PDA

View Full Version : 'Prints'

Panther_99FS
February 27th, 2010, 07:51
Anyone know where/how I can get some quality prints that will last for decades (i.e. our family 1970s prints) and not like this inkjet stuff that fades in 2 years....:kilroy:

Tks...

Cloud9Gal
February 27th, 2010, 09:50
Hey P.~

Hoping you can find a place here?

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/labs.htm

Cazzie
February 27th, 2010, 10:02
Anyone know where/how I can get some quality prints that will last for decades (i.e. our family 1970s prints) and not like this inkjet stuff that fades in 2 years....:kilroy:

Tks...

Use a professional photo company P, Use these folks in Greensboro, NC.

http://www.mastercolorlabs.com/

Caz

OBIO
February 27th, 2010, 10:09
A lot of the chain drug stores have Kodak printing centers. Take your digital pics in on CD/DVD/USB thumb drive/camera stick...and they can print them using full photo printing technology. No injet type prints....real photo paper, real photo chemicals. Last a life time..unless they get wet or chewed on by the family dog...just like having prints done from 35mil film.

And it's pretty cheap. The Walgreens close to use does digital prints for 19 cents each for 4 by 6. 8 by 10 prints from a digital image are $4.99 each.

OBIO

Cazzie
February 27th, 2010, 12:02
A lot of the chain drug stores have Kodak printing centers. Take your digital pics in on CD/DVD/USB thumb drive/camera stick...and they can print them using full photo printing technology. No injet type prints....real photo paper, real photo chemicals. Last a life time..unless they get wet or chewed on by the family dog...just like having prints done from 35mil film.

And it's pretty cheap. The Walgreens close to use does digital prints for 19 cents each for 4 by 6. 8 by 10 prints from a digital image are $4.99 each.

OBIO

If it's standard 4 X 6 prints, yep, that's the call OBIO. Ritz camera has them also. I was speaking of enlarged profession prints.

Caz

OBIO
February 27th, 2010, 12:09
Our local Rite Aids stores have the Kodac Photo Centers...and they can send your digital images out to be photo printed in sizes up to 40 by 60 inches I think. Up to 8 by 10 they can do instore...but larger than that they send to an outside photo printer to have done...real photo process prints...not inkjet printer prints.

OBIO

Panther_99FS
February 27th, 2010, 12:26
Tks...I'll check 'em out...

Chacha
March 3rd, 2010, 06:09
Are you trying to make a banner type huge print? or a poster type?

There is a local printer here in our neighborhood that can make as big as banner type or a poster type print....

Panther_99FS
March 3rd, 2010, 09:35
Just regular 4x6...