PDA

View Full Version : I'm Baaaaak

KellyB
February 21st, 2010, 10:25
Well. I had just gotten HouseHobbit's Ploiesti missions going, when I discovered my machine had been pooched by some worm or another. Oddly, couldn't boot into safe mode to kill whatever it was, so had to rebuild completely.

Sigh.

HouseHobbit: Ploiesti missions are great! I' ve actually bombed and gotten out alive!

My next question is: there is a lot of xml tags in the mission files and in the effects files. Is there any place where these are located in a sort of dictionary?

And then, what controls whether a mission opens with my engines running or stopped. All the AI's are running at the openning, but I have to start engines. Don't see an obvious setting in the mission.
btw, i've moved my position from lead to #2 in the formation, just to see how that goes.s

HouseHobbit
February 22nd, 2010, 05:52
The starting of the engines are a function of the CHS3 game engine, it was designed this way..
i don't know any way to change this.
The AI always have their engine running where as you have to start your engines in the player aircraft..

Glad you got in and out safely..
As i have read, the aircrews had a BAD day of it..
Many didn't survive..GOD Bless them..
I have the Axis missions for the set finished, I am just waiiting for when the crew here have everything restored and I shall upload them..
Bravo on getting out alive..
:applause::applause:

KellyB
February 22nd, 2010, 06:37
Thanks. HouseHobbit

I'm not sure how I got out alive; I think I've got it set so I'm invincible.
I'm gonna risk all and do it right this time. We'll see if I survive without the blanny.

Incidentally, I found the mission tags in the cfs3 mission sdk

Now I'm looking for the same sort of thing for effects, esp. weapons
Any thoughts?

HouseHobbit
February 22nd, 2010, 06:43
I am not one of the "Masters" at this,
The tags stuff,
There are those here that may be able to help out on this..
I am sure some men here can answer any question..
But I am not one of them..

LOL..LOL..
Again, Good Luck on the bombing Run..
The AA can EAT you alive..
Follow the instructions in the read me and you can Make it..
at least sometimes..
LOL..

Welcome back, Glad you were able to fix your computer..