PDA

View Full Version : MegaScenery Oahu on sale today for $5 (US)

dswo
February 22nd, 2010, 07:06
http://www.flightsimdealoftheday.com/product.php?productid=697

No, I'm not an employee of PC Aviator. But they are having some good sales, and when I see one that's of interest here I mention it.

MCDesigns
February 22nd, 2010, 07:25
Thanks David, that is a great deal and a great scenery, highly recommended!!

c87
February 22nd, 2010, 07:46
It's a good deal. I highly recommend this particular photoscenery. In fact Oahu has become my main point of operation and I typically fly out of Dillingham. With REX plugged in, the combination of clouds, water and the high resolution scenery is a great mix. At 5 bucks, I don't think you can go wrong.

olaf1924
February 22nd, 2010, 08:00
I am still waiting for megascenery southern california to go on sale.

Vratan
February 22nd, 2010, 10:25
Grrr...42 kB/s...2h 11m to finish...:sleep:

Cleartheprop
February 22nd, 2010, 10:28
http://www.flightsimdealoftheday.com/product.php?productid=697

No, I'm not an employee of PC Aviator. But they are having some good sales, and when I see one that's of interest here I mention it.
Downloaded! and website bookmarked !
thanks David, see you tomorrow! :ernae:

Ferry_vO
February 22nd, 2010, 15:10
Grrr...42 kB/s...2h 11m to finish...:sleep:

Still not much better... at least the download links are valid for 720 hours..

Lateral-G
February 22nd, 2010, 16:07
Downloading now.....140Kb/sec

41 minutes remaining..........

-G-

hey_moe
February 22nd, 2010, 16:19
Thanks David, those pictures look mouth watering...I wonder how it is on the frame rates...Mike

jdhaenens
February 22nd, 2010, 16:41
Mike,

Just got it today and I'm running a 9750 and it works fine for me. (24+)

Jim

dswo
February 22nd, 2010, 16:44
I wonder how it is on the frame rates...Mike

YMMV but I've never had a problem.* It helps that Oahu's an island: i.e., the sim does NOT have to render unique textures in all directions as far as the eye can see.

* Frames locked at 20, Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz, 4 gb RAM, Nvidia 8800GT w/ 512 mb

Vratan
February 22nd, 2010, 22:51
Three "must have" addons for Megascenery Hawaii - http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=MegaSceneryX+-+Hawaii&CatID=root&Go=Search . New autogen for Kaneohe Bay area, Oahu and Electric Beach.

dharris
February 23rd, 2010, 05:35
Thanks for the heads up Vratan, missed these and I also base out of Dillingham, a great scenery in itself.

Lateral-G
February 23rd, 2010, 06:18
Thanks David, those pictures look mouth watering...I wonder how it is on the frame rates...Mike

no problem with frame rates for me.

2.4Ghz, 7900GT nVidia 512MB card

However, some airport land mesh in the scenery do not match elevation of the default airport bgl file (i.e. when you land the plane "sinks" into the ground.

-G-

NoNewMessages
February 23rd, 2010, 12:13
However, some airport land mesh in the scenery do not match elevation of the default airport bgl file (i.e. when you land the plane "sinks" into the ground.

There are six airports on O'ahu, if you count Ford Island - NPS. Only one I'm aware of that has had an elevation change is Dillingham - PHDH with Bill Womack's scenery. Where else are you seeing this?

dharris
February 23rd, 2010, 12:38
I tried the three files that Vratan mentioned and had much worse resolution than I had with just Megascenery, so deleted them. But I have not had any problem with planes sinking into the ground at all. The Dillingham scenery does sit a little high, but the planes sit on them fine. Great scenery. Bought the vegas scenery at the same time and I am disappointed in that one.

Lateral-G
February 23rd, 2010, 14:44
There are six airports on O'ahu, if you count Ford Island - NPS. Only one I'm aware of that has had an elevation change is Dillingham - PHDH with Bill Womack's scenery. Where else are you seeing this?

It was PHDH (Dillingham). I'll try Manny Mahadevan's scenery in the link from AVSIM posted previously.

-G-