PDA

View Full Version : P-61B Amazing Restoration

Scratch
February 26th, 2010, 14:57
And a bunch of other cool galleries also. Check out the first civilian Su-27 gallery.

http://www.eaa.org/apps/galleries/gallery.aspx?ID=279

stiz
February 26th, 2010, 15:33
loads more here :)

http://www.maam.org/p61/p61_rest.htm

Matt Wynn
February 26th, 2010, 18:43
oooh Flanker.... sorry but to me thats pure un-adulterated beauty, the P-61 can quiver with the cold i'll cosy up to the Flanker :icon_lol:

norab
February 26th, 2010, 19:18
I'm hoping that this means MAAM will bring out a Flightsim P-61 on par with their other beautiful planes

stansdds
February 27th, 2010, 05:38
The P-61 restoration is taking a long time, but then again, they started with wreckage of an aircraft that does not have an abundance of spare parts sitting in a warehouse somewhere. How many complete P-61's are there in the world today? Three, and one of those is in China. The MAAM P-61 will be the fourth.

Dain Arns
February 27th, 2010, 07:37
Thought someone has a P-61 in development for FSX now.
Little birdie told me a Mosquito might be on the way too.
I think this is going to be a very good year... :jump:

Bomber_12th
February 27th, 2010, 08:21
<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CADMINI%7E1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5 Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> It will be pretty amazing at the upcoming MAAM WWII Weekend air show, as the P-61 will be rolled out onto the ramp of aircraft (instead of being confined to the hangar as in the past) and will finally have her tail booms back on.

The most recent photos of this restoration can be found on this page:

http://warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34636&hilit=Black+Widow&start=15