PDA

View Full Version : NEWS!! VIDEO PREVIEW of the ALL-NEW CONCORDE-X from Flight Sim Lab ! Stunning add-on!

mhimhi
February 23rd, 2010, 13:15
O3e5i6SGOtA

kilo delta
February 23rd, 2010, 13:34
WOW! *sound of jaw hitting the floor*

Awesome video!:applause:

Mr.Mugel
February 23rd, 2010, 13:34
Great video, the flyby with the Arrows was very nice! Looks like a good model!

kilo delta
February 23rd, 2010, 13:42
I thought that they looked more like the PAF Alpha Jets?

Yep....definitely Alpha Jets of the Patrouille de France.

SirBenn21
February 23rd, 2010, 13:45
WOW - Will this be PMDG quality?

limjack
February 23rd, 2010, 13:49
That was COOL!

Jim

mhimhi
February 23rd, 2010, 16:16
thanks to all i made the video but quality is like PMDG !! Very Cool model and sistems too, It has been devenloped for one year and half!!!

JamesChams
February 23rd, 2010, 16:25
:jump:Fantastic, Mr. "Mhimhi"!!! :jump:

Only thing I though you might want to know is that civil flights above 250Knots is NOT permitted below 10,000ft; except in Hollywood - where its looks real cool to watch... You are definitely going to be giving, Mr. Cody, Mr. Xavier, and Mr. Patrick some Video-competition in the FS entertainment industry this week. :icon_lol: But, as far as I'm concerned, all you guys totally "R :pop4: ck" when it comes to making these FS videos! :salute:

I especially like the way the Mach shock-wave broke all the tower's windows at (I think) Charles de Gaulle Airport. And, was extrememly impressed with, I guess, the Red Arrows performing demonstrations with the Concorde; don't know how you pulled that off, but it was great to see done in FSX; outstanding! :applause: Where can I download the 1080p video?

PS: I hope this Concorde X is to FSX as the VRS' F-18 SuperBug has been/will-be to Military Jet fans; with completely-operable INS, etc. :mixedsmi:

Grazie! :wavey:

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Spiritual_Journey.html)

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

cheezyflier
February 23rd, 2010, 17:14
very nice, has anyone mentioned a price yet?

Cag40Navy
February 23rd, 2010, 17:16
I cant wait! thanks!

mhimhi
February 23rd, 2010, 18:19
:jump:Fantastic, Mr. "Mhimhi"!!! :jump:

Only thing I though you might want to know is that civil flights above 250Knots is NOT permitted below 10,000ft; except in Hollywood - where its looks real cool to watch... You are definitely going to be giving, Mr. Cody, Mr. Xavier, and Mr. Patrick some Video-competition in the FS entertainment industry this week. :icon_lol: But, as far as I'm concerned, all you guys totally "R :pop4: ck" when it comes to making these FS videos!

I especially like the way the Mach shock-wave broke all the tower's windows at (I think) Charles de Gaulle Airport. And, was extrememly impressed with, I guess, the Red Arrows performing demonstrations with the Concorde; don't know how you pulled that off, but it was great to see done in FSX; outstanding! :applause: Where can I download the 1080p video?

PS: I hope this Concorde X is to FSX as the VRS' F-18 SuperBug has been/will-be to Military Jet fans; with completely-operable INS, etc

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Spiritual_Journey.html)

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

THANKS TO ALL!!!:ernae:

about the speed, perhaps did u read it on cessna altimeter? Cause it's displaiyng almost 16.000 feet i believe...:jump: So i might be whithin terms, didn't i??

about formation, these are Alpha Jet PAF patrouille de france....

About 1080p file to downlaod u can check my vimeo channel "roberto conti" i think in a 3o 4 hours it will be avaiable!!!

For the rest, thanks alot for nice things u state here!!!!:icon_lol::icon_lol:

JamesChams
February 23rd, 2010, 19:25
Mr. Roberto Conti "Mhimhi,"

THANKS TO ALL!!!:ernae:
Thank you very much; It was very entertaining... :wavey:

about the speed, perhaps did u read it on cessna altimeter? Cause it's displaiyng almost 16.000 feet i believe...:jump: So i might be whithin terms, didn't i??Actually, that is another incorrect issue which I didn't mention, as I felt one critical comment is sometime enough. But, please don't misunderstand why & what I'm saying here. I think your movies are fantastic... however, Hollywood has technical advisors to make sure that they are "correct." As a pilot, I am also trained to do spot and educate non-pilots of realities, so please forgive me if I seem to be critical or rude in any way; that couldn't be further from the truth. I like and respect your work very much and want to see it look right as well. :salute: I guess that I'm being your unsolicited technical advisor...:kilroy:

So, to answer your question - a NON cabin-pressurized aircraft, like a Cessna 152/172/182 is naturally NOT capable of actually flying at 16,000ft MSL. For two reason, engine performance wouldn't allow it and at an altitude above 14,000ft the pilot would require oxygen, not only to be "legal" but also to live. If you want to know more, I'll be happy to share it with you (maybe privately). But, as I say, this was another issue entirely. But, the two main issues was the velocity of the Concorde's from departure and for "legal" reasons, Mach capable aircraft are restricted to specific altitudes and areas before they are clear to transition into those velocities. Also, it the primary responsibiity of ATC to maintain aircraft seperation for aircraft operation under part 121, 135 or any other IFR-ONLY based environments (which this aircraft is strictly-restricted to) and that usually does NOT allow them to come into such close contact with a single engine prop. However, for the purpose of "shock", it looked better to have that part overlooked so it looks cool in the video. :applause: Its little things like this that most people don't know so I though that sharing it with you, as it might enhance the look and believability of your next videos, which I very much hope you continue to do.:engel016:

about formation, these are Alpha Jet PAF patrouille de france.... I knew I wasn't correct about those aircraft; thanks for letting me know. Now, what & where is this product made available?

About 1080p file to downlaod u can check my vimeo channel "roberto conti" i think in a 3o 4 hours it will be avaiable!!! OK, will wait...:jump:

mhimhi
February 23rd, 2010, 21:46

Thank you very much; It was very entertaining... :wavey:

Actually, that is another.................................. as it might enhance the look and believability of your next videos, which I very much hope you continue to do.:engel016:

I knew I wasn't correct about those aircraft; thanks for letting me know. Now, what & where is this product made available?

OK, will wait...:jump:

:jump:

ehi thank u!! Ur very "usefull"!! eh eh! However, sometimes for cinematic needs i go beyond some tecnical limit cause it's enjoyable to make something "exceptional":icon_lol::icon_lol: For example did u remember the short film about md11 landing on a car in highway?? It's no possible actually but it's funny!! eh eh!! Or two 747 that chase each other? To crate shock, it's funny seeing those plane passing so close!

thanks again, u'll be my tecnical advisor!!:applause:

bstolle
February 23rd, 2010, 23:19
@mhimhi,

Be careful if you choose james chams as your advisor. He's just doing a lot of talking and most things are simply wrong.
1. 'Heavy' planes like the 767, DC-10 e.g. have minimum clean speeds after take-off which are higher than 250kts.
Neither does the Concorde fly at 250kts until 10000ft in the drag producing vortex lift condition, nor do the 'Heavies' keep their flaps and slats extended to stay within the 'james chams' limit. ;)
2. In Europe, Asia etc.. ATC can ask you to fly much faster e.g. 320kts below 10000ft.
3. Last but not least even the non-pressurized standard Piper Super Cub has a service ceiling of 19000ft
The world record altitude from 1951 (30200ft).....was also flown in a Super Cub

BTW, superb video!!!

JamesChams
February 24th, 2010, 05:25
:jump:

ehi thank u!! Ur very "usefull"!! eh eh! However, sometimes for cinematic needs i go beyond some tecnical limit cause it's enjoyable to make something "exceptional":icon_lol::icon_lol: For example did u remember the short film about md11 landing on a car in highway?? It's no possible actually but it's funny!! eh eh!! Or two 747 that chase each other? To crate shock, it's funny seeing those plane passing so close!

thanks again, u'll be my tecnical advisor!!:applause:

Your very welcome!!! I got your PM, and sent you a response... :salute:
PS: I totally love your MD11 movie... :jump::applause:

Ciao! :wavey:

Also, just FYI for those interested, here is the FAA regulation for the speed and altitudes restrictions:

"FAR/AIM Part 91.117 a). Unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator, no person may operate an aircraft below 10,000 feet MSL at an indicated airspeed of more than 250knots (288 m.p.h.).

[docket no 18334, 54 FR 34292, Aug 18, 1989;as amended by Amdt. 91-219, 55 FR 34708, Aug. 24, 1990; Amdt. 91-227, 56 FR 65657, Dec. 17, 1991; Amdt. 91-233, 58 FR 43554, Aug. 17, 1993]"

And, here is the FAA regulation for the Oxygen requirements:

"FAR/AIM Part 91.211 (a) General. No person may operate a civil aircraft of U.S. registry-
(1) At cabin pressure altitudes above 12,500 feet (MSL) up to and including 14,000 feet (MSL) unless the required minimum flight crew is provided with and use supplemental oxygen for that part of the flight at those altitudes that is of more than 30 minutes duration;
(2) At cabin pressure altitudes above 14,000 feet (MSL) unless the required minimum flight crew is provided with and uses supplemental oxygen during the entire flight time at those altitudes; and ..."

and if anyone wants, I'll be happy to pullout the Cessna 152/172/182 Pilot Operating Handbook (POH) for flight performance characteristics of fuel-injected or carburated prop engines showing that these engines cannot perform at those altitudes and only have a service celing of no more than 14,000 ft. While there are some aircraft that have super-chargers, RAM induction, etc. these DO NOT.

Hope this helps, Capt "BS"! :salute:

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

SkippyBing
February 24th, 2010, 05:54
"FAR/AIM Part 91.117 a). Unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator, no person may operate an aircraft below 10,000 feet MSL at an indicated airspeed of more than 250knots (288 m.p.h.).

[docket no 18334, 54 FR 34292, Aug 18, 1989;as amended by Amdt. 91-219, 55 FR 34708, Aug. 24, 1990; Amdt. 91-227, 56 FR 65657, Dec. 17, 1991; Amdt. 91-233, 58 FR 43554, Aug. 17, 1993]"

Does that count if you're receiving an Air Traffic service? Generally it won't, hence the 'Unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator' disclaimer. Plus bear in mind the FAA regulations only apply to US airspace anyway, I'd have to check but I think the 250kt limit only applies in the UK in the open FIR, INCAS ATC have more leeway.

"FAR/AIM Part 91.211 (a) General. No person may operate a civil aircraft of U.S. registry-
(1) At cabin pressure altitudes above 12,500 feet (MSL) up to and including 14,000 feet (MSL) unless the required minimum flight crew is provided with and use supplemental oxygen for that part of the flight at those altitudes that is of more than 30 minutes duration;
(2) At cabin pressure altitudes above 14,000 feet (MSL) unless the required minimum flight crew is provided with and uses supplemental oxygen during the entire flight time at those altitudes; and ..."

The supplemental oxygen bit is your get out clause here, I seem to recall you get these green bottles of the stuff and a little facemask, you don't need the full jet jockey get up. As for engine performance all I'll say is the Cessna 152/172/182 POH isn't an exhaustive document on piston engine performance.

Spilot69
February 24th, 2010, 05:56
James sg38 is correct. Atc can allow you to go faster and for the concorde they had special departure procedures and I believed were allowed to go faster than 250 knots will have to watch my video again. And you can have supplemental o2. Sportys sells them lol and can go above 12,500 feet. Plus the video is simulation and fun. It's nice not to have to worry about FAA cops in sim world lol.

bstolle
February 24th, 2010, 06:15
SkippyBing & Spilot69. James is well known with his limited knowledge and as a wannabe corporate jet pilot (fake plane & pilot photographs available) in various forums. The problem is that you are probably going to receive threatening & aggressive PMs from him if you dare to question his statements... :(
Just guess what the polite captain BS stands for.....sigh....but maybe the moderators of SOH can stop that soon...

JamesChams
February 24th, 2010, 06:57
Mr. "SkippyBing,"

Does that count if you're receiving an Air Traffic service? Generally it won't, hence the 'Unless otherwise authorized by the Administrator' disclaimer. Plus bear in mind the FAA regulations only apply to US airspace anyway, I'd have to check but I think the 250kt limit only applies in the UK in the open FIR, INCAS ATC have more leeway.

No, that is NOT what that means... For aircraft that weigh 12,500lbs or greater and are NOT single-pilot rated they are restricted to operating under certain regulations [which are covered under FAR/FC (Flight Crew)] so, unlike what you'll see done in FS, in the real-world these aircraft are mostly prohibited from operating in to and out of any CLASS B, C, D, or E airspace without ATC services of some kind and NOT AT ALL if under IMC in IFR where ATC is REQUIRED. This REQUIREMENT is both by LAW and for safety reasons. But, I need to clarify that my speed correction statement regarding the video was catered to flying at Mach 2 below the flight levels and especially on a departure route and NOT in the cruise. So, that was the part that's "NOT Real/Legal." Also, the FAA (here in the U.S.) has established the Airway regulations (for the most part Globally) and other Administrative agencies adopted those regulations but for some special reason have certain differences depending on specific needs for the areas of intended use. So, unless specifically stated for a region or airport, they are virtualy universal. But, there are also some major differences, (e.g. like here in the U.S. we don't have CLASS F airspace but the U.K. does).
PS: I've flown in the U.K. when I live there as a teenager as well. :wavey:

The supplemental oxygen bit is your get out clause here, I seem to recall you get these green bottles of the stuff and a little facemask, you don't need the full jet jockey get up. As for engine performance all I'll say is the Cessna 152/172/182 POH isn't an exhaustive document on piston engine performance.
NO, Oxygen with a face mask and bottle is required for aircraft that do NOT have Oxygen equipment build-into the aircraft systems like almost all the single/multi-engine props Cessna's if you intend to fly for periods above 10,000 ft (MSL). I happen to use that as well when I fly (rent props) on vacation trips and have to fly above 12,000 ft for an hour or more etc. So, NO full jet jockey get up; because those O2 systems are built into jet and have a spare backup attached to the ejection seat as well.

Happy FS flying; BTW: Only Capt. "BS" got nasty PM at the Aerosoft Forums for Bad Forum Behavior and deservedly so. LOL :icon_lol:

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

SkippyBing
February 24th, 2010, 07:14
No, that is NOT what that means... For aircraft that weigh 12,500lbs or greater and are NOT single-pilot rated they are restricted to operating under certain regulations [which are covered under FAR/FC (Flight Crew)] so, unlike what you'll see done in FS, in the real-world these aircraft are mostly prohibited from operating in to and out of any CLASS B, C, D, or E airspace without ATC services of some kind and NOT AT ALL if under IMC in IFR where ATC is REQUIRED.

You seem to be missing my point, if the aircraft is operating under an ATC service, which is essentially all the time as you've pointed out above, then they can go faster than 250kts below 10000' if complying with ATC instructions. In the same way you don't have to follow the semi-circular flight levels rule OUTCAS if you're receiving an ATC service.

As for the bit about oxygen you appear to be vigorously agreeing with me, in that all you need to fly above 12,500' is a bottle of oxygen. Maybe try reading what I wrote or something...

hey_moe
February 24th, 2010, 07:17
I am closing this thread due to personal attacks on each other...you guys know the rules, so behave yourselves.