PDA

View Full Version : Epic Victory Jet screenshots; sooooon........

Lionheart
February 27th, 2010, 02:10
Hey all,

Light at the end of the tunnel. I thought you might like to see what all has been happening with the Epic Victory.

I did tamper with the design and added a wood laminate to the instrument panel facia plates. The actual Victory has dove gray metallic plates on the panel, removed with allen head screws.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/4391256093_acfe5a524f_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4035/4391256235_b18d8a05a5_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/4391256351_f7d829f403_b.jpg

All panels off, maintenance mode. Nose door off and turbine engine cowling off.

Ferry_vO
February 27th, 2010, 04:16
That looks stunnig Bill!

It will fit nicely in the hangar right next to the LT.

:applause:

empeck
February 27th, 2010, 04:36
I love the design of this aircraft. Wings are looking sexy! :kilroy:

Lewis-A2A
February 27th, 2010, 04:41
pretty much same as empeck, its a very nice design.

Reminds me of comic books, like a exec jet out of xmen or even the old master of puppets, thunderbirds! :ernae:

Killbilly
February 27th, 2010, 04:42
Man, if that thing is as easy on FPS as the Kodiak, it's an absolute must buy. She's a looker for sure. Beautiful work, Lionheart. :applause:

CodyValkyrie
February 27th, 2010, 04:45
Dangit Bill! I'm here stuck rendering, and it seems you continue to burn a hole in my pocket. Dang the free time spent rendering.

grunau_baby
February 27th, 2010, 04:48
What a sexy looking aircraft! Great lines!!! Superb modelling, Bill!!!:ernae:

Alex

wallyboard
February 27th, 2010, 05:11
Looking good Bill. Hope you include the I-pod. Gotta have those tunes!
Larry

Tako_Kichi
February 27th, 2010, 05:50
You've just put me out of a job Bill! Wood fascias are my specialty ....lol.

It's looking very nice so far.

falcon409
February 27th, 2010, 07:06
Yea, beautiful job Bill, definitely will pick this one up when available.:salute:

EgoR64
February 27th, 2010, 07:09
:applause: Swing Adi Adi - Very Nice Bill !! :icon29::icon29:

Kiwikat
February 27th, 2010, 07:31
Wooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo!!!

That's absolutely beautiful Bill! :salute: :icon29:

ryanbatc
February 27th, 2010, 07:34
Looks really fun! How fast does this thing do at altitude?

Matt Wynn
February 27th, 2010, 07:34
Bill.... i'm taken aback by this thing! great work as usual there buddy! can't wait to put her to some use... I Wonder if that gear can withstand an Unprepared runway...:icon_lol:

That Panel as usual also Bill.... A Thing of Beauty! heck all of her is beautiful and i can't wait :jump:

pilottj
February 27th, 2010, 08:21
I love the design of this aircraft. Wings are looking sexy! :kilroy:

What he said :) yeah the wings on that and the LT have that curve to them, looks as if they are being bent from the sheer speed and power of the plane, making it 'look' even faster when sitting on the ground.

Very nice looking plane Bill

txnetcop
February 27th, 2010, 08:58
ZOWWWWEEEEE another Lionheart masterpiece...yep gotta plenty of room in the hanger for this one!
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Daveroo
February 27th, 2010, 09:05
im surprised to see yokes not joysticks...happily surprized too.....lol....i have a yoke and 2 throttle quads...lol

JamesChams
February 27th, 2010, 13:00
Mr. Bill "Lionheart"

She's Absoutely lovely! :applause::mixedsmi:

I might have to apply for a BETA Testing position just to see her (up-close) before anyone else does... :icon_lol:

One my List! :salute:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/4391256093_acfe5a524f_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4035/4391256235_b18d8a05a5_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/4391256351_f7d829f403_b.jpg

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Spiritual_Journey.html)

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

Lionheart
February 27th, 2010, 14:24
Thanks guys for the kind words.

A couple of more shots.

I had to rebuild the entire front nose compartment as the guys found some photos of the production version nose compartment, which was alot different from the prototype. Battery layout, electrics box, AC and cabin pressurization box, hydraulics, wirelooms, and carbon fiber ribbing structures.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2705/4391256439_4f1abdfa9c_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4047/4392025230_0ec647ca16_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4030/4392025090_31d2b575b9_b.jpg

On the steering yoke, I wanted to do something experimental. I have always liked Milton Shupes yokes. They looked glossy and I would do mine similar trying to get that high reflection thing going, but it was always mapped. This time, I went with a small texture (small black swatch) that had chrome like elements in the FSX material, and mapped that in tile fashion accross the yoke object and the outcome was really nice. Its cool to see the interior splay around on the reflections of the yokes when you are banking the plane.

Note the Star Wars sippie cup complete with hermetic atmospheric seal system, built-in auto fusion heating element, and brushed titanium finish. Comes with the plane....

Bill

Ferry_vO
February 27th, 2010, 14:36
Bill, 'sooooon' can't come soon enough! :applause:

Chacha
February 27th, 2010, 14:46
I really do,

I took it for a spin last night...

I have to relearn how to fly...

Well Hannah did took the controls and I became a passenger ... or should I say a back seat observer...

But loved it already...

If you fell in love with the Epic, you will be mesmerized by this one.... :wavey:

I can't stop.... :running:

Gibbage
February 27th, 2010, 14:49
Nice work! This new VLJ classification has really opened up a new world for 3rd party's! There shapes are a lot of fun to model! :applause:

Lionheart
February 27th, 2010, 14:54
Nice work! This new VLJ classification has really opened up a new world for 3rd party's! There shapes are a lot of fun to model! :applause:

Very much so. They are like little planes with turbines instead of Continentals or Lycomings. Some wild designs.

The new Piper jet looks interesting.

JamesChams
February 27th, 2010, 14:57
Now all of you are just "plane" teasing me... :icon_lol:

It might be funny, Mr. Bill "LionHeart," if nothing in the real thing looked like your VC model but they included an Aluminum "Star Wars" Mug to go to the first 1000 customers that bought it. I'd buy it just for that alone. LOL :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Lovely Pictures! :salute:
Now, get back to work and finish it, already. (JK LOL :icon_lol:)

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Spiritual_Journey.html)

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

Gibbage
February 27th, 2010, 15:18
The more and more I look at the PiperJet, the more and more I dont like it. It sort of looks like they stuck a jet on the rudder of a Seneca. The Victory on the otherhand, is something out of this world. Its got a Rutan feel too it. The Eclipse and Mustang sort of look like micro-Lears. I did like the AdamJet, and that WAS designed by Rutan, but Adam didnt make it. So sad.

Wombat_VC
February 27th, 2010, 19:37
Will get one as soon as it is out. Wonder if there will be more Victories in real life though. It's a pity not to have more of them.

Kiwikat
February 27th, 2010, 19:47
The more and more I look at the PiperJet, the more and more I dont like it. It sort of looks like they stuck a jet on the rudder of a Seneca. The Victory on the otherhand, is something out of this world. Its got a Rutan feel too it. The Eclipse and Mustang sort of look like micro-Lears. I did like the AdamJet, and that WAS designed by Rutan, but Adam didnt make it. So sad.

The piperjet is FUGLY. The only uglier plane that comes to mind is the 747SP, whose ugliness cannot be conceived by any human being.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2561/3776676475_e0fd07daf5_o.jpg

FUGLY.

Lionheart
February 27th, 2010, 20:02
I kind of like it. Love that pinched nose. I do not like that paint scheme. I think the engine blending with the rudder looks clean. It would have been nice to see a totally new airframe though.

Theirs will be a solid alum. airframe. Alum isnt susceptible to erosion through high atmosphere sweating via quick climbs in humid environments.

Bill

harleyman
February 27th, 2010, 20:24
OMG Awsome looking Bill........:wavey:

Cant wait for this.......

pilottj
February 27th, 2010, 22:41
lol I can see shades of the L-1011 vs DC-10 competition with the Victory and the Piper Jet. One could argue there are some paralells between the manufacturers and design philosphies.

harleyman
February 28th, 2010, 01:20
Does the sippie cup come with a straw ? :jump:

This is going to be a must have for all I think....

Lionheart
February 28th, 2010, 06:32
Does the sippie cup come with a straw ? :jump:

This is going to be a must have for all I think....

Mason,

For you, I will make a straw that 'click' appears / 'click' disappears if you like. :d

I was trying to think of what I could have the coffee mug do. One was for steam to be coming out, but I have the worst luck with effects. It would probably cause CTD's, adverse crashes, cause the exterior textures to not show up, cause the gauges to do circles and flips, etc, etc, etc....

Bill

Lionheart
March 1st, 2010, 11:25
Playing around with a paint scheme possibility. Metallic browns with a beige/brown interior.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4012/4398628639_5c836979af_b.jpg

Old Crow
March 1st, 2010, 14:44
Ooooh Don't Tease. That is Sweet!
:applause:

doublecool
March 1st, 2010, 15:14
Looking forward to this :jump:

pilottj
March 1st, 2010, 19:11
you know, I seem to recall seeing a single engine private jet in a book somewhere. It had an S duct design and I think it was around the 80s-90s. I think it only reached prototype stage and I cant remember what it was called or who made it, maybe Rockwell or somthing.

ryanbatc
March 1st, 2010, 19:24
How fast does this thing go?

pilottj
March 1st, 2010, 20:02
lol I love the internet...after a bit of searching, it was the Gulfstream Peregrine. It apparently had connection to the Hustler 500, which might be a plane worthy of Piglet's attention. :)

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Gulfstream-American-Peregrine/0703788/L/

http://www.machdiamonds.com/peregrine.html

cheezyflier
March 1st, 2010, 20:38
i'm really anticipating this. i have the vision, and i really like it but rarely fly it because it sometimes makes me bluscreen. it's a heavy hitter on frames. i am hoping your epic will be like the kodiak is, not so tough on frame rates.

Lionheart
March 1st, 2010, 22:39
i'm really anticipating this. i have the vision, and i really like it but rarely fly it because it sometimes makes me bluscreen. it's a heavy hitter on frames. i am hoping your epic will be like the kodiak is, not so tough on frame rates.

Hey CF,

On the Victory, the main thing will be extreme mesh, tons of polys... There will be some double size 2048 textures in DXT5 format (not 32Bit) which might wear down frame rate performance. We will have the 'almost award winning' high performance Garmin screens in it, so they should not detract from frame rates.

I am trying to keep all textures as small as possible when possible, and nothing is 32bit so far.

Its nice to have small things done in precise model shape in the VC.... I have wanted that for years in FS2004. I still do. I am still looking for a programmer that can make a new compiler for FS9 models. I will pay good money for one...

Bill

Lionheart
March 1st, 2010, 22:43
lol I love the internet...after a bit of searching, it was the Gulfstream Peregrine. It apparently had connection to the Hustler 500, which might be a plane worthy of Piglet's attention. :)

Very nice jet! I have never seen that. Looks like a Falon with 2 of the nacelles missing. I guess the Falcon is slightly bigger though.

Could you imagine that turboprop and jet combo? Man... That would be wild....

Moses,

That looks like 7 of 9 in the back seat of that second link for the Hustler.

ryanbatc

Thats a good question. I still havent been able to get an answer from the test pilot on that and fuel pressure, lol.. I am trying to get in contact with the owner of a Victory now.

She will not be a rocket, but she is not slow. She will not get near Sonic, but she will be able to cruise quite nicely. Remember, she is much smaller then a Epic LT, and pure carbon fiber airframe. It weighs nothing and is short one seat (5 passenger including pilot). So top end cruise will be much higher then the Epic LT at high atmosphere. At low atmosphere you have speed and VNE restrictions. Thick air is too much on the wings.

Bill

Lionheart
March 2nd, 2010, 10:04

Official; 320 Knots indicated; KIAS; Max Cruise

I am thinking VNE is probably 340.

Bill

falcon409
March 2nd, 2010, 11:16
Bill,
I like the metallic paint effect you show up top here. I tried it once with a repaint I did for the Falcon 7x from PAD. I added a slight noise filter to the alpha and the effect was similar to what I see in yours. Is that how you get your effect as well?:salute:

Lionheart
March 2nd, 2010, 11:53
Hey Ed,

Affirmative. Just noise. Its hard to replicate exact colors though unless you use a constant 'swatch' that has no noise in it, otherwise, your wings and other parts will never match. So keep a swatch on a lone area on a texture sheet, then use that to fill with, then add noise.

Also, I add my noise only to the top area, not the Alpha. That way, the reflection zones are constant and one wave accross a surface instead of etchy. Thats my own desired effects though. (Like a clearcoat, its one glossy texture instead of bumpy).

Lionheart
March 4th, 2010, 15:59
Now this is cool....

The 'economy' version.

1VXoxiUPfYg

Even has brakes and an actual tubine engine.

Bill

N2056
March 4th, 2010, 16:03
Looking Good! :applause:

hey_moe
March 4th, 2010, 16:15
Hey Bill you da man...nice job :applause:. Can't wait to fly her :jump:...Mike

Lionheart
March 5th, 2010, 11:32
Thanks guys.

Here is the paint scheme for the factory Epic Victory prototype, N370EV.

Echo Victor sported the shiny chrome N-number registry like its sister ship, the Epic LT. It has a two tone stripe that goes down the sides like little waves that start razor sharp and get huge near the tail.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2685/4409560366_1acecde2ba_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2707/4408793321_c71b802b47_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2708/4409560220_1b60169dbe_b.jpg

Do you guys think I should drop those little round disc access covers on the rudder? Do they stand out bad, or are they enhancing the surface details?

Bill

pilottj
March 5th, 2010, 11:36
maybe just tone down the shadowing on those access covers. its nice to see that they are there, tho are they in fact bulging peices or just flat plate type pieces? Looking great Bill :)

Ferry_vO
March 5th, 2010, 11:39
Do you guys think I should drop those little round disc access covers on the rudder? Do they stand out bad, or are they enhancing the surface details?

Hard to tell from a single screenshot, but they do seem to stand out a bit too much; like they are on top of the fuselage and rudder.

Roger
March 5th, 2010, 11:39
Looking great Bill!
I think the little bit of detail on the tail is good adding some detail to a really smooth finish.

Moses03
March 5th, 2010, 11:43
Really cool little jet Bill. Looks great!

mohawk3
March 5th, 2010, 11:53
More detail = more immersion
Thank You

Nick C
March 5th, 2010, 12:13
Looking fantastic Bill. :applause::applause::applause:

Nick C
March 5th, 2010, 12:15
Bill obviously you have more data, but the access covers don't seem to stand out as much on the few photo's that are available.

Example: http://www.airliners.net/photo/Epic/AIR-Epic-Victory/1246037/L/

Edit: Looking at your pictures I can now see that it is in only one picture, when the light is in a certain direction, that they stand out, the others look the same as the photo I linked to above.

Matt Wynn
March 5th, 2010, 13:09
hubba hubba! is it legal to sleep with an aircraft if it is order me a new bed for my paint hangar, i'm sure once this is out my paint hangar will be awash with colours, mostly blue from me swearing at myself for not being able to do what i want to do :icon_lol:

Bill, fantastic work as always, this is one of them aircraft that reaches out from the screen grabs you by the collar and hauls you in, she's a beauty!

Lionheart
March 5th, 2010, 13:32
Thanks guys.

I think I might delete those little covers. The real plane, in photos, appears to use 'flush' doors, not actual dish covers like I am portraying. The more I look at them, the more they detract from the plane. If it were from the 50's or earlier, they would look proper, or under the wing of a big aluminum plane.

I'll still have the lines of the doors in the graphics, but the mesh area will have to be taken out.

Bill

clmooring
March 6th, 2010, 19:51
Bill

This is another beautiful plane. The LT could loose the title of best looking GA plane in the air (FS air).

Are there any special effects you think we should know about; rain, ice, jet exhaust?

If there is that would be icing on the cake.... cant wait!! :jump:

thanks again for what looks like a great add-on.
Chuck

PS: great new shots on your web site. I think you may have an incorrect link on the last panel shot though. I think you link to one twice.

Lionheart
March 6th, 2010, 21:46
Bill
Are there any special effects you think we should know about; rain, ice, jet exhaust?

If there is that would be icing on the cake.... cant wait!! :jump:

Thanks Chuck for the kind words.

Only a vapory looking jet exhaust. Thats about it. My special effects have always backfired. I need to probably bring in an expert that can do amazing effects. I always have ideas for them, but when it comes to code, its like trying to paint in braille for me... (if that makes sense).

PS: great new shots on your web site. I think you may have an incorrect link on the last panel shot though. I think you link to one twice.

Roger that. Thanks for the heads up. I'll check that now.

EDIT: Link now fixed.

Bill

pilottj
March 7th, 2010, 07:10
hehe yeah she is a beauty, for most beautiful GA craft for me its a tossup between the Duke and the Dynasty...figures both type names refer to royalty :) This Victory might take the cake, however when the Turbo Duke is released it will be a tossup again. :jump:

Kiwikat
March 7th, 2010, 08:07
Mr. Bill, will this have a very user friendly paint kit like the LT's?

And is soooooon getting any sooner? :173go1:

Man all I can do is keep staring at that VC shot on the first page. *drool*

It'll give me the perfect short range jet to use when I don't want to bring out the Citation X!

Rezabrya
March 7th, 2010, 10:28
This looks amazing and I can't wait for it to come out. It will go nicely with the Epic LT and Kodiak.

boxcar
March 7th, 2010, 10:40
.... Precisely what Rezabrya said, Bill. :-)

Lionheart
March 7th, 2010, 11:34
Mr. Bill, will this have a very user friendly paint kit like the LT's?

And is soooooon getting any sooner? :173go1:

Man all I can do is keep staring at that VC shot on the first page. *drool*

It'll give me the perfect short range jet to use when I don't want to bring out the Citation X!

Very easy paintkit, as usual.

I am wondering if this time, I should make it even more friendly and combine some of the layers for Misc together so that one doesnt need to go through 30 or 40 diff layer stacks to locate base layer and stripes layers..

I was experimenting with a odd texture for the bright white area's. Its a mottling texture I learned about with WWII planes and adds a sort of multi color blotching to area's via super thin opacity. Its to get the white area's from looking so bland, as it can look like a giant piece of plastic like a toy. Adding some blotch can sort of give it depth or realism, but in this case, it made it look dirty, lol.. I want that super waxed, wet look, like its new and expensive. So I dont know if that blotch layer will be left on.

No bump mapping, of course. If this one had it, it would mean a damaged surface..

Bill