PDA

View Full Version : Emma Field Rising Again

falcon409
November 6th, 2008, 04:13
There has been some resurgence of threads related to Emma_X over at the Emma Field Forums these days. Bill Womack has posted some updated shots of the terrain around Emma and discussions are ongoing on timing for moving "beta testers" into the mix. . . .possibly next month sometime.

One issue that seems to have been decided at an early stage was the relative positioning of Emma FS9 and Emma_X to each other in Multiplayer situations. In other words, if we were to do an Emma Field Fly-In. . .open to all Emma users obviously, the two will not synch. So depending on which version you are flying, those in the other version would appear somewhere else in the landscape. Bill mentioned, when answering my question about this very thing, that due to terrain issues, he had to move the main rwy/taxiway area about 400 meters (about the length of 4 football fields) to the southwest to get it back on flatter ground.

I look forward to the release and since I have Emma loaded on FS9 and fly there several times a week I'll have a choice as to which one to fly from at any given time, but it's unfortunate that the two could not be somehow "overlapping" to make the experience even better for all.

To Bill and the Emma_X team. . .keep the fires burning, we're all looking forward to the next release of Emma Field.:applause:

Dain Arns
November 6th, 2008, 04:33
It was that earthquake back in "aught eight". Moved the airport 400m. Miraculously, no damage to the field or buildings. :costumes:

Tweek
November 6th, 2008, 05:51
It was that earthquake back in "aught eight". Moved the airport 400m. Miraculously, no damage to the field or buildings. :costumes:

In fact, they look better and more detailed than before! :d

falcon409
November 6th, 2008, 20:03
Thanks for those informative and thread related posts guys. . .always nice to get constructive input. . .and now back to the original thought. . .this was posted this afternoon by Bill Womack over at the Emma Field Forum:

". . . . .Now I admit, I'm not much of a multiplayer flier. When planning Emma X, I didn't give much consideration to whether online users would be able to interact with pilots in the previous version. My eyes are now opened! So much so, in fact, that I did some tweaking with my files this afternoon, and managed to plop "new" Emma right smack dab on top of where "old" Emma was. Sorry if I got anyone too bent out of shape. False alarm -- we'll be compatible location-wise with the previous version after all. . . . . ."

That's great news for Emma Lovers everywhere. . .thanks Bill.:ernae::ernae:

Francois
November 6th, 2008, 23:24
All is well again....... Beta testers will however NOT be in the mix yet next month... that's for Tongass Fjords X ! :d

Dain Arns
November 7th, 2008, 14:41
Thanks for those informative and thread related posts guys. . .

Oh hey, you're more than welcome there, Big Guy....

Guess it all worked out just okey-dokey in the end.

falcon409
November 7th, 2008, 16:00
Oh hey, you're more than welcome there, Big Guy....Guess it all worked out just okey-dokey in the end.
lol:costumes: