PDA

View Full Version : Bubbles in the sky

Nonato
February 28th, 2010, 08:49
Guys

Iīve just installed ETO 1.3 update.
Thanks to all involved: it is simply wonderful!!

However, sometime ago Iīve installed something to improve the view of the sun reflexion. It came from a thread here in SOH, but i donīt remember what it was. Iīve noticed that after the install of the 1.3 updat I have this strange looking bubble following me, kind of a bizarre sun reflexion. It only occurs when I face the sun.(see the pic)
Any suggestion on what I have to do to get rid of it?

Thanks!

Nonato

MajorMagee
February 28th, 2010, 08:55
It looks like an attempt to portray the lens reflection inside a camera. I hope this is just an option as you would never see this in "the real world" with your own eyes.

Can we turn this off without screwing something else up?

Nonato
February 28th, 2010, 09:28
Can we turn this off without screwing something else up?

Thatīs my exact question...

ndicki
February 28th, 2010, 10:11
It's the Mysterons...

SLIP STREAM
February 28th, 2010, 10:11
guys you installed dancats,"new sun effect", and "sun fx flare." it wasn't what i was looking for so i removed it.it also doesn't work in PTO.

Nonato
February 28th, 2010, 11:46
guys you installed dancats,"new sun effect", and "sun fx flare." it wasn't what i was looking for so i removed it.it also doesn't work in PTO.

Hey, that's what I've installed, most likely!! Can I just delete those and have my old sun back??:jump:

SLIP STREAM
February 28th, 2010, 14:55
N. there were two effect dds's. best you can do is open the 2 downloaded files. see which 2 dds's they are. and swap them from your backup copy.

loverboy1
February 28th, 2010, 18:09
heres an idea you might try worked for me .....from similair issue

save - delete out of your ETO - folder ...the game one

suneffect" and replace it with a fresh new copy ...........and shaders if need be , takes minutes ... if you need a copy of either send me pm will work and take away that high gloss shine in the eye s

LB/ JOSHUA

Nonato
March 1st, 2010, 01:00
LB

I replaced the modified sunneffect.xml for the original one and that problem dissappeared. That's a bit unfortunate though...I loved the glare into my eyes. It was the bubbles that bored me...:isadizzy: