Two words spring to mind 'egg' & 'face'

Chacha
February 23rd, 2010, 04:56
intresting read ....

http://www.newsweek.com/id/106554

.. please note the date! :mixedsmi:

February 27, 1995

15 years ago.... :isadizzy:

... I read the article first.... then I saw your note (pls note the date!) :isadizzy: :isadizzy: :isadizzy:

Yeah after less than 15 years.... I sit in front of my computer and earn a living, while browsing the net and chatting with friends (s)... and posting a reply on SOH.... and ordering my lunch..... and paying bills.... and shopping for the latest fashion.... and searching the web for a possible cure/prevention of cancer.... and ..... (endless things)

cheezyflier
February 23rd, 2010, 05:59
not all of it was wrong though. just most of it.

AckAck
February 23rd, 2010, 06:14
Yup, some of it is still true.

You can still get a picture of Trafalgar Square when you search Battle of Trafalgar - it's just not in the first 3 links.

Your word gets out, leapfrogging editors and publishers. Every voice can be heard cheaply and instantly. The result? Every voice is heard. The cacophony more closely resembles citizens band radio, complete with handles, harassment, and anonymous threats. When most everyone shouts, few listen.(It does allow you to find spelling errors in old Newsweek articles, though... Two in the above section alone, which, sadly, I have corrected.)

The truth in no online database will replace your daily newspaper, no CD-ROM can take the place of a competent teacher and no computer network will change the way government works.False, True, False. However, finding a competent teacher is an issue, whereas a CD is much easier to locate.

And if I watched a filmstrip for 7 hours a day, 180 days a year, I'll bet I could remember it, too.

Can any of you prove you actually exist? I've never met any of you, so you might all be cleverly programmed "bots" set up specifically to fool me into believing that actual humans connect to the internet. Human contact? - not really. It's becoming more life-like though... :d

Brian

cheezyflier
February 23rd, 2010, 13:29
Can any of you prove you actually exist? I've never met any of you, so you might all be cleverly programmed "bots" set up specifically to fool me into believing that actual humans connect to the internet. Human contact? - not really. It's becoming more life-like though... :d

Brian

i've been telling people i'm not actually real since al gore created the internt. i'm just a web-based entity. funny thing is, i suck at math :icon_lol:

Bjoern
February 24th, 2010, 14:09
Clifford Stoll is cool, albeit a bit tiring to listen to over time.

Gj8IA6xOpSk

- Edit: Anyone who thinks the internet is a digital nirvana and happy place never had a computerized STD (aka virus).