PDA

View Full Version : Daydreamin' : Official Orbx NA Blue Pacific Northwest Promotional

CodyValkyrie
February 27th, 2010, 16:54
Enjoy!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F-cqpXZBtvg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F-cqpXZBtvg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-cqpXZBtvg

720P WMV Download:
http://www.jaggyroadfilms.com/movies/commercial/flightsimulator/ftx_pnw_promo.zip

To learn more head to http://www.fullterrain.com

CodyValkyrie
February 27th, 2010, 16:58
For those waiting for the video to process, you can also download it from my website from the link above.

SirBenn21
February 27th, 2010, 17:45
Bold move doing the video that way. Couldn't decide if I liked it or not at first, but you get two thumbs up from me. :applause:

Damn now you got me tempted to buy NA Blue pacific. :kilroy:

Ben

CodyValkyrie
February 27th, 2010, 17:51
Yes, I took a very strange approach to the video. I really wanted to get the views up there for the release, and I remember seeing some old Enya videos back in the day that were completely backwards. I wanted to somewhat emulate that style. I hope it worked. There was some skepticism I think at first, but so far everyone seems happy with it.

We'll see!

JamesChams
February 27th, 2010, 18:25
Mr. Cody B. "CodyValkyrie,"

Yes, I took a very strange approach to the video....While I don't have a bias opinion about your videos (i.e. I think they are all great); I must say that this is some of your most imaginative "concept" work I've seem in the FS video-making world. Seeing aircraft go backward does catch one off guard at first... However, when that theme "sinks in" to one's mind and the 2D-cartoon to 3D-FSX dimenional flips occur, one really get the feeling that it is about differing dreams coming together (like from a design concept to its inception). Very Very :medals:Very Very Nicely Done! :salute:

But, I'll have to go see it again a few times to let PNW sink into my conscience mind as I was too busy being dazzled by all the effects the first time around (just like when I saw Star Wars Esp. 1->III :isadizzy:).

Also, you've captured my FSX Dream of all kinds of flying quite nicely in this video... :applause: Now, perhaps, I'm not so "crazy" about purchasing good products after all.

PS: Enya just keeps on inspiring...doesn't she? She's a lovely Lady, with Lovely music, and a lovely role model to emulate. :ireland:

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Spiritual_Journey.html)

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

CodyValkyrie
February 27th, 2010, 18:32
Mr. Cody B. "CodyValkyrie,"
While I don't have a bias opinion about your videos (i.e. I think they are all great); I must say that this is some of your most imaginative "concept" work I've seem in the FS video-making world. Seeing aircraft go backward does catch one off guard at first... However, when that theme "sinks in" to one's mind and the 2D-cartoon to 3D-FSX dimenional flips occur, one really get the feeling that it is about differing dreams coming together (like from a design concept to its inception). Very Very Very Nicely Done! :medals::salute:
Yes, it does take a bit to sink in. The first few scenes even leave myself with a bit of "what the heck?" feeling. It was designed from the ground up to catch people off guard. I had a hard time explaining the concept to people.

But, I'll have to go see it again a few times to let PNW sink into my conscience mind as I was too busy being dazzled by all the effects the first time around (just like when I saw Star Wars Esp. 1->III :isadizzy:).LOL. Thanks James. This song grew on me. When I first heard it, I thought it was "good" but not great. Now, I love it. Very trippy song.

Also, you've captured my FSX Dream of all kinds of flying quite nicely in this video... :applause:About the only thing I didn't include much of was larger aircraft flying. I originally intended to, and even had some shots filmed for it. They didn't cut because I ran out of time.

Among the scenes that also didn't make it was the SibWings Bird Dog landing on a frozen lake deep in the BC mountains.

PS: Enya just keeps on inspired...doesn't she? Lovely Lady, Lovely music, and lovely role model to emulate. :ireland: I have always been a big Enya fan. Haven't listened to it lately, but I still love the songs. Perfect chill out.

Javis
February 27th, 2010, 19:51
...oot sdrawkcab cisum eht yalp dna yaw eht lla enog evah *dlouc* ouY :mixedsmi:

I applaud your way of seeking a different approach to FS video creation ! :applause: :applause:

Cheers,
Jan

SirBenn21
February 27th, 2010, 21:59
...oot sdrawkcab cisum eht yalp dna yaw eht lla enog evah *dlouc* ouY :mixedsmi:
n

Haha :icon_lol:

took me a little while.

Paul K
February 27th, 2010, 23:30
Don't wish to offend, but I think the product itself would have been better served by not distracting the viewer with backward-flying aircraft.

Having watched it once, its the strangeness of it that sticks in the mind, rather than the virtues of the product it is intended to promote...and thats not what you want, is it.

Again, no offence meant.

gajit
February 28th, 2010, 00:03
Don't wish to offend, but I think the product itself would have been better served by not distracting the viewer with backward-flying aircraft.

Having watched it once, its the strangeness of it that sticks in the mind, rather than the virtues of the product it is intended to promote...and thats not what you want, is it.

Again, no offence meant.

Yep - as "art" it was great and very entertaining :salute: but to see the product I would have to "enjoy" the art again and again to catch bits. :isadizzy:

6297J
February 28th, 2010, 00:27
I have to agree. It's nice work if you like that sort of thing but I'd really rather just watch a straight forward and honest video of the product with no distracting theme music and no 'filmic' post-processing. It's all a little bit self consciously arty (which is the worst kind) and makes me squirm in my seat a little. There are other videos and screenshots (albeit over-processed and 'Rex'ified' as usual) over at the publishers forum if you want to see what it might actually look like on your machine.

Cleartheprop
February 28th, 2010, 00:28
Very poetic video, it goes well beyond a promotional video. I really enjoyed every second of it! Thanks!
..and BTW, the product doesnt seem too bad... :icon_lol:

CodyValkyrie
February 28th, 2010, 01:09
For those who don't particularly like it, don't forget I made this one too:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xhApzPe9YrA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xhApzPe9YrA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

gajit
February 28th, 2010, 01:55
I admire your skill Cody to produce either of them :applause::applause::applause:

6297J
February 28th, 2010, 01:56
Again, very nice in a Tony Scott sort of way but it doesn't show me enough of what it will be like in reality. I don't have 'isn't the world lovely' music playing in the background when I'm in FSX, I don't view FSX from third party camera angles, I don't view FSX in oversaturated and tweaked colouring. I could probably appreciate a video like this more many months after the product has been released but when it's a new product then I just want to see the blinkin' product.
It's intriguing though for sure and it does make me want to see more :salute:

CodyValkyrie
February 28th, 2010, 02:05
[EDIT: Bah]

6297J
February 28th, 2010, 02:47
That's why I am asked to do these. ;) Anyone can make a video of themselves just flying around. That doesn't bring in views or "tease" people.

With respect, anyone can make a fake video using post-processing software and a gooey music track too but it can be misleading to people who think that's what it will really 'feel' like in-game!

I really like John's Video blogs for actual 'footage' - http://www.youtube.com/user/orbxtube (I don't think these are edited or tweaked at all and there is no noticeable stuttering or colour loss etc)

CodyValkyrie
February 28th, 2010, 03:08
I'll leave ya with this mate. That single video took me over 40 hours to create. Not easy work.

I digress however.... it's not important.

6297J
February 28th, 2010, 03:27
It's your time Cody, you can choose to do whatever you want with it. You obviously got a free product out of it which is surely payment enough but the fact that not everyone is going to appreciate your work shouldn't stop you doing what you enjoy. Unless that's not why you do it.
But you're right, it's not important. It looks like a fabulous product regardless of how it's shown and who is showing it and I will certainly be buying it as soon as it becomes available to the masses.

bstolle
February 28th, 2010, 03:50
WOW, at first I also thought what a strange idea...but after the first 10-20sec it started to become very interesting and latest with the Eagle aerobatic sequence it turned out to be one of the most advanced and artistic fs videos. Very impressive AND informative!!
Congratulations :)

jmig
February 28th, 2010, 04:07
I found the going backwards to be strange, too. However, it didn't take away from the beauty of the scenery. Cody, you are a true artist. Artists push the envelope. I have shown my wife more than one of your films, just to point out the quality.

I am sure there is post processing and color enhancement going on. But isn't that is the nature of promos? I have yet to buy a hamburger that matches the ones I see in the ads.

Still, I find that with a decent computer these add-ons bring FSX very close to reality. I have had many a "WOW" moment while flying FSX.

P.S. I did like the "River Jordan" video better. :mixedsmi: What's that saying, "Different strokes for different folks."

You did well!

GaryGB
February 28th, 2010, 06:30
I enjoyed the innovative video, and I look forward to flying in the "new" PNW environment. :applause:

I hope Cody won't mind if I post this "other" version for folks... just click the "Play back" button ! :icon_lol:

Regards,

GaryGB

CodyValkyrie
February 28th, 2010, 07:42
ROFL! Great picture mate.

Thanks for watching guys!

Marlin
February 28th, 2010, 23:34
The second one has my vote.

Outstanding work as usual on them both, good job Cody!!

CodyValkyrie
March 1st, 2010, 22:27
The second one has my vote.

Outstanding work as usual on them both, good job Cody!!
Thanks mate. They are completely different from each other, no doubt.

Anneke
March 2nd, 2010, 01:40
I like the vid. But what is the song featured in it...like it also! :salute: