PDA

View Full Version : New Bonanza Pics New Bonanza Pics!!!!

ryanbatc
February 24th, 2010, 16:53
Yippe!!! WOOOOO! YYYEAHHH! :jump::jump::jump:

http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/incomings.php3

jmig
February 24th, 2010, 17:46
That looks another winner for Carenado.Love the VC.

modelr
February 24th, 2010, 18:10
Hope they do their V-35 also. The V tailed Bonanza is just sooo sexy looking. :wiggle:

Ken Stallings
February 24th, 2010, 18:43
In my opinion, Carenado has established themselves as the finest virtual aircraft design studio for general aviation aircraft. Their selection and quality is truly impressive.

I emailed them about doing a C-310R. They actually answered back saying it was on their long list!

It just seems to me they want to do a version of every classic GA airplane out there and that's a wonderful goal.

Ken

hews500d
February 24th, 2010, 18:59
Definitely one I'll be purchasing :jump::jump::jump:

Darrell

ryanbatc
February 24th, 2010, 19:11
Definitely one I'll be purchasing :jump::jump::jump:

Darrell

Ahhh YEEEAH!

Since I've been without the Dreamfleet A36 for FS9 :(

hews500d
February 24th, 2010, 19:15
Ahhh YEEEAH!

Since I've been without the Dreamfleet A36 for FS9 :(

I miss the Bonanza.....and Baron.... too.. I think I like the "older style" panel and yokes in this model though. This one looks like the best Carenado's done so far !

Darrell

Rezabrya
February 24th, 2010, 19:25
Too bad it'll be typical Carenado. Photofake VC with a decent exterior. You buy one Carenado plane and you have bought them all.

Javis
February 24th, 2010, 19:45
Too bad it'll be typical Carenado. Photofake VC with a decent exterior. You buy one Carenado plane and you have bought them all.

Sjeezzz, what nonsense, Rezabrya ! You don't like GA aircraft then ?

Do you have any idea how much work goes into photoreal texturing a VC ??.....

So what do *you* want them to design next ? An F-22 Raptor ??.....

Curious about what *your* fav FS aircraft model is then...

cheers,
Jan

cheezyflier
February 24th, 2010, 20:03
i love g/a but he's right about carenado. every vc is the same. not that it stopped me from getting the 206, 185, 152, and the cherokee. but would it really kill them to put a bendix unit in there?
also they have no plans on doing a 337, at least that's what they told me when i last sugested it.
there are a few other g/a aircraft they could do that i would consider, but i don't realy feel i need a bonanza (unless they do a v-tail) when i have the default mooney, their cherokee and piglet's AA5-B.
it'd be nice to see a twotter, and i'd be interested to see what they might do with a 208.

Javis
February 24th, 2010, 21:07
..every vc is the same.

If you mean by that : making sure you have full access to a RW specimen of a particular FS model you're going to design, get over there and shoot a truckload of photo's both inside and out, meticulously create textures out of these photo's and even more meticulously map them onto the mesh of your FS model, also both inside and out, then yes, all of the VC's of Carenado models are created the same. Created the same.... That's of course quite something else than : ' every VC is the same '....

Every Carenado VC is an exact digital-photoreal-replica of a particular RW GA aircraft's cockpit. What in heaven's name could anyone want more ???....... Saying that ' if you've seen one Carenado VC you've seen them all ' is like saying ' if you've seen one Piper or Beechcraft cockpit you've seen them all '. Like i said, utter nonsense. :costum:

also they have no plans on doing a 337, at least that's what they told me when i last sugested it.

That might have to do with the FSD 337..... ? Very nice if you ask me..., and if you ask *them* about a possible native FSX 337 the answer might well be very positive...

it'd be nice to see a twotter...

What's wrong with the Aerosoft Twotter ? Personally i love it. And naturally it is quite different from when Carenado would've designed it... :)

Also personally i can't wait for a native FSX DHC-3 Otter ( with P&W Wasp radial, not the turbo ) :cool:

cheers,
Jan

Lionheart
February 25th, 2010, 00:30
WOO HOOOOOO!

What a sweet looking model!

Now I'll need even more room in my hanger... arrghh...

Man that thing looks good. Even the seats and window sills look fantastic... and the landing gear.. and the rivet work on the skin... and... and...

Bill

Naki
February 25th, 2010, 01:50
Hmm cant see the right side of the cockpit...hope they dont plop the default GPS into the panel like the Mooney, Seneca etc

Brett_Henderson
February 25th, 2010, 02:58
When Carenado introduces a GA model... I get it first, ask questions later.. they've yet to let me down.

:salute:

gajit
February 25th, 2010, 03:04
When Carenado introduces a GA model... I get it first, ask questions later.. they've yet to let me down.

:salute:

You are so right with that. Always a high standard, good FPS and great value. :salute:

Henry
February 25th, 2010, 05:18
It looks Great!
im waiting for the 35 myself personal favorite:applause:
i have never had a single complaint from any carenado GA plane
myself, great value
H

lifejogger
February 25th, 2010, 07:54
:applause::applause::applause::applause: Gawd what would we do with Carenado.

rsgunner
February 25th, 2010, 08:23
The products have been outstanding. This will be added to my stable when it is released.:jump:

As a painter my only complaint was the lack of a layered paint kit and mirrored vertical stabilizers.
The 185's vertical stabilizer is not mirrored.

Russ

ryanbatc
February 25th, 2010, 12:01
I think they stopped mirroring after the Saratoga if I remember?

Anyway to people who say they should do 3D gauges or they all look the same ....

LOL

Carenado wouldn't be Carenado if they made 3D gauges. It's probably one of the reasons their planes are so FPS friendly. To the part about the panels looking the same. Yeah it's true they tend to reuse some gauges/radios but a lot of those older vintage GA planes look exactly like the Carenado models/VC's

Get RealAir or Lotus or A2A if you want 3D gauges

gajit
February 25th, 2010, 12:17
I think they stopped mirroring after the Saratoga if I remember?

Anyway to people who say they should do 3D gauges or they all look the same ....

LOL

Carenado wouldn't be Carenado if they made 3D gauges. It's probably one of the reasons their planes are so FPS friendly. To the part about the panels looking the same. Yeah it's true they tend to reuse some gauges/radios but a lot of those older vintage GA planes look exactly like the Carenado models/VC's

Get RealAir or Lotus or A2A if you want 3D gauges

Well said :applause::applause:

Rezabrya
February 25th, 2010, 12:17
I have all those you mentioned. It is fine to buy one or two of the Carenado planes, but to buy more than that makes you foolish. They are all too similar. My other planes are perfectly FPS friendly so that isn't a valid arguement.

doublecool
February 25th, 2010, 12:24
Call me a fool
but I likey :wavey:what they produce

Sky~6
February 25th, 2010, 13:36
I It is fine to buy one or two of the Carenado planes, but to buy more than that makes you foolish.

:icon_eek:

Very disrespectful.
The work they put into these, I appreciate them...I think they're beautiful..

Overshoe
February 25th, 2010, 14:33
Call me a fool
but I likey :wavey:what they produce

Me too, a willing fool. :salute:

Brett_Henderson
February 25th, 2010, 14:39
I have all those you mentioned. It is fine to buy one or two of the Carenado planes, but to buy more than that makes you foolish. They are all too similar. My other planes are perfectly FPS friendly so that isn't a valid arguement.

Hu ?

I'll agree that they're all alike , in that they're all high quality.. but every one is as unique as their real counter-parts.

res non verba
February 25th, 2010, 14:50
another excelent product from carenado, it will not be easy the waiting time till release! :jump:

MCDesigns
February 25th, 2010, 14:55

Not foolish if you like the similarities, it's what makes the plane a plane from Carenado. I for one, want to know what to expect , and it's those same simliarities that give me what I expect. A detailed model, both inside and out that still gives me great performance and great textures are what I look for in an addon most and they deliver everytime for me, so add me to the foolish list also, LOL:salute:

jmig
February 25th, 2010, 15:00
I will move into the fools line. I have, let's see, the Mentor, C-182RG, C-206, Piper Saratoga, and Mooney. Oh, and, I am not even a GA fan.

The Carenado aircraft are simple. GA aircraft are also simple. Seems like they match.

Slug Flyer
February 25th, 2010, 15:08
I have all those you mentioned. It is fine to buy one or two of the Carenado planes, but to buy more than that makes you foolish.

You have a real way with words, friend.

hews500d
February 25th, 2010, 15:14

That's strange, I don't find the Bonanza panel to look anything at all like the Piper panels or Cessna panels. Looks like totally different gauges to me.. then again maybe it's the "fool" in me not letting me see the similarities :icon_lol:

Darrell

Ken Stallings
February 25th, 2010, 15:29
Yeah it's true they tend to reuse some gauges/radios but a lot of those older vintage GA planes look exactly like the Carenado models/VC's.

That's exactly right! A Bendix-King KX-155 looks exactly the same nestled in a Cessna 172 as it does a Cessna 310R!

Cheers,

Ken

Henry
February 25th, 2010, 16:11
a fool im a blatant idiot :icon_lol:
an proud to say it
H

ryanbatc
February 25th, 2010, 16:33
You can see my reply above and I am absolutely for their work but I did notice the attitude indicator in that Bonanza looks exactly like the one in my Seneca hehe.... Maybe there were similar for those two models. I don't have any RW experience in that PA34 or BE33

Lionheart
February 25th, 2010, 16:37
<--- moves to the fools line, or other wise known Carenado Enthusiasts line.

If I could, I think I would own them all. Super high quality. If you know your Cessna's and Pipers, etc, you know the mild subtle differences; airspeeds, stalls, gauges, color schemes inside, sounds, etc.. Similar to comparing old and modern Grand Am's.

Bill

ryanbatc
February 25th, 2010, 16:39
Yeah I just hope they nail the FDE with this one. The Seneca and Arrow have some issues

jmig
February 25th, 2010, 16:48
You can see my reply above and I am absolutely for their work but I did notice the attitude indicator in that Bonanza looks exactly like the one in my Seneca hehe.... Maybe there were similar for those two models. I don't have any RW experience in that PA34 or BE33

Ryan, I am not sure if you are talking "Tongue-in-cheek" or not. :) So, I will answer the question as if it is real. Even if you were being "Tongue-in-cheek" maybe someone else will benefit from the answer.

The reason most GA aircraft have gauges that look the same is that only two or three companies built most of the analog gauges that went into legacy GA aircraft. Also, GA panels have been more or less standardized for over 40 years, so they will look very much the same.

Real world pilots like that. Familiarity is comforting and safer. When things start to go to $hit in a handbag, you don't want to be searching for gauges in a strange cockpit.

BTW- As a side note, American military aircraft (I don't know about others) also had standard gauges in the cockpits. I remember the engine gauges, ADI, and HSI that were in the T-38 were also in the B-52 and F-4. I know they were in a lot of the other military aircraft of my day.

ryanbatc
February 25th, 2010, 16:52
The reason most GA aircraft have gauges that look the same is that only two or three companies built most of the analog gauges that went into legacy GA aircraft. Also, GA panels have been more or less standardized for over 40 years, so they will look very much the same.

Hey yeah I was asking a real question there.... I forgot about that very aspect.... great point and probably explains a lot. I also looked on a.net and there were a few variates of gauges, but not that many.

Lionheart
February 25th, 2010, 17:06
Speaking of that, the Germans in WWII basically standardized all their gauges, even giving them exact serial numbers. Very few differences (though some) on the various faces. I guess this was so you could get into any Luftwaffe plane and know exactly what was what, and students learned with the same gauges that most fighters and bombers had.

With American General Aviation, you will have a common pattern of basic gauges in a common layout, nicknamed the '6-pack', (ASI, VSI, Altimeter, etc).

Ken Stallings
February 25th, 2010, 17:33
The standard GA steam gauge layout is termed "the Piper six pack." This is because Piper was first to use the layout where the airspeed gauge went into the upper left, the artificial horizon center top, the altimeter upper right, the turn coordinator lower left, the directional gyro (or HSI) center bottom, and the vertical velocity indicator lower right.

The reason the same gauges were used was rightly attributed to the limited number of companies who make certificated flight instruments and avionics.

One more vital point. Carenado also does outstanding flight models. Their T-34 Mentor was the first GA aircraft in FS2004 to properly replicate the characteristic high wing drop resulting from a power on or power off stall while in a turn. Since then, I have seen a few other design studios get this right. But Carenado was the first to replicate it.

If you didn't fly actual GA aircraft, you'd have no idea this was wrong or right, and I suspect to those who did not know, they might think it strange. I can understand that as the first time I did a stall in a turn it shocked the pee-total crap out of me when that high wing dropped down like a stone!

Cheers,

Ken

ryanbatc
February 25th, 2010, 17:37
I'd say their FDE's are poor generally. The Arrow and Seneca initial releases were way off. They patched the PA34 so it's a bit better but generally is still not flying more realistically.

piperarcherpilot
February 25th, 2010, 18:26
Regarding flight dynamics being off, I'm not sure what part...? I have plenty of real world PA44 time and enough PA34 time to discuss it, and believe me, what Carenado's planes fly like is pretty darn close to real life (prop behavior aside). One thing that lots of sim pilots were complaining about is how the Seneca rotates on takeoff, and claiming that the 'jump' into the air is unrealistic. Actually, thats how it is in real life with these aircraft (granted the PA34 is way less pronounced than the PA44). In the PA44 Seminole, its pretty annoying, actually. For example, in real life, no matter how smooth you are on the yoke its almost impossible to get the plane to rotate to take off attitude smoothly at published Vr. You have two options; either wait till your airspeed is about Vr + 10 kts, or, let it leap into the air (uncomfortable for passengers). I think Carenado's flight models are on par with the visuals. Sure, there are rough spots in them, but - they're pretty dang good.

My all time favorite plane to fly in real life was a E33C, took my Commercial and CFI checks in it. Carenado's looks absolutely great so far, inside and out! Brings back memories for sure! :applause:

Dexdoggy
February 25th, 2010, 18:45
Mooney, Cherokee, 152, 182RG, 172N Float and 185F - thus dumb and happy - that's me! :icon_lol:
And a Bonanza will be very hard for me to resist!

Ken Stallings
February 25th, 2010, 19:08
Regarding flight dynamics being off, I'm not sure what part...? I have plenty of real world PA44 time and enough PA34 time to discuss it, and believe me, what Carenado's planes fly like is pretty darn close to real life (prop behavior aside). One thing that lots of sim pilots were complaining about is how the Seneca rotates on takeoff, and claiming that the 'jump' into the air is unrealistic. Actually, thats how it is in real life with these aircraft (granted the PA34 is way less pronounced than the PA44). In the PA44 Seminole, its pretty annoying, actually. For example, in real life, no matter how smooth you are on the yoke its almost impossible to get the plane to rotate to take off attitude smoothly at published Vr. You have two options; either wait till your airspeed is about Vr + 10 kts, or, let it leap into the air (uncomfortable for passengers). I think Carenado's flight models are on par with the visuals. Sure, there are rough spots in them, but - they're pretty dang good.

My all time favorite plane to fly in real life was a E33C, took my Commercial and CFI checks in it. Carenado's looks absolutely great so far, inside and out! Brings back memories for sure! :applause:

With PIC time in the C-172, Baron 55, Aerostar, Seminole, and C-310R I was going to say everything in my virtual hangar with Carenado on the label flies as realistically as any virtual aircraft have.

Each person has a right to his opinion, but I confess I find some of the comments here vexing as they don't match my personal experience.

Regarding the Seminole, I still remember when taking off how I had to rotate to lift off and then push the yoke forward to keep the climb out under control. No other aircraft I've flown has such a requirement. So, you are right!

Cheers,

Ken

arrowmaker
February 28th, 2010, 08:32
I like Carenado a lot. They are easy on the eye and, has already been mentioned, they tend to be FP friendly. Where they tend to fall down, sometimes, is the flight model. However this usually gets fixed pretty quickly, if not by Carenado themselves then by a third party on some forum or other. The one model I really wish they would revisit is the Centurion. However this, probably, has more to do with the fact that it was, if I remember correctly, the first payware aircraft that I ever flew (FS2002).