PDA

View Full Version : Alpha C-141B in FSX?

familton
November 6th, 2008, 08:38
Has anyone figured out why the Alpha C-141B does not show the model in FSX? The Alpha C-141A model shows OK. I assume that the C-141B model was for FS2002. Best regards, Bob.

Stickshaker
November 6th, 2008, 09:58
Did you find 'category=airplane' in the 'general' section of the aircraft.cfg? If not: add it. It may solve your problem.

simkid22
November 6th, 2008, 13:54
I found the 'category=airplane' entry but am having the same problem, maybe this one can't be ported :banghead: I was looking forward to have a Starlifter in FSX even if it was a port.

hoppy504
November 6th, 2008, 23:55
I have this same problem, so tried the model file from the A version. This makes the aircraft visible, so I think the model files may be the problem.

john.

familton
February 10th, 2009, 21:19
Hi. There are two models (ramp and no ramp) for the B version. Could you get both versions to display by copying the A version model into the B model version folder and rename it accordingly? REgards, Bob.

d0mokun
February 11th, 2009, 00:04
Double check that the B has a properly installed or aliased panel and sound set.

FSX won't show aircraft if it can't find a sound or panel folder.

familton
February 11th, 2009, 07:27
Double check that the B has a properly installed or aliased panel and sound set.

FSX won't show aircraft if it can't find a sound or panel folder.
Hi. Thanks. The aircraft shows up in the aircraft select menu with the default thumbnail since there is no thumbnail.jpg in any of the texture folders. The error states that the model can not be shown. The plane loads with no model. Yes there are valid sound and panel folders. In fact there is sound and a panel, which is the correct one, but no model. I tried copying the A version model into the B version for both the ramp and no ramp model. It now shows only the ro ramp model. Another thing that is strange is that there is a valid thumbnaail.jpg in the A version texture folder but it does not show that thumbnail in the aircraft select menu, only the default thumbnail. This is the only Alpha freeware plane that I have this problem. I have all of the others installed OK in FSX. Regards, Bob.