PDA

View Full Version : Sweetest RC Chopper I have ever seen

Cerberus
February 15th, 2010, 02:52
http://mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/VideoAbspielen?id=188

Sorry if it's a Dupe

The military applications for this thing could go on and on
Or it could ferry things around a city in minutes.

Built in GPS Navigation
Multi-Rotor
Decent Payload Ability
Super Fast

Snuffy
February 15th, 2010, 03:14
That thing didn't waste any time getting out of there! :applause:

TomSteber
February 15th, 2010, 03:21
That thing is going to lead to a few UFO sightings to be sure!
WOW!!!!

TeaSea
February 15th, 2010, 04:39
This is just too cool......

cheezyflier
February 15th, 2010, 06:44
it's very cool! you could use it to send things to people. or to spy on them. it's very stable, and appears easy to fly.

Dain Arns
February 15th, 2010, 08:10
Too cool, I love it!
Watch the grass and see the ground effect that thing is putting out.

Bet that thing eats up the juice too.
During the GPS test, it appeared to be doing what I call the "battery fade".
Just...gets...a...little...lower....
See that on my own electric RC helicopters.
Means the fun is about over. :icon_lol:

Wing_Z
February 15th, 2010, 10:43
...:jawdrop:...
Now he just needs two things:
A stealth mode and
A battery pack that can go all day

kilo delta
February 15th, 2010, 11:41
Relatively cheap too @ €1500....in comparison to some RC heli's.

I want one :icon_lol:

harleyman
February 15th, 2010, 14:35
Now that is way to cool...

FAST...man it was gone ....

CADFather
February 15th, 2010, 17:57
...:jawdrop:...
Now he just needs two things:
A stealth mode and
A battery pack that can go all day

Naw, with the GPS flight system all you need is a fleet of them and a docking station where they can land and auto-connect with their chargers. One could always be on station while the others are charging or in route to relieve it. I can see some uses for it and not all of them are legal. I wonder how well it handles cross winds.

Cerberus
February 16th, 2010, 06:54
Relatively cheap too @ €1500....in comparison to some RC heli's.

I want one :icon_lol:

At such an accessible price I could see people trying to use it for a lot of illegal stuff. Imagine it carrying a small explosive to the podium of a public representative giving a speech .etc Or using it to ferry drugs around like a modern day carrier pigeon.

kilo delta
February 16th, 2010, 07:31
At such an accessible price I could see people trying to use it for a lot of illegal stuff. Imagine it carrying a small explosive to the podium of a public representative giving a speech .etc .

Never thought of using it for that kind of mission....hmmmm....tempting. I'd prefer to use it for spying on my hot neighbour when she's out sun-bathing ;)............oppps.......did I just type that!:kilroy::isadizzy::icon_lol:

Cratermaker
February 16th, 2010, 07:41
At such an accessible price I could see people trying to use it for a lot of illegal stuff. Imagine it carrying a small explosive to the podium of a public representative giving a speech .etc Or using it to ferry drugs around like a modern day carrier pigeon.
I have even seen a video of an idiot who rigged his RC helicopter with a 1911 to fire by remote control years ago.

However, I have not heard of any actual criminal activity in using this technology yet and it has been around for years. It must be more difficult to use for nefarious purposes or they would be doing it already.

Dain Arns
February 16th, 2010, 09:48
Plus the video really doesn't show just how loud this thing has to be.
One set of rotors is still comfortable inside the house here, but six... :isadizzy:
I think everyone would hear it coming for a long ways. :icon_lol:

kilo delta
February 16th, 2010, 10:24
Plus the video really doesn't show just how loud this thing has to be.
One set of rotors is still comfortable inside the house here, but six... :isadizzy:
I think everyone would hear it coming for a long ways. :icon_lol:

[80's flashback alert] Stick a Blue Thunder silent mode kit on it!!! [/80's flashback alert]
:icon_lol:

Snuffy
February 16th, 2010, 10:44
Plus the video really doesn't show just how loud this thing has to be. ...

I thought the video did just fine in providng noise. Mebbe crank up yer volume a bit? :mixedsmi:

Six blades were quite noisy.

Cees Donker
February 16th, 2010, 11:47
Never thought of using it for that kind of mission....hmmmm....tempting. I'd prefer to use it for spying on my hot neighbour when she's out sun-bathing ;)............oppps.......did I just type that!:kilroy::isadizzy::icon_lol:

Dirty old man!

:icon_lol:

Cees

Dain Arns
February 16th, 2010, 12:27
I thought the video did just fine in providng noise. Mebbe crank up yer volume a bit? :mixedsmi:

Six blades were quite noisy.

The video isn't the same as being there "live" is what I was referring to Snuffy.
I guess that wasn't clear enough.

As you know, modern camcorders tone down loud noise recording to a certain level.
It's to prevent damage to speakers and such.
This allows it to record the level of the sound, but doesn't include the harmful decibel level.
You can record someone shooting a gun, sure it's loud on the video, but we all know its not the same as "being there".
It's a loud :pop4: on the video, but not the ear ringing sensation. :icon_lol:

So, again, if you think that was loud on the video, I can tell you from personal experience it was probably mind numbing to be there in person. :isadizzy:

zaphod
February 27th, 2010, 00:11
It may be noisy, but the fact remains, we can hear him speak in a very normal tone of voice.

If the GPS flight computer could be programmed with lat/lon/alt/heading waypoints, and time-on-target commands, then be told to fly to location X, shut down and wait...

...there's this place in Nevada

Zap :)

Ken Stallings
February 27th, 2010, 17:06
We really are reaching a point where dynamic changes to typical reconnaisance missions are here. Frankly, that device could have been used in the first Star Wars movie (heck perhaps the first three) and a very credible appearance would have been accepted.

There's really little reason anymore to tell a soldier to poke his head around the corner to see what's there. To borrow a phrase from Star Wars, just "send a droid!"

Ken