PDA

View Full Version : Flight Sim Deal of the Day discussion topic

DennyA
February 24th, 2010, 08:55
This week I discovered www.flightsimdealoftheday.com, which offers FS downloads at a steep discount for one day only. (It's run by PC Aviator.) The last couple of days I picked up MegaScenery Oahu and Vegas for $5 each. Thought it'd be good to have one topic where we could discuss the deal of the day, rather than seeing new ones pop up daily, since the deal changes very 24 hours!

Today's deal is the Wilco A400M for half-price. Probably not going to bite on that one, as I have the CS C130, and I don't think the A400M is an FSX SDK plane.

MCDesigns
February 24th, 2010, 09:32
Personally I'd rather just see a topic pop up with individual sales, but that is just me.

I also got the Vegas deal and am hoping for the nemeth EC135 at one point since the CH53 was on sale the other day and the eurocopter is one I don't have, gotta love sales!

peter12213
February 24th, 2010, 13:31
Personally I'd rather just see a topic pop up with individual sales, but that is just me.

I also got the Vegas deal and am hoping for the nemeth EC135 at one point since the CH53 was on sale the other day and the eurocopter is one I don't have, gotta love sales!

Its a great aircraft the EC135 too I personally love it!

modelr
February 24th, 2010, 18:16
I grabbed the Wilco A400M today, but then, when I started to download it, I finally saw, all the way near the bottom of the page... This aircraft will not work with 64bit systems. It will only work on 32bit systems.

But I just upgraded to 64bit!!! :isadizzy: :pop4:

Oh well, $12.48 out the window. It will sit in the storage depot until I decide to fire up my old puter, I guess.

flaviossa
February 24th, 2010, 18:21
Some wilco airplanes states that they are not 64 bits compliant, but they work in it! If i was you, i would give a try .... who knows??? :engel016:
In wilco site, they states that this aircraft in win7 64 bits is in "test in progress". So ............

N2056
February 24th, 2010, 18:22
To do so would seem to me like a great free ad for the retailer...not really what I come here for.

modelr
February 24th, 2010, 18:25
Some wilco airplanes states that they are not 64 bits compliant, but they work in it! If i was you, i would give a try .... who knows??? :engel016:

Thanks, will give it a try later.

rayhere48
February 24th, 2010, 20:29
I also would like to get the plane but stopped short when I saw the 64bit problem. Let me know if it works. I will miss this time but they might have it again some time.

olaf1924
February 24th, 2010, 20:51
I found that when the weekend comes around you get another chance to purchase the prior week sale items. I purchased the megascenery earth sections for the grand canyon on a sunday five days after the daily sale.

Dain Arns
February 25th, 2010, 07:17
To do so would seem to me like a great free ad for the retailer...not really what I come here for.

I understand your concerns, Robert.

I have to say though, it is part of why I come here to SOH everyday.
To see what the new releases are for the day, either freeware or payware, or what great deals are to be had.

Take for example Bill's Epic today at 50% off.
With my limited budget for the moment, that makes it something I have wanted and is on my "Wish List", that I can afford to move to the "Own List" today.
And it will be handy come next years RTWR. :applause:

Henry
February 25th, 2010, 08:08
There is nothing wrong with free advertising in my personal opinion
believe me if people do not like it
there will be a few posts
i like to see whats coming, what deals are out there
H

MCDesigns
February 25th, 2010, 09:40
While I don't have a specific job description as a staff member I like to think a big part of it is keeping members informed on what is coming out for there sim enjoyment, so threads on upcoming releases and specials while they may seem like advertising are a big part of this forum IMO.

One of the things that drew me to SOH was panther and his posts about upcoming releases, it became a routine for me to look for his posts.

Sky~6
February 25th, 2010, 13:44
Guys, Is this website legit...and designers here can verify this is an ok operation to buy from..?

Thanks,

Sky

Overshoe
February 25th, 2010, 14:29
Guys, Is this website legit...and designers here can verify this is an ok operation to buy from..?

Thanks,

Sky

It’s owned and operated by PC Aviator Inc (www.pcaviator.com (http://www.pcaviator.com/))

pilottj
February 25th, 2010, 16:45
They had Bill's Epic on there today and I bought it. I had contemplated getting it before and the original price wasnt bad, when I saw this I jumped on it.

ryanbatc
February 25th, 2010, 16:46

Thanks,

Sky

Completely.

I've bought a few things from them zero issues!

Henry
February 25th, 2010, 17:00
just my personal thoughts about "free advertising"
isnt that what we want?
we love to know whats coming, whats on sale
the only time i have a problem is when
joe blow comes out with something and posts
and fred smith starts saying its not as good as ours
thats where i draw the line
H

Tweek
February 25th, 2010, 17:09
just my personal thoughts about "free advertising"
isnt that what we want?
we love to know whats coming, whats on sale

Precisely. The whole point of advertising is to inform people about what's available, and where better to advertise FS related stuff than on a FS forum?!

Lionheart
February 25th, 2010, 17:10
Same here... Find the bargains, share the details on where and how much.

:ernae:

....almost sounds like women talking about what shopping mall is having a sale on shoes and purses, lol...

N2056
February 25th, 2010, 17:17
You guys are right...
I've been a bit worn out from the current real life job, and I'm afraid I was a bit cranky last night and allowed it to show in a 'quick draw' post :redface:

Henry
February 25th, 2010, 18:22
You guys are right...
I've been a bit worn out from the current real life job, and I'm afraid I was a bit cranky last night and allowed it to show in a 'quick draw' post :redface:
well we all have real life issues and that just makes us human
one of the drawbacks of the internet
thanks
H

DennyA
February 25th, 2010, 20:10
Yeah, and as far as advertising goes, just want to clarify I have zero affiliation with the site other than being a serial customer of theirs. :)

I just love it because, frankly, with the amount of time I have to play sims, it's pretty rare that I'm going to spend enough time with any add-on to justify spending anything north of $25 on it, and even that much investment's for something special. But at the prices things go for there, I can indulge myself in an impulse buy occasionally even if I know it's something I'll only fly for a couple of hours in the end.

Lateral-G
February 26th, 2010, 06:15
I think it's a good idea to post flight sim deals guys are able to find but having a single topic or thread means timely stuff could get lost in the weeds. Especially if someone new to the thread starts reading. It could take them a while to get to the info they would need for that day. And by then it could be too late.

I think it's better to post separate topics/threads as the deals occur.

just my nickel's worth.

-G-

DennyA
February 26th, 2010, 08:47
Today's deal is the Perfect Flight MD-11. I actually like airliners, but I've hated few planes more than the MD-11, so no deal there. (Plus I'm pretty sure the model is FS9 SDK.)

Bjoern
February 26th, 2010, 09:00
(Plus I'm pretty sure the model is FS9 SDK.)

(...and doesn't look like payware.)

The deals are valid internationally, right?

I might buy from there once something interesting pops up.

Lateral-G
February 26th, 2010, 10:08
(...and doesn't look like payware.)

The deals are valid internationally, right?

I might buy from there once something interesting pops up.

I'm waiting for the A2A P-40C to show up.............

-G-

Martyn
March 1st, 2010, 06:11

The EC-135 is up there now: http://www.flightsimdealoftheday.com/home.php

MCDesigns
March 1st, 2010, 06:36
The EC-135 is up there now: http://www.flightsimdealoftheday.com/home.php

WOOHOO! see, good things do come to those that wait, LOL. Thanks for the HU!

Hmmm, let's see what else I can wish for..........................

Lionheart
March 1st, 2010, 09:39
Thats a beauty of a helo!

Thanks for the HU.

Bill

DennyA
March 8th, 2010, 08:42
I got all excited because today's deal was the SkyUnlimited Texans, but then I realized it's Volume 1, not the new one with the SNJ/carrier. Still, sweet looking package for $9.99.

Skittles
March 8th, 2010, 09:00
I got all excited because today's deal was the SkyUnlimited Texans, but then I realized it's Volume 1, not the new one with the SNJ/carrier. Still, sweet looking package for $9.99.

I was disappointed as well :icon_lol:

Still, I suppose that as long as the new version is selling extremely well (whcih I imagine it is) they're not going to chuck it on sale.

The one plane I REALLY want and still havn't got is the RealAir Spitfire. I might Email them and see if they accept requests!

Cerberus
March 8th, 2010, 13:51

I don't think Pcaviator even has Volume 2 up for the full price in their regular store. I sent them it some time ago, but I guess they have been very busy with the deal of the days. Probably will be a good while before we can offer it on sale.

DennyA
March 8th, 2010, 19:47
Well, Volume 2 is a great deal at the retail price, Jesse, particularly with the SOH deal! The $9.99 seemed too good to be true given how new it is, and at $21, nobody can complain about the price.

DennyA
March 15th, 2010, 06:48
Today's deal is the Area 51M C-5M Super Galaxy for half-price.

Haven't heard much about this bird... Is it an FSX SDK plane?

CG_1976
March 15th, 2010, 07:00
Today's deal is the Area 51M C-5M Super Galaxy for half-price.

Haven't heard much about this bird... Is it an FSX SDK plane?

She appears FSX native. Has two mdl's ext and int. DDS format textures and does preform under DX10.

anthony31
April 3rd, 2010, 01:32
Just checked out the flight sim deal of the day website and

"Easter Weekend Promo - All Deals Offered In March Repeated This Easter Weekend.
Save Up to 90%. Ends 9 am Tuesday 6 April USA EDT"

I counted 20 different products on the page so if you missed one of the deals this month now is the time to get it!

arrowmaker
April 3rd, 2010, 04:55
Bill's Tailwind is only $7.98. Practically giving it away. If I didn't already have it I'd be hitting my credit card like greased lightning. Best deal on there, as far as I'm concerned, followed closely by the Kodiak.