PDA

View Full Version : D-day!

paiken
February 25th, 2010, 13:25
As many of you here know, my wife has been in the hospital since Jan. 11 due to rejection of her liver transplant. She received a new liver on Jan. 18th, and after a very long and slow recovery, the doctors are releasing Joan tomorrow, February 26th. Such a long hospital stay is very unusual, but Joan had the highest MELD (mean end-stage liver disease) score ever transplanted here at the hospital, and they wanted to make sure there were no further problems. She is still experiencing some kidney problems (caused by the liver failure), but they seem to be coming back nicely, although not as fast as the doctors were hoping. Her physical and mental rehabilitation are coming along very nicely too. She was mostly bedridden for the last few months, so she's looking at some outpatient physical therapy for a couple of weeks to help rebuild her strength and stamina. All in all, it has been an extremely emotional time for our family, and all of the support from everyone here at SOH has helped me deal with that. So here's some virtual beer's for everyone (except Hannah, have your mom give you a virtual soda), and thank you.
:icon29::icon29::icon29::icon29::icon29::icon29:
Pat Aiken

lifejogger
February 25th, 2010, 13:37
Thanks for the virtual beers and I just want you to know that we will still keep her in our real prayers.

Toastmaker
February 25th, 2010, 14:27
It's good to hear that she's doing better. I hope that means you're doing better also! Best of luck to you both.

BOOM
February 25th, 2010, 14:44
Great to hear she's coming home Pat,that's a HUGE 1st step!! It will feel great for her to get some of her freedom and normalcy back in life!:salute:
Cheers Pat

jmig
February 25th, 2010, 14:52
Thank you for the update. We all share in your happiness over her status. may she continue to improve. That is my prayer and hope.

HouseHobbit
February 25th, 2010, 15:00
I am Overjoyed to hear of the progress..
I shall hold you Both in my Prayers..
THANK GOD..
:applause::applause::applause::applause:

GT182
February 25th, 2010, 15:02
That's great news Pat! Tell her we're still pullin for her..... "From the Outhouse With Love". :d

Curtis P40
February 25th, 2010, 15:53
:guinness: To a long and happy life togather...
Curt:kilroy:

brad kaste
February 25th, 2010, 15:58
....Good to hear the good new Pat.........