PDA

View Full Version : Repaint of Convair CV580

heliman206
February 23rd, 2010, 17:34
Hey everyone I was just wondering if any talented repinter out there is open to a request? I have been desperately searching for a repaint of Calclassics Convair CV580 in the colors of Conair for FSX and can not find one. I have however found one for FS9 but it will not display correctly for me. I tried to learn how to repaint but I just cant do it. I am currently designing some freeware scenery for firefighting in Canada and am trying to find a repainter to paint this aircraft for me for the scenery.

Bjoern
February 24th, 2010, 13:44
In what way doesn't it display correctly for you?

heliman206
February 24th, 2010, 18:28
The windows are all blacked out.

Bjoern
February 24th, 2010, 19:03
All blacked out where? Exterior? VC?

heliman206
February 24th, 2010, 19:52
They are blacked out on the exterior of the aircraft.

Bjoern
February 24th, 2010, 20:25
Try the following:

- Delete all textures *except* "cv580left_t.bmp" and "cv580right_t.bmp" from the texture folder of your current CV-580 installation.
- Get the latest CV-580 basepack from Calclassic.com and copy the texture files from the texture folder to the texture folder of your currently installed CV-580. Don't overwrite the two files above.

That might work.

You could also try it the other way 'round. First install the basepack, then install the repaint, then copy over all textures except the ones mentioned above from the default paint to your new repaint.