PDA

View Full Version : Active Sky Evolution Released!

Kiwikat
February 27th, 2010, 07:34
http://www2.hifisim.com/

FREE to all Active Sky Advanced owners.

I've already seen improvements on my first flight with it.

Thank you for the free upgrade, Hifi. :jump: :salute:

Dain Arns
February 27th, 2010, 07:42
http://www2.hifisim.com/

FREE to all Active Sky Advanced owners.

I've already seen improvements on my first flight with it.

Thank you for the free upgrade, Hifi. :jump: :salute:

Wow! Thank for the heads-up, Kiwikat!

First, found out about UTX being fully re-done this morning, now ASA.
This weekend is looking good! :icon_lol:

EDIT: Hallelujah! This upgrades using the info from ASA, so all of your existing settings and data are copied over to ASE!

Thank you Mr. Skorna!

Dain Arns
February 27th, 2010, 07:57
Some people might skip over this info on the install...

FSUIPC (if installed and FSUIPC wind smoothing/turbulence effects are enabled) - Edit These FSUIPC.ini settings:
TurbulenceRate=0.5,2.5
TurbulenceDivisor=40,40,80,80

FSX - Edit the following FSX.cfg setting (under [Weather]):
TurbulenceScale=0.500000

FSX - Using FSX options, disable all turbulence effects on the aircraft (you may omit this step if you’d like some turbulence effects despite further sensitivity issues).

FAC257
February 27th, 2010, 08:27
Dain

When I looked at that section of the install read me several times, I believe that those settings and changes only apply if your having issues with PMDG aircraft. I think there was a similar situation with ASA and PMDG aircraft also.

Got ASE up and running, so far so good. I love new toys. Thanks! Hi-Fi :applause:

I was actually wondering why it's been so quite on the ASA forum after the B435 release. Turns out it was "secret" stuff in the oven.

FAC

Dain Arns
February 27th, 2010, 08:42
Dain

When I looked at that section of the install read me several times, I believe that those settings and changes only apply if your having issues with PMDG aircraft. I think there was a similar situation with ASA and PMDG aircraft also.

Got ASE up and running, so far so good. I love new toys. Thanks! Hi-Fi :applause:

I was actually wondering why it's been so quite on the ASA forum after the B435 release. Turns out it was "secret" stuff in the oven.

FAC

Yep you're right.
Had some trouble reading that. Fonts seemed extra large on my installer.

bkeske
February 27th, 2010, 10:12
Downlaoded and installed. Nice Surprise. Nice work HiFi :applause:

HercFan
February 27th, 2010, 11:04
Count me in as a ''surprised'' user also. But a very happy ''surprised'' user!! Installing tonight and looking forward to even more Active Sky fun.

Dain Arns
February 27th, 2010, 12:27
I was very happy and comfortable with ASA.
I flew the hops around Hawaii of the FS Host server this morning to test out ASE.
Lots of variable weather types around the islands this morning.

ASE is incredible!
It kept the weather updated all along the flight, and adjusted it quickly when crossing into a new weather type.

Definitely a big positive difference in the weather representation.
Honestly I wasn't expecting that much change, and I am very pleasantly surprised.
Vertical air simulation was more noticeable along ridge lines.
Haze seems to be represented even better.
In heavy weather I sometimes would dip in FPS, with ASA.
Just me, but it seemed like the FPS is even better now with ASE.

Definitely a great upgrade to a already good product.

JSkorna
February 27th, 2010, 19:32
Hi All,

Thanks much for all of this!

CodyValkyrie
February 27th, 2010, 20:03
How in the heck do I get my free copy? I haven't figured it out yet.

Kiwikat
February 27th, 2010, 20:08
How in the heck do I get my free copy? I haven't figured it out yet.

Bottom of this page:

http://www2.hifisim.com/node/1044

It will ask you for your key from ASA.

CodyValkyrie
February 27th, 2010, 20:12
Thanks Kiwi. :D

tigisfat
April 7th, 2010, 03:04
What kinda FPS impact does this product have. Does it have any impact at all?

Dain Arns
April 7th, 2010, 07:03

I don't think any worse than any weather generator, personally.
Heavy weather, size of cloud textures, draw distance, all are going to impact FPS.

In my opinion and experience, I feel ASE has been better so far.
Let's say much smoother, because I lock FSX at 25FPS.
But I don't think it's a major difference that would turn around anyone's version of FSX, if they are already having FPS issues

Kavehpd
April 7th, 2010, 07:42

I have the ASX and cannot comment on ASE. The program itself takes about 70~75 MB of memory to operate which will have very little effect on fps. Other than that, any change in performance depends entirely on the weather setting (how many layers, density and type of the clouds, etc.) and of course, cloud textures and resolution. In other words, you should expect pretty much the same frame rate hit if you redevelop the exact same weather condition with the default FSX setting (which is pretty much impossible, but for the sake of argument).

Kiwikat
April 7th, 2010, 07:48
I can say that ASE hits fps far less than ASX did. It is also far more accurate. Active Sky has come a long way since ASX! :wiggle:

Dain Arns
April 7th, 2010, 07:48
I have the ASX and cannot comment on ASE. The program itself takes about 70~75 MB of memory to operate which will have very little effect on fps. Other than that, any change in performance depends entirely on the weather setting (how many layers, density and type of the clouds, etc.) and of course, cloud textures and resolution. In other words, you should expect pretty much the same frame rate hit if you redevelop the exact same weather condition with the default FSX setting (which is pretty much impossible, but for the sake of argument).

You can upgrade for free, you know...

Kiwikat
April 7th, 2010, 07:50
You can upgrade for free, you know...

Nope, it only applies to ASA customers. Unless their website is wrong...

Kavehpd
April 7th, 2010, 07:55
Nope, it only applies to ASA customers. Unless their website is wrong...

Yes, ASA customers only. Shame.

JSkorna
April 7th, 2010, 19:04
Hi All,

ASE is free for ASA owners. For anyone else a purchase would be required. We couldn't go back any farther for free.