PDA

View Full Version : FSX MAAM B-25J Problem

stovall
February 27th, 2010, 07:00
I discussed this in the thread below regarding new paints by Jankees. I have the 2002 Briefing Time CD's and loaded all the files to bring her up to 2004 and applied the temp update for FSX. The B-25 looks, sounds and flies great. When I turn on the lights CTD or if I try to exit FSX after flying her CTD.

I saw another thread somewhere over at AVSIM that someone else had exactly the same problem and was running Window 7 64 bit. Anyone have any ideas?

Kiwikat
February 27th, 2010, 07:38
I also had that problem.

What's the status on the interim FSX patch for her? I thought they were working on one.

airtj
February 27th, 2010, 08:34
I would run the setup from the cd and install it into a temporary folder. Then move the folders into the correct ones into FSX. I have the aircraft in fsx and it's running fine with the patch. The only other thing that may cause it to crash is not having the FSSound.dll not in the module folder. Also to help get the aircraft started I had to increase the power scalar to 0.97 in the piston engine found in the aircraft.cfg file. Hope this helps

stovall
February 27th, 2010, 09:13
Airtj, I thought I had done that since FSX is not in the default folder. I do not have gps_export or TrafficInfo.dlls in the Module folder. Sound is there. I will try again. The problem is in the gauge MAAM_B25.

Thanks, Tom

Roger
February 27th, 2010, 09:22
Tom,
I have the B25 in FsX and the gaugesound.dll is in the main FsX folder. I've attached the version of .dll I have in my FsX.

airtj
February 27th, 2010, 09:34
The version that I have is 1.5.0.2. It could be the version of windows that you are running, I most have missed that information, I'm running windows XP

stovall
February 27th, 2010, 09:40
Thanks Roger, I will check out the FSSound.dll, I have version 1.6.0. I will try the included attachment before reinstalling everything. Much appreciated guys.

letsgetrowdy
February 27th, 2010, 09:45
Wow this plane is FSX compatible now??? I'm behind the times.

stansdds
February 27th, 2010, 09:55
It's a more-or-less compatible with FSX thing. You need to get the FSX patch from the MAAM site and follow the installation instructions. Manual starts of the engines are not really possible unless you monkey with the aircraft.cfg file, if you do that, the flight dynamics are bit off. Also, be sure to lock your frame rates at 30 or less, otherwise bad things can happen with this aircraft. MAAM-Sim is working on a full FSX version, but the C-47 for FSX is first in line, then the B-25J, so it will likely be quite a while before we see the full FSX version.

stovall
February 27th, 2010, 10:03
Thanks for all the input guys, I tried the gaugesound.dll from Roger which I already had int he FSX root directory but still CTD with B-25. I even put the gaugesound.dll in the Module folder but no help there. The crash occurs as soon as I open the aircraft and try to exit. All is working perfectly until I try to exit or turn on the lights. I will try to reinstall everything again to a temp folder. This is my third time and I have read the docs very carefully. I may have missed something but I am an old timer at this stuff. Still being an old timer may be the problem.

stovall
February 27th, 2010, 10:11
This may indeed be a Window 7 64bit issue. I tried Rogers older gaugesound.dll 03 as opposed to my 09 version but no joy. I even tried making FSX.exe compatible with XP Pro. No joy.

Back to the new install to temp folder.

stovall
February 27th, 2010, 11:06
Ok, did complete reinstall from scratch. All looks the same. I selected the MAAM B-25 BT and she opened perfectly. I tried to exit and CTD. This must be a Window 7, 64 bit issue. Is anyone not having problems using Win 7 64 bit?

I am at the end of my rope here. If I remove the MAAM_b25.gau all works and flies fine.

Javis
March 1st, 2010, 05:05
Tom, you might want to wait a while trying to get the B-25 to work for you in FSX. I've had the same problem myself ( FSX/Acc/XP ) but all's well now because we're working on an interim FS9/FSX update and fix. Not the native FSX version yet but amongst others you'll get fully clickable and workable VC with removable Yoke and special wide screen adapted 2D panels. Will be released this month.

Cheers,
Jan

stovall
March 1st, 2010, 06:35
Thanks very much Jan for confirming what I finally realized. I just removed the MAAM_B25.gau. She flies and looks great in FSX. Looking forward to the interim FSX fix. A FSX native will be nice but this version has always been a favorite of mine and will keep me flying for some time.

Your response is much appreciated.

Henry
March 1st, 2010, 09:34
actually i have the same problem
with Roy Chaffins freeware
H

stovall
March 1st, 2010, 10:25
Henry, I installed the Roy Chaffin B-25 with the update adding the US livery and she works fine. The VC is just rudimentary but OK. The original MAAM B-25 is still my favorite and look forward to getting the update fix.

Henry
March 1st, 2010, 12:07
Henry, I installed the Roy Chaffin B-25 with the update adding the US livery and she works fine. The VC is just rudimentary but OK. The original MAAM B-25 is still my favorite and look forward to getting the update fix.
i understand the difference completely:guinness:
H