this amazing scenery package off. So, low and slow I go. I just can’t seem to get enough of flying in the Cascade Mountains up and down the canyons I feel like I am really there. So far I have explored Oregon and some of Washington with Vancouver and it’s Mountain range still to explore. What is funny since I live here I feel like I am really there in flight sim and had a vacation visiting my favorite places in the NW. Time to fly…….hmmmm……today I will check out the Mt. Baker area. Stormy day in the NW so should be an exciting trip.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Jim<o:p></o:p>

Roger
March 29th, 2010, 09:45
How does this FSS2GO thing work? Every time I try it I get an error message.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/grab_013.jpg

JayKae
March 29th, 2010, 14:07
Roger we are working on it, in the mean time, use one of the other links provided when you click on the main download link in the information provided in your account

jdhaenens
March 29th, 2010, 20:36
Did I miss the patch that will remove the altitude problems when in "Default North America" mode? I've been on vacation and working on other stuff for a couple of weeks.

I didn't see it on the FTX site.

JayKae
March 29th, 2010, 22:02
Issue has now been resolved and no JD you haven't missed the PNW patch

spotlope
March 29th, 2010, 22:20
Did I miss the patch that will remove the altitude problems when in "Default North America" mode? I've been on vacation and working on other stuff for a couple of weeks.

I didn't see it on the FTX site.

The patch is still in testing.

jdhaenens
March 30th, 2010, 03:48
Thanks for the info.

Reddog
March 30th, 2010, 15:19
My DVD is on the way, looking at the coverage map in the demo docs. I see the full vesion includes Hope BC(CYHE) does it also put the river back in that flows by Hope that MS left out od the sim?

Holger Sandmann
March 30th, 2010, 17:37
Hello Reddog,

that would be the mighty Fraser River and, yes, it's included in PNW up to about 25 miles upriver of Hope where the PNW coverage area ends.

Cheers, Holger

Reddog
March 31st, 2010, 16:42
Got it installed and think I have a problem with one maybe two airpots up in BC.
CAR3 Lillooet the sim map says the airport elevation is 1342 ft. parked on the ramp in a plane the red letters across the top say elevation is 1345.4 ft and going to the outside view the ramp,taxiway and runway are all above ground level.
Can some else check this out please. I have the DVD version but it shouldn't be any different than the downloadable one.
Second airport is CBT6 Quilchena, I 'm not sure this is in PNW but if it is the runway is not on the airport grounds it's off to one side in the woods.

MCDesigns
March 31st, 2010, 17:14
Reddog, Lilloet isn't in the PNW area, it is just outside. Niether is CBT6 Quilchena.

Holger Sandmann
April 1st, 2010, 07:48
Hi guys,

it's also been posted separately but just wanted to mention here too that the first patch for PNW has been released: http://fullterrain.com/support.html#pnw

Reddog, the elevation discrepancy between the airport map and the information on the screen is due to the fact that the latter is always given for the elevation of the aircraft's center of gravity. Obviously, that value is different for each aircraft but you can find it by searching for the "static_cg_height" parameter in the corresponding aircraft.cfg file.

I just checked CAR3 Lillooet with only FTX PNW active and you're correct that there is an elevation issue. Looks like we left an elevation adjustment file in \Scenery\World\scenery that shouldn't be there. We'll fix that in the next patch but in the meantime you can move it out of that folder and that should take care of it; file name is "ADE_FTX_PNW_CAR3_elevation_adjustment_VanPlus.BGL".

Similarly, there's a CBT6 Quilchena file in the PNW folders that shouldn't be there. In this case it's "ADE_FTX_PNW_CBT6_Quilchena.bgl" in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery that should be removed. Thanks for the heads-up!

Cheers, Holger

Reddog
April 1st, 2010, 08:54
Thanks Holger found those and took them out so hope that cures the problem, but now have another.
Got the patch and installed it after setting back to the default FSX in the FTX Central, now when I try to reloadPNW I get this message.

Could not complete operationsincefilealready exists in this path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X Scenery\World\Scenery\ADE_FTX_PNW_00WA_elevation_a djustment.BGL

NWarty
April 1st, 2010, 09:53
Got the Capitol Building back in Olympia :jump:

Holger Sandmann
April 1st, 2010, 13:17
Hello Reddog,

looks like you have some duplicate files from the demo that are stuck in a different mode.

To get rid of the error message please sort \Scenery\World\scenery by name and check for duplicate files that start with ADE_FTX_PNW_ and have both .OFF and .bgl extensions. Assuming that North America is active in FTX Central delete the duplicates that have the .OFF extensions. There should be 16 duplicates.

Cheers, Holger

Reddog
April 1st, 2010, 13:29
Thank you sir, will do that and yes saw those.OFF files. What I did is uninstalled PNW and just now reinstalled it so will look for those files, also those2 files about CAR3 and CBT6 did the trick they are back to normalo.

Reddog
April 1st, 2010, 13:50
After reinstalling PNW and before putting in the patch went looking for and found those 16.OFF files and deleterd them. then put in the patch and PNW is now up and working as it should. Thanks.

Reddog
April 6th, 2010, 10:50
And now another problem. Flying in and around Seattle I've been getting the "your computer has run out of memory please select diiferent graphics settind,etc and restart flt. sim" after clicking ok then I get something along the lines of Some type of memory ould not be read.
So decided to today to bring up FTX Central to put the default fsx back in and no FTX central will come up. shows up in the task bar but nothing comes up on the screen. What do I do now????

tigisfat
April 6th, 2010, 14:27
hmm.

With the demo I experience reasonable frame rates, but eventually everything gets very blurry and my sim freezes right after the sky turns to interesting geometric shapes.

Reddog
April 6th, 2010, 14:40
Have had some blurryness but no freeze ups.
Now to the thread I previously posted. got the FTXCentral thing sorted out so that's ok. I had saved myflt while in PNW so came out of the sim changed to the default FSX and then fired up the sim and comtinued the flt for a few minutes and then shut the sim down, no error message. changed over to the PNW textures fired up the sim and continued the flt for afew minutes thenshut the sim down up comes the error messge and it is this,
Across the top of the box it says FSX.exe Application error and in the box it says this,
The instruction at "0x20c0157d" referenced memory at "0x071e8928". The memory could not be read.
Click OK to terminate the program.
This is what i've been getting on shutting down the sim except that those Numbers and letters are always different because of where I am at in the sim when I shut it down.

Reddog
April 6th, 2010, 16:21
More to the thread above.
Flew somemore in PNW and now far away fron the spot that I posted that error message. shut down the sim and got the same error message except that the second set of numbers and letters are different.the 1st set of numbers and letters remained the same.
Anybody have any ideas/ Or having the same problem?

limjack
April 7th, 2010, 07:14
Hello Reddog,

looks like you have some duplicate files from the demo that are stuck in a different mode.

To get rid of the error message please sort \Scenery\World\scenery by name and check for duplicate files that start with ADE_FTX_PNW_ and have both .OFF and .bgl extensions. Assuming that North America is active in FTX Central delete the duplicates that have the .OFF extensions. There should be 16 duplicates.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Reddog for posting this as well as Holger for the fix. I got the same error message after loading up the patch. Now I am up and running again with PNW.

Jim

Reddog
April 7th, 2010, 10:01
And more problems!! Uninstalled PNW and reinstalled it from the DVd, fired up thesim, I had saved my flt from yesterday so brought it up then shut down the sim, no error message. Good. Fired the sim backup and fly around a little then shut the sim down,no error message. good. redown loaded the patch and put it inand can't get it to work getting the same thing with the .OFF files I got back before. Holger said they were left over from the demo,16 of them and to just delete them which I did and all was fine. going into the scenery/World/Scenery folder they are back but not just 16 of them a whole lote more thanthat in fact all thats inthere forPNW are .off files and elevation_adjustment. BGL files.
After paying 65.00 dollars for this I should be having all these problems, I think??

Ferry_vO
April 7th, 2010, 10:43
Great stuff! :jump:

I'm not someone who spends a lot on scenery (This is actually only my third payware scenery) but this is a must have! :ernae:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/pnw1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/pnw2.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/pnw4.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/pnw3.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/pnw5.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/pnw6.jpg

tigisfat
April 7th, 2010, 10:46
Where is that last pic of yours? I remember that from when I was a child, but I can't recall where it is.

spotlope
April 7th, 2010, 10:48
Reddog,

No, you should't be having all these problems. What we know from our support forums, however, is that there's something else at work here besides just FTX. If this were a problem with the PNW software exclusively, we'd have heard a bunch of complaints about it. We haven't, which means it's something particular to your system.

Still, I think the Orbx support guys would be happy to keep working with you until this is sorted out. It doesn't do us any good to have dissatisfied customers! You'll have much better luck with support on the dedicated support forums, however. Come on over and request help, and somebody will get you sorted out: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?board=14.0

Reddog
April 7th, 2010, 10:50
And more problems!! Uninstalled PNW and reinstalled it from the DVd, fired up thesim, I had saved my flt from yesterday so brought it up then shut down the sim, no error message. Good. Fired the sim backup and fly around a little then shut the sim down,no error message. good. redown loaded the patch and put it inand can't get it to work getting the same thing with the .OFF files I got back before. Holger said they were left over from the demo,16 of them and to just delete them which I did and all was fine. going into the scenery/World/Scenery folder they are back but not just 16 of them a whole lote more thanthat in fact all thats inthere forPNW are .off files and elevation_adjustment. BGL files.
After paying 65.00 dollars for this I should be having all these problems, I think??

OK, think everything is now ok. Went in to the Scenery/World/Scenery folder and deleted all the .OFF files, 56 of them. That let me bring up FTX Central made sure PNW was activated got in the sim flew and shut itdownwithno error message so hope all of the problems have been sorted out.

spotlope
April 7th, 2010, 10:50
Where is that last pic of yours? I remember that from when I was a child, but I can't recall where it is.

That's Bonneville Dam, a few miles east of Portland-Troutdale airport (KTTD) in the Columbia River Gorge.

OleBoy
April 7th, 2010, 12:17
I was going to say the same. I've fished many a sturgeon up and down the Columbia. The drive up the gorge is a beautiful trip

Reddog
April 7th, 2010, 15:47
Ok just flew a long while in PNW and no problems and no error message on shut down, i want to think all is right now.:jump:

Javis
April 21st, 2010, 12:28
Latest video goodness:

lrXsDDdWv2Y

Could somebody please give an airport name to start from and direction to the mountain ranges as seen here in the beginning of the video ? ( 0.50 to 1.15 )

Any hint to where i might find sort of a guide to the most stunning routes to fly in PWN ?

( somehow my FTXCentral stopped working... )

Thanks very kindly on forehand !

cheers,
Jan

Holger Sandmann
April 21st, 2010, 14:18
Hello Jan,

let's see: from 0:50 to 1:02 you're looking at Mt. Baker, which can be reached by taking off from Concrete 3W5 and heading north or Bellingham KBLI and heading east.

From 1:03 to 1:07 you're seeing the east face of Mt. Adams, which is easiest to reach from 66WA Trout Lake heading north.

And from 1:07 on it's Mt. Saint Helens, which is about 30 miles due west from Mt. Adams and also can be reached by taking off from Kelso KKLS and heading east.

Note that currently the photoreal peaks in the PNW scenery still show their winter textures; most of them will switch to summer textures on May 1.

The ORBX forums have a Flight Plans subsection - http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?board=70.0 - that provide lots of useful tips and discussions.

If you cannot resolve the issue with FTXCentral please post about it in our payware support forum: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?board=14.0

Cheers, Holger

Javis
April 21st, 2010, 17:42
Wow! Thank you so much, Holger ! Exactly what i wanted to know. :applause:
Cheers, :ernae:
Jan

Javis
April 22nd, 2010, 18:19
Thanks again for the tips and links, Holger, and let me take this opportunity to thank you and the PNW team for this truly amazing scenery !

I followed your flying tips and it has been a breathtaking experience !
:jawdrop:

I very well expected that so i took a couple extra O2 bottles. :)

http://fssupport.com/maam/baker.jpg

THANK YOU !! :ernae:

Cheers,
Jan

warchild
April 22nd, 2010, 20:06
Actually, theres snow on the mountains till mid june - early july, but hey, dont sweat the small stuff..
Jan:: that image is breathtaking, and your video almost made me cry.. please keep up the great work..

Javis
April 23rd, 2010, 05:03
I haste to say this is NOT *my* video, Pam.. I just placed it there again for reference to my question. ( original in the second post of this thread)

Although there are no credits it is obviously made by John Venema, the Akira Kurosawa of FTX movies...

I'm already glad you liked my screenie.. :)

Btw, what exactly is the cat in your avatar ?.... Lynx maybe ? ...

Cheers,
Jan

Skittles
April 23rd, 2010, 11:54
Instead of having to register on the Orbx forums I thought I'd just ask a question here.

I've just installed and tried the demo version, and I'm afraid I'm not a fan. The problem is I can't uninstall the damn thing! It does not appear in my 'add/remove programs' list so I can't even get rid of it that way!

Any ideas?

tigisfat
April 23rd, 2010, 12:07
Instead of having to register on the Orbx forums I thought I'd just ask a question here.

I've just installed and tried the demo version, and I'm afraid I'm not a fan. The problem is I can't uninstall the damn thing! It does not appear in my 'add/remove programs' list so I can't even get rid of it that way!

Any ideas?

there are instructions on the forum and in this very thread. Backtrack a few pages on how to uninstall the demo. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but there's soooo much more in the full version. Well, for the full version you'd still have to uninstall it anyway.