PDA

View Full Version : WIP Skip bombing

Talon
February 24th, 2010, 13:25
I've been doing some work on the B-25 to have it skip bomb.I did not come up with this concept someone else did in CFS2 and it worked well,so I'm not taking any credit for it.My thought was maybe it will work in CFS3 also and started working on it.I've had great succes with it.

First I made a bomb into a torpedo and it worked great for the player aircraft but ai's would crash doing the attack.

Next I fixed an airfile and cfg file.Now the ai planes attack without crashing.

I have the B-25 setup to carry 6 skip bombs ( small torpedoes ) and will launch one at a time.

I know it's not a true skip bomb but it is a work around that works really well.

Talon

O-1Driver
February 25th, 2010, 05:23
I've been doing some work on the B-25 to have it skip bomb.I did not come up with this concept someone else did in CFS2 and it worked well,so I'm not taking any credit for it.My thought was maybe it will work in CFS3 also and started working on it.I've had great succes with it.

First I made a bomb into a torpedo and it worked great for the player aircraft but ai's would crash doing the attack.

Next I fixed an airfile and cfg file.Now the ai planes attack without crashing.

I have the B-25 setup to carry 6 skip bombs ( small torpedoes ) and will launch one at a time.

I know it's not a true skip bomb but it is a work around that works really well.

Talon

Al, nice work. This will be a good addition to the PTO update to be released in 2010. Do you need any new effects for it?

Steve

Talon
February 25th, 2010, 15:50
Al, nice work. This will be a good addition to the PTO update to be released in 2010. Do you need any new effects for it?

Steve

Steve,doesn't seem to be any interest so it looks like a waste of time.So be it.

Talon

HouseHobbit
February 25th, 2010, 16:05
No interest... I am very interested..
I have been trying to work up Para bombs and this has my attention to say the least..
BRAVO..

thrasmussen
February 25th, 2010, 17:01
How do those parabombs work anyway?

HouseHobbit
February 25th, 2010, 17:06
I have set up a Para with a Bomb attached,
they work well with the 250Lb and 500 Lb bombs but the larger Bombs tend to break free of the Para and free fall
Then the para's float slowly down.
i am trying to work out a way to correct this..

Pat Pattle
February 25th, 2010, 22:56
Steve,doesn't seem to be any interest so it looks like a waste of time.So be it.

Don't be disheartened! There's ALWAYS interest in new developments:applause:, we may not add replies but were are reading the posts, check the number of views.

I was going to contact you about this anyway, it has implications for a project that could use a similar 'skipping bomb' style effect ;)

Frosty
February 25th, 2010, 23:01
I was going to contact you about this anyway, it has implications for a project that could use a similar 'skipping bomb' style effect ;)

A certain assignment for No. 617 Squadron, Clive?

Talon
February 27th, 2010, 07:48
I have the B-25 and A-20 setup for Skipbombing.All works well.

Talon

O-1Driver
March 1st, 2010, 04:54
Guys, for more info on this weapon you can read here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skip_bombing

There will be two different skip bombs one US and the other British but the British weapon and information is classified.

O-1

swpierce
March 1st, 2010, 05:16
...but the British weapon and information is classified.

O-1

I am sure that no one will chastise you for keeping that one in the dark.

ndicki
March 1st, 2010, 09:37
We wouldn't want the enemy coasting ahead, would we? What a moaner, damn!

O-1Driver
March 1st, 2010, 11:23
We wouldn't want the enemy coasting ahead, would we? What a moaner, damn!

I think Clive is working on something with the other skip bomb. Maybe some kind of big barrel or something. I understand the mission is top secret and will be flown in the dead of night.:)

Steve

Talon
March 1st, 2010, 11:29
Roll out the barrel and we'll have a barrel of fun.You mean the Polka right?Who has the beer?:icon_lol:

Talon