PDA

View Full Version : FSX?

crashalot2
February 21st, 2010, 09:20
Will SFX play on a pc with onboard video ? Allso The computer I use for games on has no internet ,does FSX need it to work?

MCDesigns
February 21st, 2010, 09:31
FSX is a very demanding game/sim and requires a fairly good PC to be enjoyable. You do need to have an internet connection to activate it and to install many payware addons. What other games do you play?

spotlope
February 21st, 2010, 09:31
It depends on what sort of onboard video you've got, but it's not likely to be a very satisfying experience. You can activate FSX offline via phone, so that's not a problem, but you won't be able to load real-world weather without an internet connection. If you list your full PC specs, it'll be easier to predict how well FSX will run.

crashalot2
February 21st, 2010, 09:44
It depends on what sort of onboard video you've got, but it's not likely to be a very satisfying experience. You can activate FSX offline via phone, so that's not a problem, but you won't be able to load real-world weather without an internet connection. If you list your full PC specs, it'll be easier to predict how well FSX will run.

My computer specs are intel pentium E5300 processor 2.60 GH
6 GB ram
1 TB HDD
intel GMA X4500 integrated video
Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
The other games I run are FS2004 at 31fps, and CFS3

txnetcop
February 21st, 2010, 10:23
FSX does not do well on the Intel internal video cards, matter of fact most games don't do that well on the Intel internal video cards. FSX will run nicely on any of the nvidia 9200 internal and above and ATI3200 and above if you have enough CPU power and at least 2GB of memory.

Check this site out for notebook video cards:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Comparison-of-Graphic-Cards.130.0.html

This also applies to onboard video on motherboards for desktop computers
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">