PDA

View Full Version : what numbers can be used on new aircraft

Rick Goss
November 5th, 2008, 10:20
I am trying to learn how to make missions and I dont know anything can some one help me???

winslow33
November 5th, 2008, 14:43
Well, your best bet is to find a mission editor. There's a good one at simviation, I'll find the link later, when I get time.

I learned the hard way: Looking at the stock .MIS files (mission files) and doing simple tweaks to change stuff like waypoints and aircraft. But then I got a mission editor and discovered how much easier it is.

winslow33
November 5th, 2008, 16:54
Click the below link and download CFS Mission Editor v3.0.0 part way down the page.

http://simviation.com/cfs1utilitites1.htm

Does this help?

winslow33
November 5th, 2008, 16:56
If that doesn't help, let me know and I think I have another mission editor.

Rick Goss
November 6th, 2008, 14:43
thanks for the info for the mission editor now all I have to do is grow a brain
Rick

winslow33
November 6th, 2008, 15:49
I don't know what you have planned, but you might be able to open a stock mission and tweak it slightly rather than make a new mission from scratch.

Rick Goss
June 11th, 2009, 21:07
I did find a mission editor but there are a lot of things that I am still learning to do it is really a hit and miss kind of thing with me. I just wish it wasnt so time consuming to get one little mission to do one little thing but I guess thats the way its got to be. Thanks for the help who ever you are...

smilo
June 21st, 2009, 06:29
hello Rick...making any progress?
here's a link to a Mission Tutorial by Franz_von_Baron;
http://www.simviation.com/cfs1misc2.htm
you will be able to find the information you want there.
sorry I can't be of more assistance,
I'm more into the MULTIPLAYER mode.
interested?

Rick Goss
June 27th, 2009, 17:05
Thanks for the info I found a mission editor and have been making new missions out of old ones but have run into another problem. I have been trying to make some pacific missions out of some old missions and have been able to do it except for one problem. the aircraft always end up about 2 football fields in back of the runway can you help me???

Thanks

Rick

winslow33
June 28th, 2009, 08:03
The planes you are using- Are they included with the game, or are they 3rd party add-ons?

Rick Goss
June 29th, 2009, 16:17
Thanks to all for the info about how to make a mission do what you want it to it helped

Rick Goss

Rick Goss
July 9th, 2009, 10:34
Hi Folks:
I Need help with CFS1 and I sure would appreciate it if any one can give me a hand. For Some reason my game CFS1 has decided it wants no more new aircraft added to any new missions. The new aircraft work just fine if they are in Free flight but when I put them in a mission the Game gives me an error of Aircraft initialization Failure. I can turn around and put one of my older planes in the mission and it works just fine. has any one ever heard of this problem and if so what can I do about it. They are 3rd party Planes
Thanks for the help

Rick Goss
rag888@att.net

Dave Cumming
July 14th, 2009, 09:23
Most likely a folder is named wrong in the .mis file. If required attach a copy to this thread and I will try to look at it.

Dave