PDA

View Full Version : RAZBAM F-102 Inability to Take Off and Bouncing

1970LT1
February 28th, 2010, 06:06
Having some issues with the payware. I've flown the AS F-106 with no problems, but between taking off at 240 kts (!) and all the shaking and bouncing, I'm getting frustrated. Problems confirmed on their forums. Anyone known if a fix was posted for these issues - I can't tell from their website.

Regards,

LT1

Stickshaker
February 28th, 2010, 09:12
I don't have that problem but I only make short flights. What happens when you remove fuel?

glennc
February 28th, 2010, 09:37
LT1,

I haven't flown the 102 in a while so I tried it. I didn't check fuel load, but the two things I saw on the take-off: It needs a very long runway. Set elevator trim nose up. There is not a trim indicator in the VC I could find, I think I was off at about 200 knots but fighting to stay out of a stall. I had the opportunity many years ago to fly a full motion B-58 simulator. The speeds and feel are very simular to what I remember. The delta wing needs a lot of air moving over it at high angles of attack.

On the jumping, I'll confirm that. Typically, that's a contact point issue in aircraft.cfg. I haven't checked Razbam's support to see if there may be a fix.

Glenn

1970LT1
February 28th, 2010, 12:48
I should have mentioned that I'm using two-three ticks trim up and reducing fuel and payload amounts. Eventually, I'm able to get off (takes over 11000 ft and 220-240 kts) but it's not operating according to their manual, which says rotation at 150 kts. Their forums are enlightening - some reported the same problem but it appears the threads went dead before any kind of fix was developed. This might seem harsh (but I feel I can say this because it's payware), but it appears that they never really addressed the issue other than commenting that someone's airfile tinkering seemed like a good idea. The designer admitted that using airwrench to develop the flight characteristics wasn't a good idea!

LT1

Prowler1111
February 28th, 2010, 13:04
1970LT1:
1st all, sorry for the inconvenience, the flight model is being patched, sadly, the programmer is under heavy real life stress and have not get into it as yet(final version).I know it might not sound like a valid answer to you, but i´m going to find a fix for this.
Best regards
Prowler

mal998
February 28th, 2010, 16:12
Prowler,
check your PM.

BR's,
mal998

1970LT1
March 1st, 2010, 16:45
Thanks for the feedback Prowler. BTW, it's a beautiful model and paint schemes - want to mention the positive as well as the negative. I'll check your site occasionally for a patch.

Regards,

LT1