PDA

View Full Version : FS Recorder 2.0 beta 4 released

stovall
February 26th, 2010, 11:28
Just found the Matthias has released his Beta 4 version of FS Recorder

Here!! (http://www.fs-recorder.net/download/download.php?id=fsxrec2000b4)

X_eidos2
February 26th, 2010, 14:02
Thanks for the HU on the beta release.

While at the site I noticed another very important development. Matthias is experimenting with a new way of making renders of FS flights. Instead of going for a live capture he is having the software make a rendering in much the same way 3d programs would.

A clip from his post says..." I tried to render a video in FSX at full HD resolution (1920x1080) at 60fps and watched it on my full HD projector, it really looks great!"

Here's the YouTube video of his test video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMhevhN4S0g

Looks very promising. Because of the process, sound doesn't get produced at the same time. Since most folks re-mix their sound anyway, this shouldn't be a problem.

spotlope
February 26th, 2010, 14:38
That's just fascinating. I'm in awe of minds that can do tricks like that. Hopefully this will work out as well as it seems it will, and we'll have another great option for making FS vids. :jump:

Cazzie
February 26th, 2010, 15:09
Thanks for the HU, uninstalled beta 3 and uinstalled beta 4.

Also, in respect to recording, FRAPS has released a new version 3.1.1. I use payware FRAPS and imagine most of you do too, so go to the Members Area for the download should you have the payware version.

Caz

letsgetrowdy
February 26th, 2010, 21:31
A great Add-on - couldn't use FSX without it! But mine is very jittery - the aircraft on which I try forming seems to jump back and forwards in flight - very annoying.

CHBTheDoctor
February 27th, 2010, 13:09
That idea is brilliant.

As he has the technique to steer the simulator he has "just" to make it go forward one frame, take the image, code it and next frame.

You could record the flight with moderate settings, providing good framerates for recording, then replay it maxed out for rendering.

BTW: the renderer in Lockon works the same way.