PDA

View Full Version : Oh I do like to be beside the (virtual) seaside

Pat Pattle
February 23rd, 2010, 13:34
More useless eye candy I'm afraid, quite useful for VFR flying though.

I've got a thing about seaside piers, just love 'em. Very British, very old fashioned.:unitedkingdom:
There's about 15 or so around the southern coasts I plan on representing, all closed for the duration, of course - need to add some barbed wire!

Tis one is based loosely on Llandudno in N Wales, the textures are from snaps I took on me hols a few years ago, my daughter :naturesm:bought some shells from the nearest kiosk. Ahhh...I can almost smell the candy floss! Tray of whelks anyone?? :icon_lol:

thrasmussen
February 23rd, 2010, 14:15
The more the merrier!:applause:

Bravo/4
February 23rd, 2010, 15:14
Great Stuff Clive, I like it a lot!:mixedsmi:

grizzly50
February 23rd, 2010, 16:08
:kilroy:Clive, one question.

Where are all the babes? LOL

Looks really good otherewise, bud.:d

hairyspin
February 23rd, 2010, 21:36
Please, no jellied eels! :barf:

ndicki
February 23rd, 2010, 22:25
I want a stick of rock!

Brilliant idea, Clive!

Did you hear about Brighton pier that they've just finally pulled down? Sad day.

flashgordon
February 24th, 2010, 00:12
Now if I remember Dad's Army correctly, the pier at Frinton-on-Sea had a section of planking removed to foil the hun leaving just a single plank for the Home Guard to access the invasion listening post on the end. Both ends of the pier would have been festooned with barbed wire whilst the beach would have been mined with coils of barbed wire above high water mark.

Depictions of Jonesy should of course be with bayonet fixed whilst Private Walker would have liberated a kiss me quick hat from somewhere!

ndicki
February 24th, 2010, 03:26
Yessss... In amongst all the other junk, what about Jonesy's butcher's van? Open two three, out two three, bang two three, bang two three...

hairyspin
February 24th, 2010, 10:42
You're out of ammunition! Fix bayonets... give 'em the old cold steel.... they don't like it, Captain Mannering, they dont like it! :pop4: wakes up muttering they don't make 'em like they used to....

FAFL342Pascal
February 25th, 2010, 01:02
Brighton pier is down ? ohh i had so sweet walk on it.

Please make it revival through CFS3

Great job Clive for that build !

ndicki
February 25th, 2010, 01:33
Graham Greene must be turning in his grave...

Pat Pattle
February 25th, 2010, 03:20
Brighton pier is down ? ohh i had so sweet walk on it.

It's the old west pier that's gone, the famous one is the Palace pier which is still very much there. :)

ndicki
February 25th, 2010, 04:57
Oh, well, in that case... I've never actually been to Brighton, I'm proud to say! I thought there was only the one... :redface:

chriseponymous
February 25th, 2010, 13:56
Great model Clive! The detail on it is fantastic. Does this mean we can hold a Birdman Rally now!?!

ndicki
February 25th, 2010, 23:09
Will there be seaside organ effects, too? And animated roundabouts? All this austerity stuff is boring!