PDA

View Full Version : Chinook needed for FSX!

raptor19
February 15th, 2010, 09:54
How about it developers! We really could do with a first class Chinook. Although I confess to primarily being a Warbird and Fast Jet fan surely this Helo is a classic and deserving of a good representation in FSX. This aircraft serves with so many different airforces that the scope for repainters would be immense. Hope someone gets the message! :icon29:

raptor19 (John N)

MCDesigns
February 15th, 2010, 10:06
You might want to re-word your title to something like "highly detailed payware chinook needed" as not to offend any of our developer members.

UKMil have a nice Native Chinook, while it might not be to the standard of detail that some users would like, it is a native chinook and a nice model.

I actually have the mesh for a couple of chinooks I have made over the last couple of years, but not having access to the real deal for textures/reference and knowing I couldn't get the VC to the level of detail I know I would want they never went further than scenery objects, LOL.

gajit
February 15th, 2010, 10:10
How about it developers! We really could do with a first class Chinook. Although I confess to primarily being a Warbird and Fast Jet fan surely this Helo is a classic and deserving of a good representation in FSX. This aircraft serves with so many different airforces that the scope for repainters would be immense. Hope someone gets the message! :icon29:

raptor19 (John N)

I agree - never flown a real one but have flown an RAF full motion sim and almost shook me fillings out!

UKMIL
February 15th, 2010, 10:30
http://www.ukmil.org.uk/download.php?list.90

simple:wavey:

scottmm73
February 15th, 2010, 10:35
I agree, although I'm a bit biased. Crewed them for 18 years, before my ear finally gave out.

UKMIL
February 15th, 2010, 10:57
i have also racked up a good few hours in these, all be it, in the back, but did get to fly a few sssshhh, i never said that

raptor19
February 15th, 2010, 11:31
You might want to re-word your title to something like "highly detailed payware chinook needed" as not to offend any of our developer members.

UKMil have a nice Native Chinook, while it might not be to the standard of detail that some users would like, it is a native chinook and a nice model.

I actually have the mesh for a couple of chinooks I have made over the last couple of years, but not having access to the real deal for textures/reference and knowing I couldn't get the VC to the level of detail I know I would want they never went further than scenery objects, LOL.

Michael,

Firstly, the thread was not intended to offend anyone and I did indeed originally put in the word "Payware" before deleting it in case it offended any of the great "Freeware " developers that frequent this site. Just consider the standard set by Section F8's Sabre amongst many others. I am fully aware of the existing "Freeware" Chinook models for both FSX and FS9 and really appreciate the work done in the past by the various parties as I really know how much work goes into them. You are indeed correct my wish/request is that what is needed is indeed a highly detailed "almost certainly "Payware" model that does full justice to the aircraft just like what has been done in the fairly recent past with regard to the Hercules, Spitfire, FW190A etc. etc. A list of all the really great models would be far too long for this note. Every developer fills a niche at some point but I still think that the ultimate Chinook model is still to come.

Best regards,

JohnN

euroastar350
February 15th, 2010, 17:06
The Nemeths have one planned as a future project...but knowing how they like detailed models, more materials are needed to continue. Once I get in contact with Peter again, I'll ask him to see what else he needs to continue.

UKMIL
February 16th, 2010, 01:15
Michael,

Firstly, the thread was not intended to offend anyone and I did indeed originally put in the word "Payware" before deleting it in case it offended any of the great "Freeware " developers that frequent this site. Just consider the standard set by Section F8's Sabre amongst many others. I am fully aware of the existing "Freeware" Chinook models for both FSX and FS9 and really appreciate the work done in the past by the various parties as I really know how much work goes into them. You are indeed correct my wish/request is that what is needed is indeed a highly detailed "almost certainly "Payware" model that does full justice to the aircraft just like what has been done in the fairly recent past with regard to the Hercules, Spitfire, FW190A etc. etc. A list of all the really great models would be far too long for this note. Every developer fills a niche at some point but I still think that the ultimate Chinook model is still to come.

Best regards,

JohnN

John

your comments are appreciated, and unlike others on here, you at least recognise the fact that whilst the exisiting ones are free, they are not upto payware quality. Problem is, If I spent the time making my Chinook that detailed, I would have to charge for it. so there is a time when I have to cut short my models, and release them. Having said that, i think the UKMIL EXTERNAL model is about as detailed as you will ever get. Admitidly, the VC is not the best, but none of our VC's are, as I only spend about 5 days building each.

I used to work on the Mighty Wokka, spending 5 years on them, so I know these Cabs inside out, and no payware develeper has such access, and I dont beleive could deliver you a better EXTERNAL model

regards

UKMIL

EgoR64
February 16th, 2010, 04:25
Sweet, I did not know there was a Native out there -

Thx for HU,

Cheers -

raptor19
February 16th, 2010, 04:59
John

your comments are appreciated, and unlike others on here, you at least recognise the fact that whilst the exisiting ones are free, they are not upto payware quality. Problem is, If I spent the time making my Chinook that detailed, I would have to charge for it. so there is a time when I have to cut short my models, and release them. Having said that, i think the UKMIL EXTERNAL model is about as detailed as you will ever get. Admitidly, the VC is not the best, but none of our VC's are, as I only spend about 5 days building each.

I used to work on the Mighty Wokka, spending 5 years on them, so I know these Cabs inside out, and no payware develeper has such access, and I dont beleive could deliver you a better EXTERNAL model

regards

UKMIL

Hi UkMil,

Just downloaded and tried both your Chinook and Puma and I have to agree the external model of the Chinook is very good and so is the Puma. Also VC's are most acceptable for "Freeware" models. Had a good look around your website (first time for a while) and so impressed that I have now upgraded to Club member. I envy your work and close up on the Big Wocca plus other current RAF aircraft. Will be sending you a PM shortly.:salute::salute:

Best regards,

JohnN

P.S. Hope that Shh wasn't when the occasional Chinook has flown over my home, LOL:icon_lol::icon_lol:

UKMIL
February 16th, 2010, 05:19
John, no problems. THis is one of the issues I find in our FS world. MAny people are quick to knock models and repaints, without actually looking over it! I know alot of guys download our stuff, jump in the VC, then slag it off. I agree, our VC's are not groundbreaking, but they are functional. I spend most of my modelling time, on Externals, becuase that is why I prefer. So our externals are usually much better than the VCs

raptor19
February 16th, 2010, 10:21
UK Mil,
PM sent to you as promised.

Regards,

JohnN

Gibbage
February 16th, 2010, 11:40
I remember the Chinook very foldly. Worked at El Toro marine air base one summer in a warehouse. A formation of 30 Chinook's flew over in TIGHT formation, followed by 2 Jolly's. Damn near toar the warehouse down.... Wow. And yes, I did count them.

Quicksand
February 16th, 2010, 12:41
:icon_lol: Long live the "Sh*t Hook... Very fond memories here, like water, food, ammo, or more firepower incoming. If they couldn't haul it in the cabin, the hook sufficed very nicely... Hence the loving term "Sh*t Hook"... Loved helocasting out of these monsters into the Ogeechee River in Savannah, Ga.. (Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away:mixedsmi:..)

NoShades
February 16th, 2010, 17:55
Here is something I recommend while you wait-- http://www.toptoyexpress.com/remote-control-toys/rc-helicopters/syma-rc-radio-control-chinook-helicopter-s022.html

This is an RC indoor/outdoor model of a chinook.. This is the cheapest model I found of it on the net..but this site only does air mail... these things come only from China so the air mail was cool..one got to me in only 10 days.. I have drank more beer than ever flying this thing indoors and out doors..it is the coolest hovering and flying thing with perfect control for where you want it to go..I highly recommend it !! do not order one until after Feb 27th though..because they are going through 2 weeks of Chinese new year celebrations.. sorta like our Mardi gras in Mobile and New Orleans

EgoR64
February 22nd, 2010, 16:16
:jump:

Good Price - Whats your flying time ?

The last time I had one, it was Gear Driven and the Gears tend to wear early such a Pain -

They are fun - the Chinook looks Like a Hoot !!

Cheers !!

cheezyflier
February 23rd, 2010, 13:32
i downloaded it last night and the model loads all wrong.