PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft My Traffic 2010

Wombat_VC
February 14th, 2010, 02:03
Anyone here using it? I'm thinking of getting it for my new Win7 64-bit install. No one seems to have reviewed it yet.

idahosurge
February 14th, 2010, 04:16
Over at SimMarket this is 39.95 and MyTrafficX 5.2b Pro is 39.27, these are download prices.

I have 5.2b Pro and I suggest that you get this rather than MyTraffic 2010 from Aerosoft. You get a lot more with 5.2b Pro and you get support directly from the author.

With the Aerosoft version you have to get support from Aerosoft and that support is not going to be close to the support that you will get directly from Burkhard Renk.

SimFlight has a forum dedicated to MyTrafficX that Burkhard monitors everyday and provides support.

http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=4

Go to this link and there is a table about half way down that lists what you get with each of the versions of MyTrafficX.

http://secure.simmarket.com/b.-renk-mytraffic-x-pro.phtml

Regards,

Rod

mgbmike
February 14th, 2010, 04:43
X2

Mike

strykerpsg
February 14th, 2010, 05:26
Have also been pondering the same question or even Ultimate Traffic 2. My question though is does MyTrafficX 5.2b Pro have military traffic as well?

Matt

jmig
February 14th, 2010, 06:14
Have also been pondering the same question or even Ultimate Traffic 2. My question though is does MyTrafficX 5.2b Pro have military traffic as well?

Matt

Yes it does. I think it has more military traffic than the others. I too have the 5.2b version.

One addition. I am not sure if the military models have been upgraded to "FSX" standards. He has slaoly been upgrading his models.

strykerpsg
February 14th, 2010, 07:16
Yes it does. I think it has more military traffic than the others. I too have the 5.2b version.

One addition. I am not sure if the military models have been upgraded to "FSX" standards. He has slaoly been upgrading his models.

John, thanks for the update. The one thing I like about JustFlights TrafficX is their Traffic and Civil pack addon and the ability to scan your cfg files for additional planes. I don't suppose 5.2b also offers similar capabilities for scanning your cfg files too does it? Ultimately just tired of JF's less then lackluster support for TrafficX and the FS9 traffic files. I have a decent beast of a machine for FSX and would just like more updated models with a modest FPS hit.

Matt

mgbmike
February 14th, 2010, 11:42

For MyTraffic X Professional the updated military aircraft to FSX standards so far are the A-10,B-1,B-2,B-52,C-5,C-17,C-37,E-2,F-4,F-5,F15,F-16,F-22,F-117 but be aware that most won't be available until the next program update unless Burkhard decides to release them in the SimFlight forum.
Mike

strykerpsg
February 14th, 2010, 14:27
Just purchased! Thanks for the clarification. I used to like JF's support and products, but they seem to less and less user friendly. I did see Burkhard is all over their forum though and certainly wants to outperform the other traffic programs, boon for all of us.

Matt

MCDesigns
February 14th, 2010, 16:00
Been thinking about getting an AI traffic addon, but was holding out for a package that is 100% native FSX. Seems JF TrafficX is 100% DX10 and I like the added heli models listed.

I just looked at My Traffic X at simmarket thanks to this thread and sorry to say, the models look really low detail/basic so that is a wash as I want some kind of detail as not to kill the immersion when on the ramp together. I also noticed that not all models are FSX native.

Didn't Ultimate Traffic 2 come with FSX models?

We definitely need a non biased review of all the traffic addons for a sticky since this question comes up so often.

strykerpsg
February 14th, 2010, 16:18
Can tell you the JF TrafficX models are very basic looking, including their civil/military addon. Although I feel certain they stay fairly basic looking to preserve FPS on slower systems, I have a more robust machine then before so am hoping the FSX update will cure that with 5.2b. Also, JF had too many database errors that need to be corrected. I asked a few times for help and always seems to fall on deaf ears with JF. Just my opinion.

Matt

MCDesigns
February 14th, 2010, 16:58
Thanks Matt, didn't see many screenshots of the JF models, so good to know. I agree that keeping them basic helps with performance, but as a modeler myself, you can still have reasonably good looking models/better textures. Oh well, guess I'll keep looking.

strykerpsg
February 14th, 2010, 17:49
As an earlier post mentioned, perhaps review it after there is more conversion to an FSX standard. Admittedly, many of the JF models look like FS9 Traffic models, so perhaps there is hope. I am ultimately hoping many of the hangar models I have can be incorporated, a dream at least.

Matt

Wombat_VC
February 15th, 2010, 04:01
Over at SimMarket this is 39.95 and MyTrafficX 5.2b Pro is 39.27, these are download prices.

I have 5.2b Pro and I suggest that you get this rather than MyTraffic 2010 from Aerosoft. You get a lot more with 5.2b Pro and you get support directly from the author.

With the Aerosoft version you have to get support from Aerosoft and that support is not going to be close to the support that you will get directly from Burkhard Renk.

SimFlight has a forum dedicated to MyTrafficX that Burkhard monitors everyday and provides support.

http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=4

Go to this link and there is a table about half way down that lists what you get with each of the versions of MyTrafficX.

http://secure.simmarket.com/b.-renk-mytraffic-x-pro.phtml

Regards,

Rod

Thanks for the advice. Bought the MTX 5.2b Pro. :salute: Will get it installed as soon as I get to it. :kilroy:

strykerpsg
February 15th, 2010, 06:03
I purchased mine yesterday as well, be forewarned, it's 1.6gb file and I have tried several times to get the full download but keep experiencing server time outs. So, am downloading at work with the greater bandwidth.

Martyn
February 15th, 2010, 07:47
@strykerpsg: Sorry to hear you were disappointed with our support of Traffic X. However according to our system, we never received a support request from you regarding Traffic X. I can see a few forum threads but as we point out in several places, we don't offer support via the forum and cannot guarantee that every forum post will get an 'official response'.

In future, drop us an e-mail via the support section of the website and we'll sort out any problems that you are having.

Thanks
Martyn

strykerpsg
February 15th, 2010, 08:03
Martyn,

I will try again to see if anything gets resolved, but there just seems to be many recurring issues with your program which has caused me to fall out of loyalty toward it. I have sent at least one tenchincal support request and when nothing was received back, went onto the forums looking for other similarities to my problem. Since I purchased My Traffic X Pro 5.2b, will compare and contrast and figure out the road ahead with my Traffic options. I appreciate you looking here for issues that have gone un-addressed on your forum and hopefully we can resolve these. I have always liked JF products, but Traffic X has taken it's toll on me. Thanks

Matt

strykerpsg
February 16th, 2010, 07:09
Michael,

Having spent the morning working through install and usage of MTX5.2b, can tell you the aircraft seem to be a bit nicer, more detailed then the JF series. Also, the AI seems to generate traffic more realisitically. I no longer have British commuter birds flying out of SEATAC and other CONUS airfields. I even flew out of Honolulu and noted many of the airlines I saw regularly while stationed there ie Hawaii Air, Alaska and NW. The one complaint I do have is the interface is a bit clumsy or maybe I'm just slow in picking it up. JF did have a somewhat easier GUI for establishing traffic. As has been noted, Burkhard is all over their forums, though a bit difficult to understand at times, but he's there answering all questions. Again, as noted with my reply to Martyn, they are not very good at resolving their forum issues, which to me seems contrary to the design of a forum. Anyway, I don't think I will return back to JF's TrafficX.

Matt