PDA

View Full Version : Question for Windows 7 and FSX users

Cerberus
February 25th, 2010, 08:33
What directory is FSX installed into on windows 7 Machines? Are there unique 32bit and 64bit directories?

Thanks<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Butcherbird17
February 25th, 2010, 09:35
In 64 bit it would go into: "Program Files (x86)" folder. This would be the default location for 32 bit programs.

Joe

Cerberus
February 25th, 2010, 09:37
I'm trying to help a friend install some planes. So any information would be great. A full directory I could copy and paste would be even better lol. They said the windows tech said to add 64 to the end of program files? That is what got me all confused.

Moparmike
February 25th, 2010, 09:57
If you're running the 32-bit OS, the program files folder will be just "Program Files".

If you're running the 64-bit OS, the default program files folder for 32-bit apps only will be "Program Files (x86)". For 64-bit apps, it will default to "Program Files".

Unless your friend has already done the FSX install, do him a favor and suggest that he not install it to the Program Files folder location. Rather, choose another folder that Windows UAC doesn't have control over (such as C:\Flightsims\...). This makes later tweaking much easier and prevents a few hiccups with some programs (like FSPanelStudio) that modifiy FSX files.

Moving this thread down to the Software Support forum.

Butcherbird17
February 25th, 2010, 10:05
Under Windows 7 x64 it would be here : C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes.

Joe