PDA

View Full Version : You guys been watching the Daytona races?

Cazzie
February 14th, 2010, 04:16
Other than the two Danica was in.

Homeboy and I mean "real" local homeboy Timmy Peters won the Truck race last night. Smoke took the demo derby Nationwide race and Danica found out what being in the wrong place at the wrong time at Daytona will bring.

Thursday's 150 qualifiers were nice close finishes, but the first race was better, second was pretty much of a sleeper until the finish.

Overall, the racing has been great for Daytona, I am not a super speedway lover. Looking forward to the 500 today.

Ed, that Lowes crew cheats, ain't no way JJ could have won that 150 the other day without cheating. I swear the front end of the Lowes Chevy was 3-in. longer than Harvick's! :icon_lol:

Caz

stansdds
February 14th, 2010, 06:27
Sadly, I missed the Nationwide Race. I wanted to see how Danica would do in a real NASCAR race, but my wife had other plans for me. I will watch the Daytona 500 today.

PRB
February 14th, 2010, 07:18
The truck race was great, as usual. I hope Danica does well, and I hope somebody can persuade her to, y-know, try to limit the, y-know, excessise use of, y-know, saying "y-know", every fifth word or so, because it's really, y-know, irritating to listen to somebody speak that way. Y-know? :icon_lol:

Cazzie
February 14th, 2010, 08:23
The truck race was great, as usual. I hope Danica does well, and I hope somebody can persuade her to, y-know, try to limit the, y-know, excessise use of, y-know, saying "y-know", every fifth word or so, because it's really, y-know, irritating to listen to somebody speak that way. Y-know? :icon_lol:

Consider her mentor Junior, y-know. :icon_lol:

Caz

EasyEd
February 14th, 2010, 09:50
Like Ya Know Hey All,

Danica - I saw a lot of the Nationwide Race - she did great for an absolute rookie. Despite her personna at times she is a very cautious timid even driver. She tries hard to take care of her equipment and do the best she can with it within her ability. I could see this even in her open wheel driving and now in NASCAR she is seriously out of her comfort zone - but I give her full kudos for having the courage to try. She was totally uncomfortable in the draft yesterday because of how the car handles (looser) and she was being encouraged to become more aggressive and get used to it rather than dropping back into air where her car handled more comfortably. I don't recall her pushing anybody or being pushed - woulda freaked her out I think. I can hardly wait to see how she handles someplace like Bristol. She has so much to learn this is gonna be good to watch her develop. I fully agree with DW saying driving NASCAR is gonna make her a better open wheel racer.

Junior - man I hope being in the wrong place at the wrong time doesn't mark his season this year like last year. His ending up upside down wasn't his fault at all.

I didn't see the truck race. Hope the 500 is good today.

-Ed-

David_L6
February 14th, 2010, 09:52
I wasn't able to watch any of the races before today, but I AM watching the 500 (and messing around here at SOH).

PRB
February 14th, 2010, 12:13
Now they're fixing the pot holes!! LOL

Cazzie
February 14th, 2010, 13:23
Now they're fixing the pot holes!! LOL

Olympics had the 3rd run of the luge and an American took the silver in Nordic Combined, first ever.

Always something to do when NASCAR and FOX takes a holiday. Either Brian France needs to repave his track or NASCAR needs to avoid it. And it just would not be FOX without that :censored: drama!

Things had been going so good, I knew that FOX and NASCAR would fug it up before long.

Caz

Cazzie
February 14th, 2010, 15:40
Whew, am I glad that is over!

Great racing, when they were racing. What about Junior, looked like the old man at the end.

Everybody tried to blame Jeff Gordon on the last lap mishap, uh-uh, my boy Denny Hamlin caused that mishap. Denny's been bumping into a lot of them at Daytona, he'd better watch it or he'll become one of the bad guys.

Anyone reckon Brian France will have the track repaved by the 4th of July race?

Caz

Panther_99FS
February 14th, 2010, 16:00
I'm just glad Harvick didn't win....:d
And it was definitely nice to see McMurray in victory lane!:icon29:

wombat666
February 14th, 2010, 23:18
I attempted to watch the Nationwide and the Cup races.
Probably the crappiest television coverage of any Motorsport for many a year.
I was less than impressed with one dickhead who made a remark along the lines of 'Daytona, the World Centre of Motor Racing'...........not 'Jaws' BTW.
That started at 04.00 DST on Sunday (Oz time) and once again I really think NASCAR comes up smelling of 'used food' when it allows half the field in the 'Second Tier' series to be composed of 'Level One' drivers.
What a complete crock!
I gave up on that one pretty early as well, too much stage management for me.

Sunday evening we were subjected to a soap opera titled 'Jimmie Johnston:The Road to Daytona' which lasted for ten minutes of viewing, shame as he seems a nice enough young bloke.
Something covering his driving career instead of a 'Days of Our Lives' episode would have been appreciated.

The 500 coverage began at 02.30 DST and (I believe) finished at 10.00......I gave up in disgust once the 'pot hole' drama began.
I lost count of the yellows.......and it was around 08.30 on Monday morning when I switched off.

NASCAR are just as incompetent and (dare I say it) as 'corrupt' as the Formula 1 FIA 'connection' when it comes to fair play.
And the excuse for running Level One drivers in the Level Two events doesn't stand up, there were SFA 'bums on seats' that I could see for the Nationwide race, all it does is allow the Cup drivers extra track time and $$$.

:icon34:

Terry
February 15th, 2010, 04:33
I saw everything from the Arca race to the Winternationals. Enjoyed it all, hope next weekend is as good.

Next weekend it's on to Fontana followed by the Az Nationals.