PDA

View Full Version : CFS2 aircraft in FSX for use as AI

roger-wilco-66
February 15th, 2010, 14:24
Hi group,

I want to use cfs2 aircraft as AI and static in an FSX scenery. There are FS9 converted types ready available. I figured the cfs2 aircraft are relativly low poly and have very nice textures.
When I tried to test them in FSX I get an error "visual model could not be loaded". Does that sound familiar to anyone? Is there a substantial property of cfs2 or fs9 models that could stand in the way of using them in FSX?

TIA
Mark

Daube
February 16th, 2010, 01:26
It seems that the default CFS2 planes are not compatible at all with FSX.
I had that exact same error when trying to port the default planes to FSX. I used to fly those planes a lot in FS9, they were amongst my favortie models, easy on frames, beautiful textures, and very cool clickable virtual cockpits... I said it several times, but I miss them a lot in my FSX :/

Hurricane91
February 16th, 2010, 03:46
It seems that the default CFS2 planes are not compatible at all with FSX.

Is it possible to convert CFS2 aircraft to FSX, or would this require a completely new model?

Daube
February 16th, 2010, 04:21
It would require a completely new model.
It's not the usual compatibility issue, it's not about transparent textures or incompatible gauges.
This time, it's really FSX that is not able to read the 3D models made for CFS2. So you would need a 3D model compiled in another format, with another tool, or something like that.

Henry
February 16th, 2010, 06:06
yup some of my favorite mossies from Brunoski
will not port for the same reason
thats why i still have fs9 also
H