PDA

View Full Version : New B-52 Cockpit Screens

Roadburner440
February 21st, 2010, 04:49
First I'd like to say thanks to the SOH team for getting the site back up. It has been a long 2 days not having one place to come for all of my news. So I had to travel to all the individual sites to get all my news. Now moving on to the B-52. It is in sim. We still have to go through the process of weathering the textures. So in this screens it does look very new/shiny. That is what is being worked on right now along with gauge programming. Do not have a ETA at this point so just sit tight. As always comments are welcome. Just remember it is a work in progress.

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Roadburner426/B-52/buff1.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Roadburner426/B-52/buff3.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Roadburner426/B-52/buff4.jpg

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/Roadburner426/B-52/buff2.jpg

wiltzei
February 21st, 2010, 05:16
Looks great. I wonder how good itīll look with some wear & tear applied. :isadizzy:

Lateral-G
February 21st, 2010, 05:37
Very nice!

I wait patiently..............but hurry up! :icon_lol::mixedsmi:

-G-

rsgunner
February 21st, 2010, 06:50
Looks good.

Russ

flaviossa
February 21st, 2010, 08:01
Nice work!!!! Can i pay for it now?? :icon_lol:

tigisfat
February 21st, 2010, 10:28
Nice, gentlemen. I hope the weathering process makes that cockpit look absolutely beat the hell up. I want it to look derelict and abandoned. That's the B-52 way. :icon_lol:

Ian Warren
February 22nd, 2010, 01:55
Absolutely Boooootful , thank you for coming to the party on this one :applause:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

krazycolin
February 22nd, 2010, 02:28
It will be what it is: quick, dirty but functional... (or, rather, as functional as Darrell makes it)

kc

kack911
February 22nd, 2010, 16:55
I don't have the CS BUFF, but once this VC is done, I could be convinced to pick it up.

I know you said you're working on the textures now, but I was wondering if there's a chance you might correct a few small modeling issues?

The EVS screens are the wrong shape, and it looks like you're missing the lower throttle grips. I'd hate to have to try and grab all of those throttles with one hand.

Looks good, otherwise.

Regards,

Nick

tigisfat
February 22nd, 2010, 17:53
I won't get it until the VC is released either.

Roadburner440
February 22nd, 2010, 18:57
I'd have to look into both of those. These are the first screens I have seen of cockpit outside of the renders. I can't look at what I posted either since I am at work and it blocks out photobucket. I know the grips you are talking about though. Watched a program on the B-52 on the History Channel and saw them using a lower grip in flight to manipulate all of the throttles.

hews500d
February 22nd, 2010, 19:32
I don't have the CS BUFF, but with once this VC is done, I could be convinced to pick it up.

I know you said you're working on the textures now, but I was wondering if there's a chance you might correct a few small modeling issues?

The EVS screens are the wrong shape, and it looks like you're missing the lower throttle grips. I'd hate to have to try and grab all of those throttles with one hand.

Looks good, otherwise.

Regards,

Nick

I can't answer as to whether they will remodel the EVS screens, but the lower throttle grips are there, they haven't been animated yet and are out of view in the screenshots.

Darrell

kack911
February 22nd, 2010, 19:38
Ok, yep, now that you mention it, I see a tiny sliver of the lower grips in the first pic.

Thanks Darrell.

Nick

viking3
February 22nd, 2010, 19:40
I was yapping to a Buff driver at an airshow one day and he said he had to have 3 fingers surgically added to operate the throttles.:kilroy:

Regards, Rob:ernae:

kack911
February 22nd, 2010, 22:17
I'd have to look into both of those. These are the first screens I have seen of cockpit outside of the renders. I can't look at what I posted either since I am at work and it blocks out photobucket. I know the grips you are talking about though. Watched a program on the B-52 on the History Channel and saw them using a lower grip in flight to manipulate all of the throttles.

Hi Steve,

When I replied to Darrell, I somehow missed your post...not sure how that happened, sorry.

Hey if you need an additional source for cockpit related stuff on the BUFF, let me know. After I posted, I went and dug out some of the B-52H maintenance stuff I have. Everything I have is hard copy, but if there's anything you couldn't find references for, I'd be happy to transcribe text, or even make a few scans if you need it. For instance, I have a nice cutaway view of the throttle quadrant sitting here.

If you think it's worthwhile, hit me with a PM.

Regards,

Nick

Tylerb59
February 23rd, 2010, 14:57
Very nice. :)

rayhere48
February 23rd, 2010, 15:28
Can't wait, please hurry. I want it bad. Thanks, and I will send my check in the second it is ready.

rvn817j
March 4th, 2010, 06:31
Thought I'd ask for a status report, so I'm giving this thread a "BUMP". TIA.:bump:

Roadburner440
March 4th, 2010, 06:40
For the time being the cockpit is still with the coding guys making sure stuff gets implemented, that gauges work and getting weathered. Coding is definately a more difficult process than modeling. Do not worry though, as soon as I hear or see something back it will be up here.

Quicksand
March 4th, 2010, 06:50
Thanks for the update... I took the plunge and bought the BUFF... She really will be a gem when your vc is done.. I'm in line to buy it also. Thanks for helping out the community by granting a specialized request.:salute::medals::icon29::guinness:

hews500d
March 4th, 2010, 08:08
Hi Gents! Coding is continuing.. No timeframe on when she'll be ready, but moving along quite nicely :mixedsmi: I hope you like the finished product once released :ernae:

Darrell

Roadburner440
March 4th, 2010, 09:18
And there you guys have it from the source himself. Thanks for directly responding Darrell. :icon29:

Odie
March 4th, 2010, 09:46
Excellent progress, gentlemen ! It's looking very good! :mixedsmi:

tigisfat
March 5th, 2010, 21:12
Can we see some screens of it weathered to help us pass the time?

krazycolin
March 6th, 2010, 06:15
It will be shown when it's ready to be shown....

:wiggle:

Scratch
March 6th, 2010, 13:55
I have canceled all payware acquisitions until this cockpit is released. Dang I can't wait for this!!!!!!:applause:

SirBenn21
March 6th, 2010, 17:20
We want more! We Want More! We want more!

LOL

:jump:

Ben