PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Liberty Belle Stops....

Wittpilot
February 23rd, 2010, 12:58
Liberty Belle's touring season has already began with already giving rides in Atlanta and Texas.... We have tour stops in the following weeks...

San Diego, CA Feb 27 & 28

Long Beach, CA Mar. 6 & 7

Burbank, CA Mar. 13 & 14

Tucson, AZ March 20 & 21

Please come out to support us if you are in the vacinity. If you can't purchase a ride, then just come and visit... we have a nice gift trailer with lots of nick nacks.....

Also.... Soon Liberty Belle and The Liberty Foundation will be big news in the warbird arena and will hopefully offer riders an opportunity that you will not find with any other B-17 operator in the world. I won't divulge anything but I will let you all know when it becomes public knowledge.... I am very excited as is everyone else....

More to come!

-witt

Curtis P40
February 23rd, 2010, 15:43
So...what are we going to bomb? Just kidding. I know you can fly a mission with the Collings Foundation's B-24 dropping dummy bombs. Now you got me wondering...what else can you do with a bomber?
Hope you have alot of riders.
Curt:kilroy:

harleyman
February 23rd, 2010, 18:08
Man...I would love a ride in her someday..but you are too far away from me this year....

N2056
February 23rd, 2010, 18:36
It's at the local airport right now! Saw a good piece about it on the local news. The cool part is that I will probably get some good low altitude flyovers of the house...the camera is ready. The bad part is that the weather this weekend is currently forecast to suck...

I hope to get over to see it up-close! :jump:

harleyman
February 23rd, 2010, 19:02
It's at the local airport right now! Saw a good piece about it on the local news. The cool part is that I will probably get some good low altitude flyovers of the house...the camera is ready. The bad part is that the weather this weekend is currently forecast to suck...

I hope to get over to see it up-close! :jump:

PICTURES We NEED pictures.....:wavey:

Wittpilot
February 24th, 2010, 13:44
Yes.... Pictures are always a great idea. The big news has less to do with Liberty Belle than you think..... Still, It will be an exciting summer to say the least....

Daveroo
February 25th, 2010, 07:13
nothing in northern california this year?

Wittpilot
February 25th, 2010, 17:12
Nothing as of yet, they are going back down to Tucson in coordination with a reunion there at the 390th Museum & the air show at DMAFB. I will let you know as soon as it is posted where they go after that...

-witt

N2056
February 28th, 2010, 11:20
Here are some of the pics I took this morning :salute:

853 854 855 856 857

ben54b
February 28th, 2010, 11:58
Witt, is she going to be at Thunder Over Michigan this year? I reead in my latest fliers from TOM they are supposed to have a lot of B-17 this year.

Wittpilot
February 28th, 2010, 12:12
Indeed.... We are scheduled to be there...which brings the total to 7 B-17's... one more and we'll have as many as in '05... We will also have a display with parts for Champaign Lady ... It is going to be a busy air show for me......

-witt

Wittpilot
February 28th, 2010, 12:14
Those shots are fantastic... great to see they had good weather... I've been very very fortunate that every time I've ridden it has been a gorgeous day... nothing like converting a B-17 into a convertible by sliding back the radio room hatch....

N2056
February 28th, 2010, 12:35
The weather yesterday was bad...I doubt they flew. Today has been pretty good so far. I've seen the Belle fly over the house 4 times so far since I got back from the airport :)

MaskRider
February 28th, 2010, 20:47
Saw the Liberty Belle- or some B-17- this after noon while driving home to Alpine on east bound highway 8. She was making a long sweeping right turn directly towards me (on her final cross wind leg I guess) and flew over head on her way for a landing, I assume, on runway 27R at Gillespie Field, El Cajon, CA. It was latish in the afternoon, scattered high clouds and the sun caught her just right. It was just beautiful. She was low enough to make out every detail. Made my day.

For those who may be familiar with the area it was along the stretch of east bound 8 between Los Coches and Lake Jennings Road. The road is actually heading North along that stretch.

GypsyBaron
March 1st, 2010, 21:33
As it turns out, I will be down in Long Beach this coming weekend (March 6/7)
attending the commissioning ceremony for the USS Dewey, DDG-105.

I served on the previous Dewey, DLG-14.

I hope to have some free time either late Saturday afternoon or Sunday
afternoon so that I can get out to the field and take a few photos.

If you are airborne around 11:30 Am Saturday, how about a fly-by of the
Dewey sitting at the pier in Seal Beach NWS? :)

Paul

Wittpilot
March 2nd, 2010, 14:18
They typically have a route all mapped out... I can pass along your info though... I looked on a map and that is not too far away from the airfield, so your chances are pretty good that you might see it... You also have to take into account airspace restrictions.

Check this link for the story about being in Long Beach

http://www.presstelegram.com/ci_14493523?source=rv

GT182
March 2nd, 2010, 16:11
Hey Witt. I don't know if this makes it official or not, but I sure hope it is........ http://www.maam.org/wwii/ww2_acft.htm

Let me know if you hear anything to the contrary on this.

Wittpilot
March 2nd, 2010, 17:04
Like I said before, we are pretty secretive with the schedule... at least for the ride stops... They do a few airshows throughout the year, but try to stay to stops to give rides. A weekend at an airshow might draw bigger crowds, but usually it is a weekend we are not drawing revenue...

I did see soemone post on WIX that they had added the Memphis Belle to the list... 3 B-17's ain't to bad for show.... ain't bad at all....

-witt

GT182
March 3rd, 2010, 05:01
Like I said before, we are pretty secretive with the schedule... at least for the ride stops... They do a few airshows throughout the year, but try to stay to stops to give rides. A weekend at an airshow might draw bigger crowds, but usually it is a weekend we are not drawing revenue...

I did see soemone post on WIX that they had added the Memphis Belle to the list... 3 B-17's ain't to bad for show.... ain't bad at all....

-witt

LOL... You can PM me, I will keep it a secret you know. ;)

For those that don't know, this is not the original Memphis Belle. She is the B-17 used in the movie of the same name.

As for the Lancaster, I beleive that is still in the works. I'll know more after our meeting in Reading on March 13th.

The P-61 will be out with the tail booms installed, but no engines as far as I've heard, under a canopy. That will percipitae the building of a new hangar for the smaller now residing in the main hangar. The main hangar will only be able to store the B-25, TBM, and P-61.