PDA

View Full Version : Orbx - FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest - Being Released Soon

Timm
February 21st, 2010, 03:43
Hi Guys,
Not heard any thing regarding the release date for this awesome looking Scenery add on for a while until I read a post over at HOVERCONTROL (http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=17628) and it seems that we could/might see something next weekend. So one headed of over to the flightsimstore (http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?currency=GBP&manufacturers_id=92&products_id=1218&osCsid=a5g9t6tal9kovggloseoduj2j1) to see what the latest is and pre booked my copy already, they have great video there showing what this package is going to have. My card is at the ready. Timm

BOOM
February 21st, 2010, 03:49
This will be a BIG,BIG weekend!!!:jump:

DaveKDEN
February 21st, 2010, 06:59
This will be a BIG,BIG weekend!!!:jump:

According to the FTX site - next Sunday (Feb 28th) will be the release date. :applause:

Dave

MudMarine
February 21st, 2010, 07:02
Looking forward to it!!:jump::applause:

vora
February 21st, 2010, 07:10
At the FTX forum they have a countdown ticker running... it's definitely Feb 28th.

Timm
February 21st, 2010, 07:26
Orbx will be releasing PACIFIC NORTH WEST this weekend.
FTX USA/Canada Pacific Northwest will be released Sunday February 28th Today at 11:15:53 AM »
Hello all, It gives me great delight to announce that FTX PNW will be available as a download purchase on Sunday 28th February AEST.Hi Guys,
Sorry about that but as you read it he states "THIS WEEKEND" and "NEXT WEEKEND", so it was this that i got and not the rest, very confusing. Timm

BOOM
February 21st, 2010, 07:35
...and if you preorder,you'll be able to download 24hrs earlier!!!! sweet!!:jump:

robcap
February 21st, 2010, 08:12
I pre-ordered :d

R.

guzler
February 21st, 2010, 09:33
I think they should put the USA to one side for now and focus on the UK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IanHenry
February 21st, 2010, 09:39
I agree with guzler.

Ian

cvearl
February 21st, 2010, 10:35
They should alternate. :)

PNW is a great start for North America as they go way up into Canada with this and a few states south into the US.

Really cool that they did this. I hope they have enormous success with it.

Charles.

spotlope
February 21st, 2010, 11:59
I think they should put the USA to one side for now and focus on the UK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It'd be a whole lot easier if there were reams of freely available data for the UK the way there is for the US. From a dev standpoint, that's a big consideration.

Gdavis101
February 21st, 2010, 12:50
How is it going to work with titles like Tongass?

BOOM
February 21st, 2010, 16:51
I don't believe it includes any part of Alaska,It does include South Western Canada,Parts of Washington & Oregon.

Carvalho
February 21st, 2010, 17:02
Pre-ordered mine:icon_lol:

jmig
February 22nd, 2010, 03:39
I don't believe it includes any part of Alaska,It does include South Western Canada,Parts of Washington & Oregon.

What about northern California? I looked at the little map and it looks like they go in CA. However, I couldn't tell for sure?

DickB
February 22nd, 2010, 03:53

Hear Hear !!!!!! :applause: Surely they could slot the UK in between a couple of US regions . . .

Gizmo
February 22nd, 2010, 04:18
What about northern California? I looked at the little map and it looks like they go in CA. However, I couldn't tell for sure?

Id recommend taking a look at the Google Earth KML coverage file thats been post over at the orbx forums
so you can see just what areas are covered

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=15897.0

spotlope
February 22nd, 2010, 06:25
How is it going to work with titles like Tongass?

It should work perfectly fine with Tongass. Like BOOM said, FTX NA Blue doesn't include any part of Alaska, and the two sceneries don't touch one another. They've been cohabitating on my HD nicely for months now. Wait a minute -- cohabitating without touching? What are they, married? :icon_lol:

AckAck
February 22nd, 2010, 07:33
I would think the one to wonder about for compatibility would be Vancouver+ by FSAddon. I'm almost certain they would have looked at that -making them compatible, but I can't say that I've seen anything about it. Wasn't really looking either, though, so I certainly could have missed it.

Brian

NoNewMessages
February 22nd, 2010, 07:54

Checking the Google Earth file it doesn't get close to Kalifornia, Using Interstate 5 as a reference line, it cuts across between Roseburg on the north and Grants Pass on the south. It drops down some as it works it's way west, but only a little. Dividing line for Oregon and Kali is 42 degrees north and it's still 1/2 a degree away/

Besides, if they ever do FTX:Kalifornia someone will have to come up with a new land class for all the marijuana farms in NorKal...:mixedsmi:

spotlope
February 22nd, 2010, 08:18
I would think the one to wonder about for compatibility would be Vancouver+ by FSAddon. I'm almost certain they would have looked at that -making them compatible, but I can't say that I've seen anything about it. Wasn't really looking either, though, so I certainly could have missed it.

Brian

See today's news item on http://www.simflight.com/ for Vancouver+/FTX compatibility info.

HercFan
February 22nd, 2010, 08:26
As I had stated sometime ago in the ORBX forums, my only dream (and it will remain a dream) is that some of my favourite FS9 titles would fit in the new NA Blue.

I can only imagine the combination of NA Blue along with masterpieced by Georender, FSAddon, etc.: Harvey and Monroe, Chelan, Wenatchee, Forks, etc.

But the Vancouver+ patch is a great news (although mentionned several times already). Since getting back into flight simming and FSX, I had delayed my purchase of it knowing NA Blue was coming. Today I learned that I will be able to buy it (after NA Blue) at a discount. This means more fun, more features PLUS two additional top notch airports! And Jon P. already stated that Victoria + will get a patch also.

spotlope
February 22nd, 2010, 08:54
There are already a few "familiar" fields being developed for FTX... besides my own Stark's Twin Oaks (making it's maiden appearance in FS, I believe), the other high-detail airport that's coming online is Darrington Municipal (1S2), which many of you will remember from the Georender days. Myself and the other FTX devs are also working on others that will hearken back to earlier days. Keep the faith! :icon_lol:

HercFan
February 22nd, 2010, 09:06
Keep the faith! :icon_lol:

Bill,

Knowing the people involved in this project, I don't think it's a question of keeping the faith or hoping for things to come. It's just a question of WHEN (and that's something I can live with without a problem).

There are way too many flight sim "legends" involved in this adventure for it not to be a classic (with NA Blue to be the canvass).

jdhaenens
February 22nd, 2010, 10:30
I believe I'll go to Oak Harbor and see if I have to do anything with it.

Jim

JayKae
February 22nd, 2010, 10:48
In regards to the Tongass question, it is fully compatible, mainly also because Tongass is quite a bit north of our area in PNW :)

There are some.. future plans for the area in between Tongass and PNW I might add as well

koorby
February 22nd, 2010, 14:05
Here's a direct link to the KMZ coverage map, which is now also included on the NA Blue product page.

http://fullterrain.com/media/FTX_PNW_NA_Blue_KML_Version_1.4.2.zip

Dexdoggy
February 22nd, 2010, 17:05
Ooh boy, nearly there, can't wait! :ernae:

stiz
February 23rd, 2010, 00:16
think where getting close?? the download page is up at fs pilot shop, cant buy it yet though, allthough you can pre pay and get it in advance :mixedsmi:

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=1218

has prices as well:

£31
$49USD
$54AUS
36 Euro (keyboard aint new enough to have that currency symbol!)

spotlope
February 23rd, 2010, 06:21
The actual release date has been announced: this Sunday, Feb. 28. :salute:

think where getting close?? the download page is up at fs pilot shop, cant buy it yet though, allthough you can pre pay and get it in advance :mixedsmi:

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=1218

has prices as well:

£31
$49USD
$54AUS
36 Euro (keyboard aint new enough to have that currency symbol!)

koorby
February 23rd, 2010, 13:58
OK we have a final download filesize now of 4.21GB

We're looking good for a launch on time.

JayKae
February 23rd, 2010, 20:22
Just to let you all know the manual is available to be downloaded now, you do have to register for the forum though

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=18938