PDA

View Full Version : Flightplans with elaborate waypoints?

Lionheart
February 28th, 2010, 08:14
Hey all,

Is there a program or website that can create elaborate waypoint entries? My system for dragging and dropping the red flightplan line in the FSX Flight Planner isnt cutting it.

I know, years ago, I tried a online flight planner that was pretty cool, created a nice FS2004 FP with any waypoints I wanted.

Does anything like this exist anymore?

Bill

jetstreamsky
February 28th, 2010, 13:50
Try this

http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/

TeaSea
February 28th, 2010, 15:38
Oh yes...Plan G. very nice...try that Lionheart if you haven't already.

P.S. still enjoying your Kodiak!

Navy Chief
February 28th, 2010, 17:55
Well, after a 1/2 hour of trying to access that forum to download the software, I give up. Reset my password, as it initially said I didn't have access. Received msg, with link to do that. Tried to login again, but now says there's no member with my username. Grrrr.......

Way too difficult to access that site. NC

Lionheart
February 28th, 2010, 18:18
Thanks guys.

Just downloaded it and will check it right now.

NC,

Try to get just to the forums. Seems they have a loop error and it keeps you out but a diff link will get you into the forums and there you will find the download page for the program.

EDIT: Click 'Home' (yellow button, top left) and you will get into the forums.

Bill

harleyman
February 28th, 2010, 19:30
Well, after a 1/2 hour of trying to access that forum to download the software, I give up. Reset my password, as it initially said I didn't have access. Received msg, with link to do that. Tried to login again, but now says there's no member with my username. Grrrr.......

Way too difficult to access that site. NC

Same here...they can have it ....lol

Lionheart
February 28th, 2010, 20:08
Man.. This is one nice program. Thanks for the heads up. Hard to believe its freeware.

I still have no way to manually enter my waypoints though, which is what I wanted. Anyone know how to modify a flightplan and put in waypoints? I tried looking at the FLT files last night to try that and didnt find a way to do that.

Bill

You guys,

You should have tried just clicking on the Home button. I think you were already signed in. It has a faulty loop in the login.

Bill

SkippyBing
March 1st, 2010, 00:49
I tried looking at the FLT files last night to try that and didnt find a way to do that.

Flightplans are in the PLN files, if you open one up on the text editor of your choice it's just a XML document with some flags for the waypoint types etc. You could manually edit them to accurately place waypoints and/or add more, probably wouldn't be that hard to write a little GUI to edit them.

vora
March 1st, 2010, 03:15
I had a look at that forum (btw no problem with registration). In the sticky thread of Plan-G there is this note in the installation instruction for the new version:

NOTE: If you have created user waypoints, you will need to export them, and import them into the new version. Imported waypoints will need to be reimportedLooks to me that Plan-G can do what you have in mind, Bill.

Custom waypoints are also important for me, so I will give it a try.

jmig
March 1st, 2010, 03:51
Bill, Are you running it on a networked computer on the FS computer? I downloaded it a while back but never used it. May look into it again.

Dimus
March 1st, 2010, 04:07
This is a very good product. It has helped my simming a lot due to the simple fact that once the database is created, the whole folder can be copied and run on a computer with no FSX on it. This way I am able to run Plan-G on my work laptop and when I can spare some time there, prepare my flight plans. This saves me a lot of time at home where my FSing time is at a premium after all the honey do list is over and I have spent the required minimum quality time with the honey in front of the telly:sleep:. I do not waste time thinking where to fly and how. I have the plan ready and just load it. I just have to pick the most appropriate plane from the hangar (Btw, this is very often Bill's Tailwind lately).

Lionheart
March 1st, 2010, 09:45
Bill, Are you running it on a networked computer on the FS computer? I downloaded it a while back but never used it. May look into it again.

I ran it on my main rig. Nothing linked in via the Network right now.

Thanks for the info Dimus. I could try that. Do you upload FP's through a flash drive to the other computer?

Bill

PRB
March 1st, 2010, 10:41
...I still have no way to manually enter my waypoints though, which is what I wanted....

Bill, to manually enter a waypoint, just right-click on the map. One of the options you will get is to enter a custom waypoint at that location. Once you get the window to enter the name etc., I think you also can enter the specific LAT/LON values to "fine tune" it.